UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

No.
Just glue the sheet on the box if you want to quickly see the infos.
Leave the clean artbox for thoses who want clean arworks.

To Add to this. A peel-able sticky label info sheet enables attachment to reverse of box (or anywhere else that may take your fancy) is a plus. (Funimation have done this with at least some releases). Means no Glue if this MUST be how you have things.

Also to add my opinion. The BOTTOM is the right place for the info. It doesn't actually take up that much space. Most of the space on info sheets is usually blurb and pictures. Again. FUNI do that.

I normally just slide mine inside the case (folding it where necessary) so that it's there if I want it. I do prefer clean boxes if I have to shell out for an edition with a fancy box but I also like to have an info sheet (mostly for audio & aspect ratio)

I love clean boxes because sometimes I like one of the pictures more than the other! Boxes are for displaying first and foremost to me, not for details. Though I do love an info sheet, details on the internal packaging or details hidden away on the bottom all work too.

But then I've thrown away my share of ugly thin card boxes and sleeves, so I might be evil.

R

No need to thank me, but I've decided to draft up an info-sheet that any of you out there can use to refer to 99% of your western anime releases!

Audio: Japanese, English
Subtitles: English
Bonus Features: Creditless Opening and Ending Animation

Feel free to bookmark this post and refer to when needed. No longer will you have to deal with fishing out those pesky info-sheets for each individual release you own!

No need to thank me, but I've decided to draft up an info-sheet that any of you out there can use to refer to 99% of your western anime releases!

Feel free to bookmark this post and refer to when needed. No longer will you have to deal with fishing out those pesky info-sheets for each individual release you own!
But how will we know whether a release has 5.1 audio, and which language/s that applies to without an info sheet?

But how will we know whether a release has 5.1 audio, and which language/s that applies to without an info sheet?
Obviously, this information is of little importance. I modelled my innovative, universal info-sheet after those of Anime Limited, the UK industry leader of detachable info sheets for UK anime releases!

I like to know the aspect ratio as I like to force my TV into 4:3 for shows/movies that were televised that way, otherwise it upscales and stretches it which just doesn't look right.

I like to know the aspect ratio as I like to force my TV into 4:3 for shows/movies that were televised that way, otherwise it upscales and stretches it which just doesn't look right.

don't most BDs of 4:3 shows pillarbox it so the image is 16:9 to the TV, but the video footage is still actually 4:3

Quite a few sets that I own have the main info printed on the base of the box, a good workaround imo! Personally not fussed either way, a box is just a box.

Back