UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well, that puts paid to me ever owning Kill La Kill. Three sets for a standard edition is a complete joke.

The point on the Anime Limited blog about online retailers further discounting the price is all well and good, but unless they HALVE the RRP of those sets, the show still sits squarely in the bracket I define as unaffordable. I'm not paying over £40 for ANY show. Let alone over multiple volumes.

With Aniplex i think they'll try anything to stop a complete set, we still haven't had a complete set of Blue Exorcist, Sword Art Online etc. We only got a complete set of Madoka Magica by accident.

It's really a shame. Granted, they do a lot of really fantastic (Albeit expensive) sets but the way they won't let other companies release complete sets or how long they make other distributors wait to put out Standard Edition sets and the like really makes me dislike them. They seem like a good company with some bad practises.

HdE said:
Well, that puts paid to me ever owning Kill La Kill. Three sets for a standard edition is a complete joke.

The point on the Anime Limited blog about online retailers further discounting the price is all well and good, but unless they HALVE the RRP of those sets, the show still sits squarely in the bracket I define as unaffordable. I'm not paying over £40 for ANY show. Let alone over multiple volumes.

I imagine not half, but you should be able to get it for around £50 for the whole show given a bit :). Working with things as we can here.

AP

I would argue Aniplex wants a Blu-ray Disc Box to occur in Japan before allowing English distributors to release a complete set.

In this case; Blue Exorcist, Kill la Kill, and both seasons of Sword Art Online do not have one. Hence forth Aniplex won't allow it.

Baccano!, Durarara!!, Gurren Lagann, Monogatari (First Season sets ~ Bake and Nise/Neko Black) and Puella Magi Madoka Magica on the other hand do.

Durarara!!x2 is probably the only exception to this but chances are Japan might consider all 36 episodes together to be a Blu-ray Disc Box rather than parts. The show is niche in Japan anyway.

I was about to grumble at the prices of the Kill la Kill Standard Editions, then I realised a) we're lucky to even be getting them in the first place and b) Zavvi dropped Danganronpa to £23 on release day and that had an RRP of £35. Parts 1 & 2 could go down to maybe £20 on release if Zavvi employ a similar strategy. I can probably stretch to that.

So what does everything think Santa Partridge will bring us on Day 11 & 12? (Besides an increase on our credit card bills? :))

I hope we see at least one more pre-order on their site. I'd love to see the Collector's Edition of Miss Hokusai for one of them.

Only thing I want is Perfect Blue but the price would have to be damn good considering I'm pretty sure it's been under a tenner several times on Zavvi. Struggling to think of anything else from their catalogue off the top of my head. I'd say Cowboy Bebop but I already own that so I hope that doesn't come up :lol:

I'm hoping for Space Dandy Season 2, been wanting to get it for awhile if it doesn't come up in the sale i'll likely get it within the next few months anyway but would rather get it cheaper than the current price £40ish.

I can't see Perfect Blue or Cowboy Bebop being in a deal this year as they were part of the sale last year and so far they haven't repeated any of last year in this years sale except from Tiger & Bunny The Beginning but it was in a bundle with The Rising this year so they could do a similar thing with the 2 Cowboy Bebop CE parts. I doubt that'll happen though given they're either OOP or close to it.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Doesn't look like it, unfortunately.
amazon.fr had the french GL UE as one of their black friday lightning deals. think it was like 50 or 60 EUR. Although I assume the french release doesn't have the English language track...

msgeek said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
amazon.fr had the french GL UE as one of their black friday lightning deals. think it was like 50 or 60 EUR. Although I assume the french release doesn't have the English language track...

Amazon UK still has units but at about £150 IIRC which is way WAY too much.

msgeek said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
I think it does. I mean, isn't the whole point of having the French tracks on the UK release to have the same discs for the two countries?

IncendiaryLemon said:
msgeek said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Amazon UK still has units but at about £150 IIRC which is way WAY too much.

I payed £90 but then AL gave me £30 as it was damaged, so the £60 cost was my best value anime purchase imo.

Back