UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Lol so it's still getting a release I was expecting the bbfc baning it out right. It could have a lot of cuts instead and I've only seen clips of it.

You clearly haven't seen Shimoneta then, have you? :p If there was any show at the risk of having something cut, that was top of my list.

Prison School is still getting BBFC'd at the moment, so it's not set in stone just yet. But if Shimoneta got through fine, we're hopeful this will be alright too.

Prison notes?

As in, a blank notebook like with AssClass?

As in, the most pointless physical extra ever?

Everything else looks [OK Hand Emoji] though.

@anime_andrew I was just wondering, is there any plans to expand the range of cinemas you run theatrical anime in? Every time you announce something, I get really excited that it might be in the Darlington Vue, but it never is! I know you originally had said cinema in your list of screenings for Your Name but it never came to pass. Any chance you'd consider it again for future showings or is it not viable for some reason? I just find it a little odd that you choose the Teesside Showcase of all the North Eastern cinemas, a really old and quite frankly dated cinema, for all your titles when the Darlington Vue is less than 6 months old and is a much nicer place.

@anime_andrew I was just wondering, is there any plans to expand the range of cinemas you run theatrical anime in? Every time you announce something, I get really excited that it might be in the Darlington Vue, but it never is! I know you originally had said cinema in your list of screenings for Your Name but it never came to pass. Any chance you'd consider it again for future showings or is it not viable for some reason? I just find it a little odd that you choose the Teesside Showcase of all the North Eastern cinemas, a really old and quite frankly dated cinema, for all your titles when the Darlington Vue is less than 6 months old and is a much nicer place.
It's the other way for me...I want more dates. My local cinema actually shows the films AL are releasing but all dates for them are in days I work. It's really annoying that films I want to see have only 1 date and I can't go to it.

Hey Andrew, Japan is releasing a new set of Eureka Seven. If the masters are better is it possible you could use them for our release?
New and Improved "Eureka Seven" DVD/BD Box Coming to Japan
Do Funimation's masters include Funimation'ed credits? If so, I'd prefer Japan's masters even if the upscale itself is worse.
Considering the show was animated digitally, even if they were to do another upscale it wouldn't be much, if at all better than the current one.
The only way to improve it is if they still have the original assets and were to pull an Aniplex - paying crazy money to recomposite the entire show at a higher resolution, like they did with Gurren Lagann, Kannagi and Wagnaria's first season. (Speaking of which, Wagnaria please Andrew!)

Prison notes?

As in, a blank notebook like with AssClass?

As in, the most pointless physical extra ever?

Everything else looks [OK Hand Emoji] though.

Or maybe as the shop says in more detail but Amazon also points out "a 44 page booklet with artwork from the show and an interview with the director Tsutomo Mizushima." You'll actually find in more detail: An Episode Guide, Character designs, art boards, op / ed gallery, Prison items, Glossary and a chunky interview with the director.

I'll let you figure out which one is true ;).

Best,

Andrew

If you read the Japanese article, it's more a re-edition than anything and I don't see any reference to new video quality or such. I see new extras added seemingly but that's about it - nonetheless we have of course asked the question :).
What about that juicy new artwork?

I presume a distributor can book a venue to screen their film, but the majority of the time it's the cinema itself that decides to book the film and where/when to show it, no? I think some of the comments would be better directed to the venues themselves - they are the ones who need to see the demand for the film; they don't want a near-empty screen.

I presume a distributor can book a venue to screen their film, but the majority of the time it's the cinema itself that decides to book the film and where/when to show it, no? I think some of the comments would be better directed to the venues themselves - they are the ones who need to see the demand for the film; they don't want a near-empty screen.

Tbf, I did tweet Vue yesterday about it, and they said they'd pass my comment to the relevant department. I'm just letting all parties know in case it helps!

Back