UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I also stuck in an order for the CE on Zavvi, now gonna stick in my order for Zeta Part 2 early bird as I forgot to do it.

Wow, I've been waiting to hear when that was going up, I see your post and think "Huh, has it started and I somehow missed someone post about it?" and sure enough, I just ordered Zeta Part 2 with less than 24 hours left in the early bird sale. *phew*... I should pay attention more, I guess?

Hey Andrew, Japan is releasing a new set of Eureka Seven. If the masters are better is it possible you could use them for our release?
New and Improved "Eureka Seven" DVD/BD Box Coming to Japan

If you read the Japanese article, it's more a re-edition than anything and I don't see any reference to new video quality or such. I see new extras added seemingly but that's about it - nonetheless we have of course asked the question :).

Do Funimation's masters include Funimation'ed credits? If so, I'd prefer Japan's masters even if the upscale itself is worse.

Afraid on a boring commercial level, we'll not re-do 7 BDs of masters (which is easily a five figure sum) just for credits. It'd need to be significantly better video quality too - which I am unconvinced there will be as I know the studio are hard at work on the new films (which requires a tonne of re-animation work taking the old assets and redoing them to be 16:9), so the timings just don't match up to be something related to that.

If there is a change as I say, we'll look into it though but there has to be a good commercial reason too :).

Best,

AP

Andrew, any hope with Lodoss?
I've placed a pre-order for the US release for now. It's been a long time since I've bought an import.

With Record of Grancrest War (by the same author) getting an anime, I hope AL grabs this too. I imagine it's a while away and presume it will be through AoA.

Also, has anyone's copy of Evangelion arrived from AL's webstore? I haven't received mine, and got a dispatch email last week. Bit worried, as my previous order went missing and had to be shipped again.

I've placed a pre-order for the US release for now. It's been a long time since I've bought an import.

With Record of Grancrest War (by the same author) getting an anime, I hope AL grabs this too. I imagine it's a while away and presume it will be through AoA.

Also, has anyone's copy of Evangelion arrived from AL's webstore? I haven't received mine, and got a dispatch email last week. Bit worried, as my previous order went missing and had to be shipped again.

Im interested in Lodoss and Gosick, I would be happy to wait for UK releases

Easter weekend has caused delays with deliveries. So please give it more time than usual - am guessing everything's backed up in some places by a least a few working days.

That and Wolf's Rain
(Heck I'm still waiting to hear if I can get a hold of the slipcovers for the two FMA sets since mine in the UCE didn't have them)

Back