UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I second that I don't want AssClass S2 to take long, I loved the first series so I'm dying to see the second. Mob Psycho was a pick up a predicted, and I really liked the show, so I'll certainly be picking that up. Kiss Him, Not Me I'll be passing on though.

Reminds me a bit of how big FUNi's is. Do we know the page count for this one? FUNi's was 300 and contained mostly artwork/illustrations with stuff taken from the booklets from the non-VC releases (adapted from the JP singles booklets) towards the end (mainly the interviews + a new one done for the JP Blu-ray Box).

Ours is 260 pages

Top announcements so far. I will ask the inevitable though..how come no UK CR streaming for Kiss Him Not Me? Are there some issues currently preventing this?

Indeed, and you can go on about them for plenty of things (Ex: They still won't let Sentai stream Amagi Brilliant Park Ep 13 on CR).
Crunchyroll - Crunchyroll Publisher - TBS
NEQ01SS.gif

I'd also be interested in knowing why Kiss Him, Not Me didn't stream to the UK too. If it was just a TBS issue like Grav implied above me or something else. It certainly seems strange for a company that is so focused on having their content around digitally.

I can't say any of the announcements so far really excite me beyond Kiss Him, Not Me. I probably will also pick up Free though as I never watched it through to the end on CR and I'd quite like to support it, especially knowing S2 is available.

So are these 3 announcements the 11am, 12pm and 2pm announcements? (i'm assuimging Kiss Him...jumped the gun a bit?)

edit - nope. AssClass 2 was the 11am and KHNM was the 12pm, so 2 more announcements today (2pm and 4pm)!

Kinda also noteworthy: TBS didn't allow simulcasts of their shows on CR until 2013. Those used to be exclusive to The Anime Network here in NA, no idea how it was for the UK back then (or if you guys were allowed simulcasts for those at all), but yeah, they're still pretty frustrating. Heck, Girlish Number which is also TBS is on a five day delay on CR.

[Edit]Just remembered IS2 wasn't the first, it was still a crappy time though for TBS simulcasts until 2013.

So are these 3 announcements the 11am, 12pm and 2pm announcements? (i'm assuimging Kiss Him...jumped the gun a bit?)
I don't think so, when they posted about Mob Psycho 100 they followed that tweet with "Announcements for the rest of day will be at 11am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm!", with AssClass being around 11am and Kiss Him being around 12pm so I assume we're getting 2 more today.

I hope so anyway....

I don't think so, when they posted about Mob Psycho 100 they followed that tweet with "Announcements for the rest of day will be at 11am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm!", with AssClass being around 11am and Kiss Him being around 12pm so I assume we're getting 2 more today.

I hope so anyway....

Yeah I just spotted that, thanks for confirmation. I edited my original post before you'd typed up your reply :)

Theirs was A4, ours is bigger too so objectively you're getting a different experience :). Different composition too in fact of assets as well.
So I take it there is some content in your book that wasn't in FUNi's? Curious how much will be different, both are fantastic-looking releases though (I own FUNi's CE).

Though expected I'm over the bloody moon over A Silent Voice. I've heard nothing but great comments & as a huge fan of the Manga I'm eager to watch. Can't wait to show my mother the film either :D

It should be up soon :). Sorry for the delay folks!

Not at all! Very thankful you're getting the title legally streaming for us :)

I hope the A Silent Voice screenings are in Jan as I'm unlikely going to be able to go see it otherwise as the run up to Christmas is usually a 8am to 8/10pm kinda few weeks...

So there wasn't another announcement at 4PM then? Or was A Silent Voice it?

I also notice that UKA twitter was live tweeting the Panel and said Jeremy was curious how many Evangelion fans were there.... I know it's most likely just an innocent question based on the Rei/Asuka question and I really shouldn't but pleeeeeeeeeeease!!! ;_;

I hope the A Silent Voice screenings are in Jan as I'm unlikely going to be able to go see it otherwise as the run up to Christmas is usually a 8am to 8/10pm kinda few weeks...

So there wasn't another announcement at 4PM then? Or was A Silent Voice it?

I also notice that UKA twitter was live tweeting the Panel and said Jeremy was curious how many Evangelion fans were there.... I know it's most likely just an innocent question based on the Rei/Asuka question and I really shouldn't but pleeeeeeeeeeease!!! ;_;

More likely middle of January now really - we want it out promptly but we've a dubbed screening day for Your Name lined up in December and I want A Silent Voice to get a special day in its own right :)!

AP

Back