UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Pretty disappointed to see Eureka Seven is UE or SE (although I suppose this was already known really) ;_; guess I'll just have hope they pull a Gurren Lagann/FMP and release a nice reasonably priced non daft sized edition someday.... Even more annoyed at myself for not getting the US set while it was super cheap on Amazon >_>

On a more positive note, I'll pick up AssClass Season 2 Part 2 (should probably get Part 1 at some point too....), Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, Hyouka CE, MSG ZZ and Princess Arte. Maybe Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash CE too as it looks interesting. *Edit* Actually having a look at some of these prices, maybe not :S I'm gonna hope this is Amazon just being Amazon, but some of these are gonna have to come down for me to buy.....

Re E7 - There's just not enough demand ever to do all three configurations really so either you print just the Collector's box with extras in the case of an insane project like FMA or you do like we did with GL and release the BDs as standards at the same time-ish. Ultimately we'll never keep everyone happy there and while I can never say for sure, I have a wealth of material and three E7 films to release now too so we're unlikely to not do something in the future but like Gurren Lagann or FMP - it won't be anytime soon for sure.

Re prices - When the data lists first, it goes in at SRP then the algorithm runs on if it needs to discount or such as far as I understand so it will either move or not over the next few weeks. Other retailers will price as they go too and we obviously list on our site in due course as well so stay tuned there if Amazon doesn't shift :).

Best,

Andrew

It's an experiment in delivery model - the biggest constraint of our Ultimates to date is simple - either we do a size that basically fits on some DVD / BD shelves ala Escaflowne or we do an insane like FMA. FMA inspired me to think more about splitting parts up so what we've done here is created the best we can in two ways so the big parts are:
  • Regular BD sized box (using artwork not used in the US or JP release of the BD / DVDs)
  • 148 page A4 artbook, created especially for this release.
In short, I have basically pored over every piece of material conceivable for the Eureka Seven series to make an artbook (I've never been able to find a good one in Japan and the ones that were are mostly out of circulation now).

It's all being delivered in a mailer that firstly comes wrapped in bubble wrap and goes inside another mailer, to make sure the contents are not damaged and secondly allows you to put the A4 book with your books and your BDs with your normal BDs. The mailer itself is an experiment so can either be thrown out or kept, totally up to you there :).

NB - working on other things but pending approval on the last elements - sufficed to say this model allows us a lot more room to work as well so if it goes down well we'll consider it in future :).

Well since you said you were only interested in Grimgar and Assassination Classroom, I find myself unworried :D!

Best,

Andrew

I think I'm gonna pass as I dont want the separate sets so book and BD not together just not for me like the Geass art cards annoy me.
And I would have preferred a Escaflowne style with a larger multiple of items such as OSTs and a storage box.

I think I'm gonna pass as I dont want the separate sets so book and BD not together just not for me like the Geass art cards annoy me.
And I would have preferred a Escaflowne style with a larger multiple of items such as OSTs and a storage box.

Well, the secondary mailer can hold them all if you want too - so it's an option :). That said, again as you said you were only after Grimgar and Assassination Classroom S2 this quarter, I can safely say neither are inside the Eureka Seven box at least so you remain unharmed by the choice :D.

In all seriousness, totally get the mentality there too but I was itching to make this kind of artbook for the title and couldn't justify the dimensions otherwise nor can I publish separately for that so this seemed as good a trial one as any :).

Best,

AP

Well, the secondary mailer can hold them all if you want too - so it's an option :). That said, again as you said you were only after Grimgar and Assassination Classroom S2 this quarter, I can safely say neither are inside the Eureka Seven box at least so you remain unharmed by the choice :D.

In all seriousness, totally get the mentality there too but I was itching to make this kind of artbook for the title and couldn't justify the dimensions otherwise nor can I publish separately for that so this seemed as good a trial one as any :).

Best,

AP
I can understand due to the amazon listing I guess a EB will be the only way to get a cheaper price and will be a month long like it was for Escaflowne

Depending on the price and what it looks like I might bite on E7. Hopefully some pictures of E7 and the other titles will come through gradually.
Also, not sure if this has been asked but any chance of Black Butler Book of Murders getting picked up? I'd happily buy a CE of it to go with Book of Circus.

