UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

thedoctor2016 said:
NormanicGrav said:
These Anime Limited announcements over the past few months have been hype.

*Just had to use the gif, it's hilarious*

Still no free or God Eater though. Still pretty good line up for 2016.

That gif ruined me in a coffee shop in Tokyo ;)! Off to sign another license we'll announce in the not so distant future actually :D.

Totally saved some good ones for end of year (I love the ones I've saved up too so, so much).

AP

anime_andrew said:
thedoctor2016 said:
NormanicGrav said:
These Anime Limited announcements over the past few months have been hype.

*Just had to use the gif, it's hilarious*

Still no free or God Eater though. Still pretty good line up for 2016.

That gif ruined me in a coffee shop in Tokyo ;)! Off to sign another license we'll announce in the not so distant future actually :D.

Totally saved some good ones for end of year (I love the ones I've saved up too so, so much).

AP

Ooh

anime_andrew said:
Off to sign another license we'll announce in the not so distant future actually :D.

AP

Oooh, so we'll get some more announcements before the year is out? :)

Hey Andrew/Jeremy!

What time of year does Scotland Loves Anime usually take place? Sameish weekend every year? or month?

I ask cause I'm considering going next year but I'll need to take time off work to do so & getting that time off near the end of the year can be hard if it's not done months in advance. Any sort of indication would be grand, if possible. Thanks :)

Oh and if there's anyway at all you can put Kizumonogatari Part 1 on the listing, I will love you forever. Seeing that film in the cinema..hnngg.

It'd be great if HMV can stock more of their releases. My local one has stocked Fate Kaleid and Honneamise, so far.

It's a shame that HMVs pricing is so strange, though. Ghibli movies are usually priced incredibly well (I guess, because they regularly sell), but some other releases are usually close to the RRP. :(

I'm glad I regularly get HMV vouchers.

Newswire #48 & #49

■ Fuse and Gankutsuou artwork is revealed, see UK Artwork thread.
■ Samurai Flamenco Part 1 is at Anime Ltd HQ, release date is 21st December.
■ Sword Art Online II: Part 2 still due for 28th December.
■ Fuse is still due for 25th January.
■ Gankutsuou keeps the French style release and release date details will be revealed soon. Blu-ray QC is done.

Buzz201 said:
I love that type of show, God Eater is just terrible. If we're going to have a guilty pleasure "young people fighting giant monsters" series, I'd so much rather have World Trigger.

It's not a series but...I'm going to take the opportunity to plug The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon. It's my favourite of the old Toei Doga films, with a gorgeous animation style that would later be aped by Genndy Tartakovsky and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. And it has perhaps the best score that Akira Ifukube (most famous for Godzilla) ever wrote.

Desperately needs a release.

Last edited by a moderator:
NormanicGrav said:

Oh wow! Yes yes yes yes yeeeees!

The Genius Party announcement somehow passed me by a few days ago, but wow that is terrific news. I watched it on Netflix a few months ago and was blown away by some of the contributions - Shanghai Dragon and Baby Blue especially. In fact, Baby Blue might be my favourite of all of Watanabe's works and Yoko Kanno's score is, as always, gorgeous but this is one of her best. I've held off of Genius Party Beyond in expectation of an AL release and I'm glad that they haven't disappointed. It would be neat if AL could get their hands on any/all of theother Studio 4C short films/compilations Noiseman Sound Insect (directed by Koji Morimoto, Yoko Kanno score), Eternal Family, Digital Juice, Deep Imagination and Amazing nuts! to include as extras.

Yami said:
NormanicGrav said:

Oh wow! Yes yes yes yes yeeeees!

