UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Robbl said:
anime_andrew said:
Robbl said:
What are the chance's for AL to pick up Eureka Seven BD?

Hard to say, it's a bit complicated. I love the show though so if I could, totally would!

Andrew

What a bummer :( Hopefully things will clear up in the future :thumb:

You actually did it! At the time of the post above, how long had you been trying to get Eureka Seven?

This is a very smart licence, I know Andrew has been after this for some time. It's been out of print for a good few years and the US release is region locked so I would expect this will be a strong seller. It still has a decent fan base as well.

I said just a couple of days ago that I wouldn't be buying another AL Ultimate Edition as they're just a bit crap for the price, but dammit I love Eureka Seven :( Feel pretty conflicted about this tbh......

wow. nice pick up. Got the US blu but I'll double dip for a UE.

excited to confirm that we are planning an Ultimate Edition release for the series.

Not entirely sure how to read that. I'd assume the UE wouldn't include AO but the "series" rather than ?season? word plus AL's tendency for UE's to be as "complete" as possible makes me think AO could be part of the set? Decent episode count if that is the case even if AO had a fairly poor reception...

Never got around to getting the US Eureka sets, so this is good news. Hopefully this UE set has a lot of extras. :)

Buzzkillington said:
I said just a couple of days ago that I wouldn't be buying another AL Ultimate Edition as they're just a bit crap for the price, but dammit I love Eureka Seven :( Feel pretty conflicted about this tbh......

AL must really want to keep you as a UE customer. ;)

DragonBlaze67 said:
Been wanting to watch Eureka Seven for ages, glad AL have got it. Might finally be tempted with getting a UE for it, if it looks good. Unfortunately it looks like they haven't got AO or the movie to go with it.

I haven't had a chance to watch AO properly yet. Buut the Eureka Seven movie is properly duff. And being an alternate continuity deal, I'd suggest that nobody needs it in their life. Least of all Anime Limited.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Been wanting to watch Eureka Seven for ages, glad AL have got it. Might finally be tempted with getting a UE for it, if it looks good. Unfortunately it looks like they haven't got AO or the movie to go with it.

https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/status/ ... 9511798784

Just to confirm, we've only got the rights to the original series, not AO or the movie. (Though as a note, both AO and the movie have been released in the UK by Manga.)

msgeek said:
wow. nice pick up. Got the US blu but I'll double dip for a UE.

excited to confirm that we are planning an Ultimate Edition release for the series.

Not entirely sure how to read that. I'd assume the UE wouldn't include AO but the "series" rather than ?season? word plus AL's tendency for UE's to be as "complete" as possible makes me think AO could be part of the set? Decent episode count if that is the case even if AO had a fairly poor reception...

Just noticed your post after responding to another, but just to confirm we only have the rights to the original series.

In terms of wording, I personally regard Eureka Seven as one series, and Eureka Seven AO as another. Fully appreciate people may refer to it in different ways. but that's how I personally refer to them if that helps at all :)

I see Eureka Seven AO as a spin-off of sorts, so it's best to keep it separate.

As for the movie, well Manga UK already released that on Blu-ray with the Bandai masters so yeah.

Speaking of the masters, Eureka Seven is 1080i and it's perfectly fine as it is. There's tons of extras in the Funimation set that Anime Ltd should be able to acquire like the Commentary and such. A lot of the extras were put on DVD (SD reasons) so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened for this case.

I guess what would make the Ultimate Edition special is by acquiring the sort of extras that only Bandai/Beez had to offer, if there is any.

Back