• Regular BD sized box (using artwork not used in the US or JP release of the BD / DVDs)
  • 148 page A4 artbook, created especially for this release.
Realize it doesn't suite everyone's tastes, but to me that sounds pretty great!

I always had a bit of trouble finding a place for UEs, but being able to put a blu-ray with other blu-rays and a book with other books makes me way happier than it should... I look forward to it hitting the AL store.

Re E7 - There's just not enough demand ever to do all three configurations really so either you print just the Collector's box with extras in the case of an insane project like FMA or you do like we did with GL and release the BDs as standards at the same time-ish. Ultimately we'll never keep everyone happy there and while I can never say for sure, I have a wealth of material and three E7 films to release now too so we're unlikely to not do something in the future but like Gurren Lagann or FMP - it won't be anytime soon for sure.

Well to be honest your post above has kinda changed my mind on E7, like unless I'm mistaken are you saying that the UE will come in normal sized packaging with the artbook separate? Because honestly the size of UEs is my main issue with them... I mean I'm no a fan of the prices either but if I saw a decent deal somewhere.

I guess the "can't keep everyone happy" thing is pretty apparent here, you have thedoctor not buying it because they come separate and me now interested for that very reason.... who would wanna have to deal with us anime fans everyday man lol.

Re prices - When the data lists first, it goes in at SRP then the algorithm runs on if it needs to discount or such as far as I understand so it will either move or not over the next few weeks. Other retailers will price as they go too and we obviously list on our site in due course as well so stay tuned there if Amazon doesn't shift :).

Best,

Andrew

Fair enough. I should probably have expected that to be the case as anime prices on Amazon have been awful for a while now (maybe my imagination, but I feel they're much higher now). Mainly I hope for a nice deal on Hyouka as the current price on Amazon is a bit much for the first half for me, hopefully a wee early bird deal will crop up there.....

Well to be honest your post above has kinda changed my mind on E7, like unless I'm mistaken are you saying that the UE will come in normal sized packaging with the artbook separate? Because honestly the size of UEs is my main issue with them... I mean I'm no a fan of the prices either but if I saw a decent deal somewhere.

I guess the "can't keep everyone happy" thing is pretty apparent here, you have thedoctor not buying it because they come separate and me now interested for that very reason.... who would wanna have to deal with us anime fans everyday man lol.

Glad to hear it - and we've been listening to feedback and thought it was worth trying this way for a change so glad it's swaying somewhat (subject to prices etc - but you can expect an Early Bird on the Ultimate at the start of November).

Absolutely correct on your understanding too there :).

And me! Despite my replies sometimes, I love working on products for you guys and we listen to feedback either way :).

Andrew

Any change of a nice box for Eureka 7 standard edition? In the absence of a CE I feel it would be nice for those who can't afford the UE. Something similar to FMP even if it's a very limited box.

Collect all nine different cover images of You? Great idea, I'll pass it on. *

* DISCLAIMER: I am not being serious here in any way, shape or form. ;)
You only added that disclaimer because Andrew got mad at you lifting the lid too soon, right? ;)

On a serious note, if you get access to that UK Yohane illustration and could get approval on a way to use it, that'd be cool. Even if it was like, as an art card.
(Still feels weird to see you with the "Industry Representative" title - congrats again!).

I'm suffering from a Silver Spoon deficiency, while I've covered my Haruhi lack by importing The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan from Australia, that will only go so far.
Seconded.

You'll miss out on the Collector's Edition then - which is why it's taking a wee bit longer to do in fact :).

Best,

Andrew
Sigh, I guess I'll wait patiently then. Your CEs are usually too nice for me to pass up. :p
Shame that there's no Death Parade, Sound Euphonium! or Plastic Memories yet.

Very few slice of life or romance anime limited are getting... How annoying!

Aren't Manga and MVM grabbing them all? I like AL's more diverse selection (but this may be because Andrew's personal taste tends to be close to my own).

R

Death Parade is starting to reach an "I should just import it" level of waiting.
I already imported the AU release of Plastic Memories cause it's taken too long, I'm mostly just curious to see how the Anime ltd release is going to look (if it ever comes out).

Back