UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

We won't get Hyouka before December and it's only part 1? Jesus, I might actually just go for the US release then like a lot of other people here.

Last edited:
Some great titles in that line-up. My bank account won't appreciate it but I'm happy to see some that I'd forgotten about like Love Live Sunshine.

I feel as though this year has been (relatively) cheap for anime releases and then suddenly right before Christmas absolutely everything is coming out. My poor budget.

I know nobody likes overtly mentioning this kind of stuff but are the local Funi releases in this batch going to be region locked to the UK? Maybe we can invent a secret way of communicating this information via winks and emoji.

R

Eureka Seven
Complete Series - Ultimate Edition Blu-ray - 20th November 2017
Part 1 - Standard Edition Blu-ray - 20th November 2017
Part 2 - Standard Edition Blu-ray - 11th December 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I know people complained about the lack of standard FMA BDs, but the E7 standards seem to be about the same price as the FMA CEs.

It would actually be legitimately funny to see the Internet Wars if they had a different girl's picture packed blind inside with art cards. Quite a few JP releases do this and a lot of swapping takes place. Or have it done with preorders from the store. C'mon, it's totally worth the cost of nine small print runs just to see the amount of drama it would cause.

(Does anyone else enjoy imagining Hanners flirting with everyone due to the way that You's name looks when rendered in English?)

R

I want Dimension W and Grimgar but as @bailey1985 said I'm fine if a few of these get pushed back as I can't afford everything I want.

Hyouka and Eureka 7 will certain6have to wait. I was hoping for a collectors set of Eureka 7 like full metal alchemist so I'm in not rush to pick up standard copies.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I know people complained about the lack of standard FMA BDs, but the E7 standards seem to be about the same price as the FMA CEs.

In fairness, we've always done this with our Ultimates - either a month later or same month and believe me, you'll get more value for money from the Ultimate in due course as well :). Will have more on the contents of it soon - but worked hard on it and the concept is an experiment on a different way to do Ultimates, looking forward to seeing how folks react :).

Best,

Andrew

Back