UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

No, I have SAO Ordinal Scale from French AL and It does not have English sub/dub on it.
On the contrary Hirune Hime/Napping Princess does have English Sub/Dub, so if you want you can order that movie right now from the french branch.
I'll be importing the US Hirune Hime for bonus features not on a PAL DVD.

When it comes to Import releases. They have to order them from the JP distributor before a certain date so they only order exactly the amount being ordered here.

So they won't have any spares for you to order.

As said above you'll have to wait for a domestic release, or order directly from JP yourself.

You can buy the standard edition on Amazon Japan for 50 quid including customs and shipping.

Last edited:
You can buy it on Amazon Japan for 50 quid including customs and shipping.

Not the version AL sold. The Collector's Edition is a bandai visual store thing that costs 9259 (£60) + fees to have it forwarded to the UK so £4 + shipping. This is why ordering through AL was easier since they were dealing with bandai directly.

The above link is fine if u want the standard edition.

Hahaha - that disc is definitely not dual language but by all means buy it and find out :D!
I've wondered this for a while but perhaps I can actually get the answer simply by asking you or another AL rep Andrew - Is there a reason your dual language English/French releases are not publicised as such, not even just on the boxes? (I'd totally have bought the Gundam Movies box, which I missed out on the limited UK stock of, off the shelf in France last year if it had said it contained English subs on the back of the box) I mean, ultimately a sale for @Anime is a sale for Anime Limited, right? And you must have permission from the licensor to release multi-language discs in this way (I'm guessing the reason you don't do so with most of them is because you're not allowed in those cases). I just wonder why in the instances where it does happen, it almost seems hidden from buyers of such releases in both countries.

It does seem to be to stop importation.
And my jokey comment about SAO was referring to what Jeremy told me on Twitter it is the same box but with different discs (in Grimgar’s case) so im assuming SAO is that same case

And my jokey comment about SAO was referring to what Jeremy told me on Twitter it is the same box but with different discs (in Grimgar’s case) so im assuming SAO is that same case
Oh, do does that Twitter comment confirm then, that Grimgar is not having shared discs?

I'll be importing the US Hirune Hime for bonus features not on a PAL DVD.

That's really unfortunate - because as you should know by now - any DVD we release is NTSC for starters (or at least as far as I can humanly remember anyway). So effectively you're doing yourself out of a really nice edition for an imaginary slight.

In fact actually ask yourself this - when have we released PAL DVDs in the last 2 years? We actually remove DVD when we have to due to restrictions on colour formats (aka Daimidaler, Prison School, Heavy Object etc) - so why on earth would we start making PAL DVDs now by choice...?

Hopefully this helps change your mind :).

AP

That's really unfortunate - because as you should know by now - any DVD we release is NTSC for starters (or at least as far as I can humanly remember anyway). So effectively you're doing yourself out of a really nice edition for an imaginary slight.

In fact actually ask yourself this - when have we released PAL DVDs in the last 2 years? We actually remove DVD when we have to due to restrictions on colour formats (aka Daimidaler, Prison School, Heavy Object etc) - so why on earth would we start making PAL DVDs now by choice...?

Hopefully this helps change your mind :).

AP
I could've sworn the last time France took the lead and bonus features were shoved on a DVD for the UK was a PAL DVD; Miss Hokusai. I'll concede I may be wrong on that one though as I skipped that release - for a different reason though, the lack of the English dub.

Belladonna of Sadness made #3 on Little White Lies magazine's 30 best releases of 2017

uG7QnyG.jpg

It's all very well and good speculating as to why, but I was more interested to know if AL could just tell us why. Given that in the case of the Gundam Movies, it's no longer available in the UK but is readily available in France, I'd have thought UK buyers importing would be good for their sales so it would be better to publicise it than not. Unless the licence contracts are like really, really convoluted in their specifications. Which I'd totally accept as an answer because I know that's a distinct possibility.

You know what I'd like to know? What shows that they announced they won't be releasing anymore... Seems kinda silly to me that they haven't let people know tbh. I mean maybe I missed the list, and if so could someone point me to it as I'd like to know if Kiznaiver is actually coming (I assume not at this point).

You know what I'd like to know? What shows that they announced they won't be releasing anymore... Seems kinda silly to me that they haven't let people know tbh. I mean maybe I missed the list, and if so could someone point me to it as I'd like to know if Kiznaiver is actually coming (I assume not at this point).

Going by the way it happened last time, I'm not even that confident AL themselves know...

Back