UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Due to the singles release of the original Gundam show being impossible to track down at a reasonable price in the 2000s, my only exposure to the original series was through the movie trilogy. It drove me nuts due to several characters clearly being more important than they seemed but I just didn't care about them due to how much was cut. I'm happy with the TV series (on UK Blu-ray!) and so have no intention of picking up the movie trilogy, one way or another.

Due to the singles release of the original Gundam show being impossible to track down at a reasonable price in the 2000s, my only exposure to the original series was through the movie trilogy. It drove me nuts due to several characters clearly being more important than they seemed but I just didn't care about them due to how much was cut. I'm happy with the TV series (on UK Blu-ray!) and so have no intention of picking up the movie trilogy, one way or another.

For what it's worth, the films are UC cannon, the TV series isn't.

So it's good it's finally getting a release for UC fans, at least. (Plus, it's cheaper than the original series, so I might give it a look. :))

Last I heard from Mark Simmons the show and movies are both canon. Mark's written at length about how Sunrise views things (essentially the lore is what's animated, anything else is just optional add on) but the way he's described it is we can assume certain events still occur in the movies, we just don't see them as we did in the TV show. It is true that Zeta and others prioritise the movies.

Unboxing Outlaw Star Blu-ray

[Unboxing] Outlaw Star Blu-ray – All the Anime

IMG_5948.jpg

Last I heard from Mark Simmons the show and movies are both canon. Mark's written at length about how Sunrise views things (essentially the lore is what's animated, anything else is just optional add on) but the way he's described it is we can assume certain events still occur in the movies, we just don't see them as we did in the TV show. It is true that Zeta and others prioritise the movies.

I don't know, but I thought something was slightly contradictory in the films (I think it's the New-Types being introduced earlier or something), and as a result, Sunrise had just taken the film's versions of events.

I might be wrong though.

That is indeed a huge artbook o_O can't say I'm sad to be missing out on the set though, the Gate does nothing for me tbh.

I'm sure you're all aware but since no one has mentioned it thus far, Anime Limited have picked up Mob Psycho 100, Assassination Classroom Season 2 and Kiss Him Not Me. Can't say I know anything about that last one but the other 2 aren't really surprising announcements, hope we don't have to wait too long for AssClass Season 2 as I ended up enjoying the first season a lot in the end.

Last edited:
Dear god that artbook is huge
Reminds me a bit of how big FUNi's is. Do we know the page count for this one? FUNi's was 300 and contained mostly artwork/illustrations with stuff taken from the booklets from the non-VC releases (adapted from the JP singles booklets) towards the end (mainly the interviews + a new one done for the JP Blu-ray Box).

Back