1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by britguy, Dec 5, 2014.

1. qaiz

qaiz Thousand Master

Quite a few sets that I own have the main info printed on the base of the box, a good workaround imo! Personally not fussed either way, a box is just a box.

2. SnowWolf

SnowWolf Adventurer

Jaysgba likes this.
  3. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Hunter

Do Funimation's masters include Funimation'ed credits? If so, I'd prefer Japan's masters even if the upscale itself is worse.

4. Cold Cobra

Cold Cobra I'm entirely trustworthy... AUKN Staff

Wow, I've been waiting to hear when that was going up, I see your post and think "Huh, has it started and I somehow missed someone post about it?" and sure enough, I just ordered Zeta Part 2 with less than 24 hours left in the early bird sale. *phew*... I should pay attention more, I guess?

5. serpantino

serpantino Adventurer

Yeah they do :) but dvd's don't, not that we see many dvd's in fancy boxes nowadays.

6. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Death Scythe

Yes funimations have translated credits

7. Neil.T

Neil.T School Idol

Or indeed just don't remove it in the first place! :p

(And leave it as it is, with clean artwork annoyingly trapped underneath. :mad:)

8. anime_andrew

anime_andrew Anime Limited Representative Industry Representative

If you read the Japanese article, it's more a re-edition than anything and I don't see any reference to new video quality or such. I see new extras added seemingly but that's about it - nonetheless we have of course asked the question :).

Afraid on a boring commercial level, we'll not re-do 7 BDs of masters (which is easily a five figure sum) just for credits. It'd need to be significantly better video quality too - which I am unconvinced there will be as I know the studio are hard at work on the new films (which requires a tonne of re-animation work taking the old assets and redoing them to be 16:9), so the timings just don't match up to be something related to that.

If there is a change as I say, we'll look into it though but there has to be a good commercial reason too :).

Best,

AP

serpantino likes this.
  9. elaniel

elaniel Vampire Ninja

Andrew, any hope with Lodoss?
    I've placed a pre-order for the US release for now. It's been a long time since I've bought an import.

With Record of Grancrest War (by the same author) getting an anime, I hope AL grabs this too. I imagine it's a while away and presume it will be through AoA.

Also, has anyone's copy of Evangelion arrived from AL's webstore? I haven't received mine, and got a dispatch email last week. Bit worried, as my previous order went missing and had to be shipped again.

10. crashmatt

crashmatt Hunter

Im interested in Lodoss and Gosick, I would be happy to wait for UK releases

11. Jeremy Graves

Jeremy Graves Anime Limited Representative Industry Representative

Easter weekend has caused delays with deliveries. So please give it more time than usual - am guessing everything's backed up in some places by a least a few working days.

HWR likes this.
  12. HWR

HWR Student Council President

IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0026.JPG New Prison School set photos
    Future Early Bird Special?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Jon O Fun and Jaysgba like this.
  13. Patient-X

Patient-X Brigade Leader

Certainly wouldn't want an info sheet covering that artwork ;) I wonder what the lenticular effect will be?

HWR likes this.
  14. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Well, that's certainly something. I'd probably buy the show on an EB but I'm too unsure if I'd like it to pay full price.

15. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

Prison School is still up on Viewster if you're not sure. I liked it way more than I expected, given its goofy premise and reputation.

R

IncendiaryLemon likes this.
  16. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Good to know, may try before I buy!

17. JTO

JTO Completely Average High School Student

Still hoping for a Collector's Edition Blu-ray of Nichijou...

HWR likes this.
  18. HWR

HWR Student Council President

That and Wolf's Rain
    (Heck I'm still waiting to hear if I can get a hold of the slipcovers for the two FMA sets since mine in the UCE didn't have them)

19. Anime1977

Anime1977 Completely Average High School Student

Lol so it's still getting a release I was expecting the bbfc baning it out right. It could have a lot of cuts instead and I've only seen clips of it.

20. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

lenticular boobs eh?