UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

• Would you consider licensing any live-action film or series?
    Andrew: Sure but we don't have any. It depends on whether they are keen on it (and whether it's actually good), they won't search for it for the sake of it. Live-action is not something they'll expand to but if it's attached to an anime it's possible. Example of something they are keen on is the live-action JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 film. Not Terraformars (probably Andrew's favourite secretly heh heh heh)

It wasn't no possible for Hana and Alice, but Fireworks is another opportunity to release a Shunji Iwai original - this one's only 50 minutes long! Or subtitling any of the early short TV films released in the Initial collection.

Re: older anime, Belladonna is the only (?) example I think of an anime feature being restored outside of Japan by a non-Japanese label. Here's hoping it won't be the last. We've still got Momotaro to look forward to, restored by Shochiku. It's Toei that really needs to get their act together and restore Hakujaden, The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon and Horus: Prince of the Sun at the very least.

Also, I need to mention how there have been some great restorations of Future Boy Conan and Space Runaway Ideon among other series because it's basically my catchphrase now.

I'd buy a bottom of the barrel collection containing HD transfers of G-Saviour and the failed American SD Gundam pilot Doozy Bots.

The funny thing is Doozy Bots kinda did get made later. Sunrise used elements in SD Gundam Force, which primarily draws from the various SD Gundam stories released in Japan.

Curious if SDGF has even been mentioned in the current licensing deals. It's a fun show and gets better as it goes but hasn't aged well. You can tell it's from the era where Sunrise worried Gundam was too dark for the Western market and the cel shaded animation is this awkward mix of motion capture and clipping.

My copy of Assassination Classroom Season 2 Part 1 arrived this morning, the size of the box has me wondering if there will be an artbook with part 2 as the dimensions match the Season 1 box making it too big for two US size bluray boxes.

My copy of Persona 3 Movie 4 on the otherhand still hasn't arrived 2 weeks after being shipped, will email Jeremy if it still isn't here by the end of the week.

Last edited:
I just received an email saying that Viceland will broadcast Cowboy Bebop, both series of Tokyo Ghoul, Samurai Champloo and Eureka Seven in a dubbed format. Daily broadcasts start at 17th July at midnight.

Sorry meant blu ray.__._.Ill get my coat:(

Ah, my bad. Given Spice and Wolf is rather popular, Manga's licence lapsing and US BD discs already existing to be used, I'd say it stands a chance, somewhat. Probably worth mentioning the US BDs are Region B so will work on UK players just fine.

Ah, my bad. Given Spice and Wolf is rather popular, Manga's licence lapsing and US BD discs already existing to be used, I'd say it stands a chance, somewhat. Probably worth mentioning the US BDs are Region B so will work on UK players just fine.

Spice & Wolf license is separate from the Funimation sub-licenses, so it'll last.

While Funimation's discs are region B, they're also a fairly shoddy SD upscale they made themselves (I'm not a huge stickler for video quality, but Funi's S&W is noticeably not great). In an ideal world, someone here would get the BD license and put it out using the JPN masters, which are much nicer looking.

While Funimation's discs are region B, they're also a fairly shoddy SD upscale they made themselves (I'm not a huge stickler for video quality, but Funi's S&W is noticeably not great). In an ideal world, someone here would get the BD license and put it out using the JPN masters, which are much nicer looking.

Also in an ideal world, you would be able to skip all the Funimation adverts that appear when you start the disc up.

Surely Manga licence for Spice & Wolf must be coming to an end soon the DVD sets have been out years and most licence agreements are around 5 years going of what others have mentioned.

Back