UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Really liking the Count and Fuse artwork. :)

britguy said:
Regarding Aniplex, I'm pretty confident Anime Limited will release Mushishi at some point . Andrew has discussed the title and commented on all licenses reverting back to AoA, so he knows the deal ;)

That and (I'm doing a thedoctor here) Natsumes Book of Friends are my most wanted licenses from them. If either got announced over the next couple of weeks it'd give me a very merry Christmas!

Natsume and Mushishi would have my money straight away.

Buzz201 said:
I wonder if we're all thinking down the wrong lines and AL are going to announce something slightly more shonen.

Kaze don't have Hunter x Hunter, and maybe it's just me, but I could see a cool AL CE of that working. I would have suggested Fairy Tail, but FUNimation has UK rights for that.

Rurouni Kenshin? No clue on who (if anyone) has the UK license for it. Would make for an amazing UE.

NormanicGrav said:
Newswire #48 & #49

■ Fuse and Gankutsuou artwork is revealed, see UK Artwork thread.
■ Samurai Flamenco Part 1 is at Anime Ltd HQ, release date is 21st December.
■ Sword Art Online II: Part 2 still due for 28th December.
■ Fuse is still due for 25th January.
■ Gankutsuou keeps the French style release and release date details will be revealed soon. Blu-ray QC is done.

Not steelbooks :'( ah I really dislike them

Mrclt1994 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Newswire #48 & #49

■ Gankutsuou keeps the French style release and release date details will be revealed soon. Blu-ray QC is done.

Just a correction for everyone. It's a Steelcase not a Steelbook. The difference is that steelcases don't have a spine so when it's on the shelf you have no idea what the show is unless you take it out. That's actually why I imported Elfen Lied.

NormanicGrav said:
Mrclt1994 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Newswire #48 & #49

Just a correction for everyone. It's a Steelcase not a Steelbook. The difference is that steelcases don't have a spine so when it's on the shelf you have no idea what the show is unless you take it out. That's actually why I imported Elfen Lied.

Wow, even worse

Hey guys, just working on updating the release information in OP post and post 2, doing a spreadsheet like Gravs excellent one in the aniplex thread, though not as comprehensive!

Just wondering if there's been confirmation on what titles are now OOP? I'm thinking the following are definites:

Perfect Blue Collectors Edition
Tokyo Ghoul Collectors Edition
Cowboy Bebop Part 1 Collectors Edition

Any more been announced as OOP? Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition?

Mrclt1994 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Mrclt1994 said:

Wow, even worse

Agreed that's much worse, if AL decide to do a slip case for it so you know what it is when it's on the shelf then i might buy it but if not i'll wait for a release to hit USA or AUS. I hate having a title on the shelf with nothing on the spine, that's why i didn't get the Giovanni's Island UE.

NoSurprises said:
That's pretty cool for reference, thanks!

No worries!

If anyone notices any issues with any of the data then please let me know as I aim for this to be as accurate as possible, though release dates and RRP prices were taken from a combination of blu-ray.com and anime-on-line.com so i'm only as accurate as they are!

Mrclt1994 said:
Wow, even worse
I actually agree with you here. I'm not a fan of Steelbooks at the best of times, and steelcases sound ever worse.
Between that and the BD Masters being worse than the old Geneon DVDs, I don't think I'll be in a rush to pick this one up.

The best advice I would give is to add an O-card the size of a Blu-ray case (like Fuse and Baccano) for the set. It's obvious that it's too late to change the model and if they did the set would be delayed even further.

i'm guessing AL are using this as an experiment to kind of see how it is received by fans - I for one am not happy but of course I am just one person so who knows, that style of release may prove popular and prompt more of the same, in which case I will be sad. Would be interesting to know if AL did this due to some sort of market research/customer feedback or if it was just a 'hey, let's see how this is sits with consumers''.

Mrclt1994 said:
i'm guessing AL are using this as an experiment to kind of see how it is received by fans - I for one am not happy but of course I am just one person so who knows, that style of release may prove popular and prompt more of the same, in which case I will be sad. Would be interesting to know if AL did this due to some sort of market research/customer feedback or if it was just a 'hey, let's see how this is sits with consumers''.

Well the blog says they did it Because it best compliments the art in their opinion, and imo too. Fits in very well with the visuals of the show. They always said from the get go that this would likely be the release style.

I personally don't envisage many steelpack releases from AL though.

britguy said:
Mrclt1994 said:

Well the blog says they did it Because it best compliments the art in their opinion, and imo too. Fits in very well with the visuals of the show. They always said from the get go that this would likely be the release style.

I personally don't envisage many steelpack releases from AL though.

Not sure why the art wouldn't work on a chipboard box as it seems like something that is transferable and would still look good but if that's their opinion then fair enough - I haven't kept up with updates about this particular release as I'm less concerned about the steelcase style release for this particular title but more about whether they'd be using it for future releases which may end up being for a title I am actually hoping to pick up.

Re your last point - I hope so

I thought Andrew had said steelbooks weren't normally an option, because you couldn't fit a large artbook in. Hence why they haven't done one before, but it might be somebody else who said that...

Geneon's release of Gankutsuou had these extra features while Funimation skipped them (and presumably All the Anime's set):
■ Storyboards
■ Interviews
■ Comments from Voice Actors
■ Art Settings
■ Fashion Gallery

It's also worth pointing out that the Blu-ray masters are not the very best. Sounds like this release may be a troublesome one...
R1 DVD | JP BD
R1 DVD | JP BD
R1 DVD | JP BD
R1 DVD | JP BD

Then again this is an odd series due to its artstyle.

Back