UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Everything seems to be on track according to their latest Newswire.

"For all of you Fullmetal Alchemist fans, as well as our Ultimate Edition set coming out at the end of the month we will also be releasing the whole series over two Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray sets with Part 1 due in November and Part 2 in December."

To be honest I'd take the Amazon listing with a pinch of salt as it says part 2 is out on the 5th December. I really can't see part 2 out before part 1. Plus Amazon have got dates wrong before.

The dates on anime-on-line have been updated to June 26 2017 for Part 1 and TBC 2017 for Part 2 as well, they could be tentative for now but they might have decided to have a few months gap between releases so more people buy the UE.

A bunch of titles have had their release dates updated on AOL (some have been mentioned):

Barakamon (Feburary 13th 2017)
Anthem of the Heart (January 30th 2017)
Eden of the East (December 26th 2016)
Belladona of Sadness (Janurary 23rd 2017)
Persona 3: movie 1 (January 30th 2017)
Persona 3: movie 2 (TBC 2017)
Pigtails and other shorts (March 27th 2017)
Your lie in April part 2 (January 30th 2017)

Likely to all be placeholders, but just letting you know.

Got an e-mail from Amazon UK saying the following

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Lupin III (2015) - Part 1 Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: June 29 2017 - July 01 2017

Miss Hokusai doesn't need the English dub because it's so Japanese, so by the same logic, surely AL should include the Italian dub for Lupin III Part 4?

In fairness, when we know pre-authoring of course we will wait :). It's a damned if we do, damned if we don't kind of situation ;).

AP

Considering the CE has to be ready for the UE, I find that incredibly worrying for those of you that are getting the UE.

Given I have an Ultimate Edition sample on my desk and samples of Parts 1 & 2 here, you can assume it's something weird on Amazon. Because the release dates have not changed folks and stock is all done :).

DVD is delayed but that's because all existing masters are so old everyone is trying to dig 'em up!

Best,

AP

Given I have an Ultimate Edition sample on my desk and samples of Parts 1 & 2 here, you can assume it's something weird on Amazon. Because the release dates have not changed folks and stock is all done :).

I guess we can chalk this one up to Amazon and AOL being confused about the CE Part 1 and 2 release dates by the DVD Part 1 and Part 2 release dates that AL submitted then.

DVD is delayed but that's because all existing masters are so old everyone is trying to dig 'em up!

Best,

AP

Funimation's Viridian collections back in 2010 were 8 discs total for FMA, while the AL listings on Amazon specify 6 discs per collection. Can we assume you're using Funimation's 2007 discs for your release then?

Last edited:
I guess we can chalk this one up to Amazon and AOL being confused about the CE Part 1 and 2 release dates by the DVD Part 1 and Part 2 release dates that AL submitted then.

Funimation's Viridian collections back in 2010 were 8 discs total for FMA, while the AL listings on Amazon specify 6 discs per collection. Can we assume you're using Funimation's 2007 discs for your release then?

It looks like at this stage if we do DVD, we'll need to author ourselves which is a real headache as Funimation's rights lapsed.

Spot on that they must have got mixed up too - we definitely did send the correct info out so who knows what happened!

AP

Back