UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm totally going for the Zavvi version, I love that watercolour look and the promise of a textured cover as well wins me over. I won't pre-order right now but I'm definitely going for the Zavvi version.

I thought The Anthem of the Heart was a great film, in fact so great that I purchased the Japanese LE so i'll be passing up on the UK release (  ̄▽ ̄)... Anime Limited made good use of the artwork assets from the Japanese release though!

Even if i'm not buying it I still feel a bit for those of you who will, Zavvi isn't exactly known for their great track record of delivering their products without damage to their customers, and this time I personally feel like they definitely got the better artwork on the box. If the Zavvi exclusive version would've been available elsewhere I may have gotten a copy to show my support.

I'm going to say I've had more dented copies arrive from places like Amazon than Zavvi. I really don't know why people act like its like a almost guaranteed thing.

That actually has been my experience for sure, though I've ordered more from Amazon. Only thing I've got from Zavvi damaged was the Perfect Blue Steelbook and I've ordered my fair share of them from Zavvi.

Everything I got from Zavvi was damaged, thanks to their ****** bubbles letter.
That's how I received the SAO 2 artcase. Long story short, it got trashed during shipment. Dealing with their subpar customer service was a nightmare. They insisted on using their broken German even though I tried to get them to talk English since German was clearly not the person's native language I was talking to. I tried getting a refund after returning the damaged copy but all I got was a partial refund of about 11€ instead of the full 32€ I paid.

I definitely did not want to contact their customer service again so I took this as an expensive lesson to never order from them again.

I live in Germany so unsafe packaging is even more of a dealbreaker for me. Yes, Zavvi has a German page so being an English company is not an excuse.

My best experience so far was with MVM's anime-on-line shop. You can pay with Paypal which is nice because my credit card expired a few years ago and Amazon doesn't offer payment with Paypal. They also ship MVM (and AL?) titles early. Their packaging for CEs is safe enough so the package contents do not get damaged during shipment.

Last edited:
704400014260_anime-Maria-the-Virgin-Witch-Blu-ray-DVD-complete-series-primary.jpg

@anime_andrew Is there a possibility of you releasing Maria the Virgin Witch under your funimation label? Such a good show with a satisfying conclusion.

Also, when will Mai Mai miracle standard edition go up for pre-order?

Last edited:
My initial reaction was that they both looked nice and as strange as it may sound my decision would be based around an attempt to answer the question "Is it more of a blue film or more of a white film?".

I overwhelmingly prefer the Zavvi artwork, but the information about the release being on the back of the standard slipcover makes it a must. Chances are, I'm going to have to buy both of them.

Must have missed this. This would totally push me towards the Zavvi verion. Anyone have a Source on that?

Haha don't worry I'm fully aware, was just poking fun. With XXX content and it being suitable for 12 years and over, I thought that maybe the BBFC was a bit lax these days!

Back