UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

My Escaflowne finally arrived.

Thank you Andrew and all of Anime Limited. This is exactly how I think Ultimate Editions should be. (Digipak in box in the bigger box rather than using amaray's). Please stick with this design. I'll treasure this edition of one of my favorite series. I couldn't be happier with it.

Completely missed that there was an early bird deal on Eva! How much was it going for?

Obviously disappointed about the Zeta Gundam delay - but had kinda guessed that might be the case at this point.

But on the flip side - if/when you guys get Wing on Blu-Ray... Oh My God.

And it's still earlier than I expected, assuming it isn't delayed again.
And isn't that depressing....

I dunno how to feel about the whole Gundam section of the podcast tbh, it all sounds fairy positive going forward but when it's all led by "whenever we're cleared to work on Gundam again" I can't help but raise an eyebrow....perhaps I'm just a worrier in general.

Wing has to come as its the most popular in the west (weirdly )

My first exposure to Gundam was Wing on Toonami, following on from Dragon Ball Z weekly. I imagine that's the reason why...

Well, obviously I'm disappointed about the further delay to Zeta, but at least they're still planning on releasing more!

@anime_andrew Shot in the dark here, but do you have any plans for a less expensive version of Escaflowne in the near future? I want to watch it but £100+ for a for something I've never seen before is too rich for my blood. I notice you bringing out cheaper versions of FMA fairly close to the UE, is there any plans to do similar things for forthcoming UEs? Death Parade is another show I'm interested in but haven't seen and wouldn't likely pay over the odds for.

@anime_andrew Shot in the dark here, but do you have any plans for a less expensive version of Escaflowne in the near future? I want to watch it but£100+ for a for something I've never seen before is too rich for my blood. I notice you bringing out cheaper versions of FMA fairly close to the UE, is there any plans to do similar things for forthcoming UEs? Death Parade is another show I'm interested in but haven't seen and wouldn't likely pay over the odds for.

He talked about aiming a standard edition for December, but I'm guessing that now isn't happening.

He mentioned more detailed plans for it and then a couple of us tried to talk him into also including the director's cut disc, so it's probably our fault. :p

It's also on Viewster if that's good for you.

I'll have to check the podcast out myself later to hear exactly what was said on Zeta but at face value it's kinda ridiculous. AL do have my respect and trust but this is now competing with the first US release in being drawn out.

He talked about aiming a standard edition for December, but I'm guessing that now isn't happening.

He mentioned more detailed plans for it and then a couple of us tried to talk him into also including the director's cut disc, so it's probably our fault. :p

It's also on Viewster if that's good for you.

I mean, you're right to do so. On disc content shouldn't be locked behind expensive editions IMO. Artbooks and other physical extras, sure, but I think locking people not able or not willing to pay a high amount out of a better version of the show is pretty bad.

Is Zeta Part One coming in January for sure then? I will need to readjust my budget for this month if thats the case so just looking for that extra extra confirmation.

Subs on Escaflowne are pretty iffy. Episode 2 and 3 have instances of poor work and QC.

"Of the men who who destroyed my nation".
"Don't tell me Lord Van will abandon the the throne".

FFS honestly.

Are the subs here different to the US release? Guessing they are as they are yellow.

Subs on Escaflowne are pretty iffy. Episode 2 and 3 have instances of poor work and QC.

"Of the men who who destroyed my nation".
"Don't tell me Lord Van will abandon the the throne".

FFS honestly.

Are the subs here different to the US release? Guessing they are as they are yellow.

We work to a high standard of QC and have done for sometime, but occasionally something slips through especially when you're dealing with a release of that magnitude especially during the busiest season of the year. It's neither poor work or QC when one or two instances sneak through though - but it is unfortunate so apologies if it's upset your viewing experience :(.

Feel free to send us a direct message or email via our website with any more instances and we'll happily examine though!

Best,

AP

Really not happy about Zeta being delayed again. What was the issue this time?

Just time for authoring - print parts will be ready soon and it's a frustrating experience for us and we won't be using that studio again after given the delays that have been incurred.

Best,

Andrew

Back