UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Do you have some time frames where this happens ? Could check if the JP release is acting in the same way.

Ah! I can answer this. It's not actually a fault, it'a actually just result of the subtitles themselves and how they get read by the hardware. Am guessing you're encountering this when it starts to display a new subtitle on the screen even though the same one is still present too, yes? Exactly the same thing was present in our re-author of Durarara season 1.

While a tad inconvenient it's not actually anything wrong with the disc itself. Hope that helps!

Thanks Jeremy, actually the original question came from Ferensviel :). My copy of Anthem of the Heart is still underway from Zavvi.

Can't say i ever seen something like you describe in any other titles, but then again it could be that i forgot all about it. But when i'm going to re-watch Anthem i'll keep an eye open for it. That is if my 'old' BD player doesn't exhibit the problem of fast disappearing subtitles, in that case a software (firmware) problem of the player itself.

Ah the joys and tribulations of hard- and software :D

Has Snow White with the Red Hair Part 2 been cancelled ? As i just received an email from Base with the following

I'm afraid we've been trying to get hold of Snow White with the Red Hair - Part 2 BD [Blu-ray] (Catalog Number: FNUK-3910) for some time now, but unfortunately we have now learnt that our suppliers have withdrawn this item from sale.

As such my order of this has been cancelled with Base.

Base is almost synonymous to BS, so yeah i can't believe part two of Snow White with the Red Hair wouldn't be cancelled either, guess Base just did a number on me :(

Last edited:
So my local cinema is showing Genocidal Organ but it doesn't finish until 9.50pm, the problem I have is that I have work the next day at 6am and get up at 5am.

So the question is should I go and see it and be a walking zombie at work the next day?

My local cinema is, surprise surprise, not showing Genocidal Organ. Maybe one day the Darlington Vue will get some anime! Why was I so cursed as to be born in an uncultured and small town?!

It's only being shown at the Showcase for Leeds and after seeing In This Corner of the World recently and the fact July is really expensive for me, I'll be passing on Genocidal Organ. If a listing for our Vue pops up I'd go along, but otherwise I'll make sure I buy the BD at a later date. :)

My local cinema is, surprise surprise, not showing Genocidal Organ. Maybe one day the Darlington Vue will get some anime! Why was I so cursed as to be born in an uncultured and small town?!
The Cineworld in Dublin will probably screen it when the Cineworld locations are added. Bit worrying that they aren't taking bookings for it yet, but are taking bookings for Napping Princess.

Edit: Article in The Guardian about it being a golden age of anime movies.

From Genocidal Organ to Your Name: Japanese anime‘s new golden age

This is interesting. Funimation will be releasing Gundam IBO in US and it comes with a model kit.

wk0ohfN.jpg

Back