UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think that the acquisition of the rebuild film cements the fact that if Evangelion was to ever be released in the UK on BD, Anime Limited would the ones to do so, with Funimation doing the US release, of course I'd imagine this all taking place after the final Rebuild film. Not that crazy of a conclusion I guess, MVM definitely aren't being given the reigns to Eva and Manga couldn't even retain the rights to the Rebuild films, not only that but they also own the distro rights to another, sought after series that would/could be a big money maker and yet refrain from doing anything of substance with it, that being S.A.C of course, so...

Already have the Japanese Eva BD set so I'm not bothered but I guess this solves that.

I'm disappointed that the Lucky Star set has info actually ON the art box, rather than what I thought was normal practice now, in it being on a removable slip :/. Not cool.

It centres around artwork and approvals for that show primarily - not one we'd usually do either nowadays so normal service will resume again for that again after as you can imagine :).

Best,

Andrew

I'm actualy a tad mad, that it was not revealed sooner the movies would be in the Eden Of The East box.

Had I known I would have pre-ordered the Early Bird Special!

I'm disappointed that the Lucky Star set has info actually ON the art box, rather than what I thought was normal practice now, in it being on a removable slip :/. Not cool.

I guess I'm the only person who actually sees this as a positive. I absolutely hate it when the outermost packaging doesn't at least have some at-a-glance information on there.

I think that the acquisition of the rebuild film cements the fact that if Evangelion was to ever be released in the UK on BD, Anime Limited would the ones to do so, with Funimation doing the US release, of course I'd imagine this all taking place after the final Rebuild film. Not that crazy of a conclusion I guess, MVM definitely aren't being given the reigns to Eva and Manga couldn't even retain the rights to the Rebuild films, not only that but they also own the distro rights to another, sought after series that would/could be a big money maker and yet refrain from doing anything of substance with it, that being S.A.C of course, so...

Already have the Japanese Eva BD set so I'm not bothered but I guess this solves that.

I've already got the Manga and the JP releases of 1.11. Don't really want to dip again but it's a no-brainer that this will be better than Manga's version. Hmmm.

Really hope this bodes well for an eventual release of the series over here. I really wouldn't trust it with any of the other UK distros.

I'm intrigued as to what Anime Ltd will be able to put together for the release.

That said, the Eva films are perennial best-sellers - they keep selling hundreds of copies even years after their original release, helped along by a sub £10 price point. So I presume this release will be catering to a different market to that?

I'm likely to double dip on Eva, depending on the assets they can get for the release.

I'm more interested on if they might be doing a limited cinema run of it.

Not the disc. The packaging maybe and the physical extras, but not the disc. Although if the DVD switches to Funi's master instead of Manga's then SD fans will have a reason to double dip.

It's all about the packaging, physical extras etc at this point. In terms of disc content I already have the JP release so that takes care of that. The prospect of art boxes, books etc......niiiiiiice

I guess I'm the only person who actually sees this as a positive. I absolutely hate it when the outermost packaging doesn't at least have some at-a-glance information on there.

all their sets have info, it's just instead of having it on a slip that can be removed, they've put in the art box, instead of you know, ART.

I have to admit - when it comes to the booklets, I'm hoping for more with text-based content, essays etc. in them in the future. Obviously this is more expensive in terms of translation costs - but for me, while art books are lovely to look at, the Anime Ltd releases in the past that I've enjoyed the most have often ended up being those where the booklet has contained textual material that enhances your understanding of the show/movie itself.

A case in point - Cyborg re 009 - where personally I felt the interviews in the booklet helped turn an average-ish movie into something above average.

Back