The Genius Party announcement somehow passed me by a few days ago, but wow that is terrific news. I watched it on Netflix a few months ago and was blown away by some of the contributions - Shanghai Dragon and Baby Blue especially. In fact, Baby Blue might be my favourite of all of Watanabe's works and Yoko Kanno's score is, as always, gorgeous but this is one of her best. I've held off of Genius Party Beyond in expectation of an AL release and I'm glad that they haven't disappointed. It would be neat if AL could get their hands on any/all of theother Studio 4C short films/compilations Noiseman Sound Insect (directed by Koji Morimoto, Yoko Kanno score), Eternal Family, Digital Juice, Deep Imagination and Amazing nuts! to include as extras.

There's more announcements incoming so it's quite possible that Andrew may have snagged some more Studio 4C content (Mind Game I think is the most wanted request on this forum).

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex gave them Kizumonogatari. I know MVM is interested but considering it's a movie trilogy it might be too much cost-wise for MVM to get. Though it would be cool to see Andrew license other Aniplex properties like Anohana, Mushishi, Persona 3, R.O.D. & Servant x Service + Wagnaria!!

Good for the Gankutsuou announcement, though if the steelbook keeps the French AL logo as the picture shows, I'll see it as cost cutting and just using the already produced steels rather than a design choice :p but likely the image is just a placeholder.

The NISA release of Fuse is on its way to me, but I'll be double dipping because of the AL collector in me!

NormanicGrav said:
There's more announcements incoming so it's quite possible that Andrew may have snagged some more Studio 4C content (Mind Game I think is the most wanted request on this forum)

Mind Game's certainly my most wanted! I'd be very surprised if it wasn't in the pipeline, especially after this Genius Party announcement.

The Studio 4C content I mentioned there I don't think are well known enough to justify a release by themselves, but would be good to see as extras on Studio 4C releases.

Yami said:
NormanicGrav said:
There's more announcements incoming so it's quite possible that Andrew may have snagged some more Studio 4C content (Mind Game I think is the most wanted request on this forum)

Mind Game's certainly my most wanted! I'd be very surprised if it wasn't in the pipeline, especially after this Genius Party announcement.

The Studio 4C content I mentioned there I don't think are well known enough to justify a release by themselves, but would be good to see as extras on Studio 4C releases.

I know Discotek released Amazing Nuts! on DVD so their catalogue is not yet forgotten by many. :wink:

NormanicGrav said:
There's more announcements incoming so it's quite possible that Andrew may have snagged some more Studio 4C content (Mind Game I think is the most wanted request on this forum).

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex gave them Kizumonogatari. I know MVM is interested but considering it's a movie trilogy it might be too much cost-wise for MVM to get. Though it would be cool to see Andrew license other Aniplex properties like Anohana, Mushishi, Persona 3, R.O.D. & Servant x Service + Wagnaria!!

At least one of the annoucements is non-Aniplex. Andrew said it was something he had signed/was about to sign in Japan. Aniplex of America handles their English-language sales. I think The Anthem of the Heart sounds like it could be an AL-type title, and I'm operating under the assumption that AL will end up with Charlotte and God Eater at some point. Although, I think the upcoming announcement will be catalogue or at least less recent than Summer.

Regarding Aniplex, I'm pretty confident Anime Limited will release Mushishi at some point . Andrew has discussed the title and commented on all licenses reverting back to AoA, so he knows the deal ;)

That and (I'm doing a thedoctor here) Natsumes Book of Friends are my most wanted licenses from them. If either got announced over the next couple of weeks it'd give me a very merry Christmas!

Buzz201 said:
I think The Anthem of the Heart sounds like it could be an AL-type title, and I'm operating under the assumption that AL will end up with Charlotte and God Eater at some point, purely because they don't seem like MVM titles, but maybe I'm wrong.

Well they already have The Anthem of the Heart which surprised me but it fits their catalogue.

I wonder if we're all thinking down the wrong lines and AL are going to announce something slightly more shonen.

Kaze don't have Hunter x Hunter, and maybe it's just me, but I could see a cool AL CE of that working. I would have suggested Fairy Tail, but FUNimation has UK rights for that.

Back