UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I cant see wing being out or successful unless they skip like EVERY gundam out in US. Cos you need to catch the potential importers (Myself inc) and give us confirmation you can release max 6 months after Nozomi and at least Match or beat their CE. Otherwise why would we bother

I disagree most of the casual fans who are potential buyers most likely won't import the Nozomi release adding to the fact it's region locked as well, heck even some US fans may import Anime Limited CE due to disliking the way Nozomi have packaged the CE and the price.

Plus why is everyone worrying about Wing that is a guaranteed release eventually, especially since has the biggest fanbase , it's older UC titles that need priority right now especially since AL have working hard to get them out.

Trying to push for Wing out now could potentially delay further the UC titles AL already have enough on their plate as it is.

Last edited:
Has there been any update regarding Nadesico yet. We're now apparently less than two weeks from the street date and there's still only a placeholder image on the website. No mention of any possible early bird offer either.

Fear not, all is well on the Nadesico front and you'll be hearing more pretty soon!

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Nadesico isn't really my thing but it's an important series in western fandom. I think that one of my friends is going to buy a dozen copies to compensate for me having so little taste that I think the movie is the best part of the series.

R

Does it not pick up after episode 3 then ?

It's hard to say without knowing what you're looking for (and because I last watched it when it first came out in the US which was so long ago some people on this site weren't even born yet). I would personally say that yes, it does improve markedly if you are after the plot becoming more involved. If you get the chance to give it a few more episodes to get going you might come away with a better idea of whether you'll like it.

R

It's hard to say without knowing what you're looking for (and because I last watched it when it first came out in the US which was so long ago some people on this site weren't even born yet). I would personally say that yes, it does improve markedly if you are after the plot becoming more involved. If you get the chance to give it a few more episodes to get going you might come away with a better idea of whether you'll like it.

R
I'll watch another 3 episodes to see if I can get into it, Thanks for the advice

I hope Nadesico does well, i missed the old release and will be getting this one and i hope if its succesful then we might get other 90s shows.

I watched Nadesico recently and even though it was entertaining and had its funny moments im not sure it has much rewatch value. As such im not likely to pick it up, I've also heard the film kinda ruins the series (which i've not seen) so im reluctant to watch it. That aside Anime Limited have done a nice set.

I think Nadesico is a fun meta series, something you have to be into mecha anime and avoid spoilers to really get. Back in the day ADV kinda cross promoted it with Eva.

Can't stand the movie. Unnecessarily nasty and puts the break out character front and centre because she was huge in Japan at the time.

Back