UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I love that type of show, God Eater is just terrible. If we're going to have a guilty pleasure "young people fighting giant monsters" series, I'd so much rather have World Trigger.

Buzz201 said:
I love that type of show, God Eater is just terrible. If we're going to have a guilty pleasure "young people fighting giant monsters" series, I'd so much rather have World Trigger.

Ive heard worse things about WT than GE and Toei are much worse than Ufotable with production problems.

thedoctor2016 said:
Jaysgba said:
They literally aired "Extra" episodes three times rather than the scheduled actual episodes.

So? They will air the last 4 in "winter".

So it'll end up like Kekkai Sensen then? There's only so long someone can wait for something to finally finish before giving up and no longer caring. I still haven't gotten round to finishing Kekkai Sensen - took so long for the final episode I forgot what happened in the first 11.

thedoctor2016 said:
Ive heard worse things about WT than GE and Toei are much worse than Ufotable with production problems.

It wasn't the animation on GE that bothered me, it was the design. The designs on WT are fine, but the animation is questionable.

Narritively and from a writing standpoint God Eater couldn't hold a candle to World Trigger. Plus, it's just nice to see shonen series for once where the MC isn't some kind of super god that can do anything and kill all of the monsters...

thedoctor2016 said:
Thats been finished for ages and I dont get the difference between this and a season break , like FZ an UBW did.
Season breaks are intentional, this seemingly wasn't...

thedoctor2016 said:
Thats been finished for ages and I dont get the difference between this and a season break , like FZ an UBW did.
We had to wait an entire cour for the final episode of Kekkai Sense, which looks to essentially be what is happening with God Eater.

thedoctor2016 said:
Buzz201 said:

World Trigger hasn't aired "Extra" episodes instead of real episodes for a third of its run, so there's that.

Jaysgba said:
We had to wait an entire cour for the final episode of Kekkai Sense, which looks to essentially be what is happening with God Eater.

The good news is that, the finale to Blood Blockade Battlefront is excellent, and if you ever get round to watching it, you're in for a real treat. :D

Jaysgba said:
World Trigger hasn't aired "Extra" episodes instead of real episodes for a third of its run, so there's that.

They did repeat an episode, after an episode involving a character deliberately flooding a town coincided with major floods, and they didn't have enough time to reanimate the episode. I think that's a little different to the GE situation though.

Buzz201 said:
Jaysgba said:

The good news is that, the finale to Blood Blockade Battlefront is excellent, and if you ever get round to watching it, you're in for a real treat. :D

At this point, I'm thinking I might just hold out for a blu-ray release of Kekkai Sensen and watch the finale on the heels of a rewatch of episodes 1 through 11.

thedoctor2016 said:
Id prefer a better produced but longer production time, than a crap produced fast release. Also madoka magica went on hiatus for 6 weeks in Mar 2011.

Apples and oranges; that was due to an earthquake.

thedoctor2016 said:
They've said ep 12 would have been rushed or not finished.

If you've seen episode 12 of BBB, I think they were mad to even try and get that done in a week or two at the end of a series. I hope they don't blame Rie Matsumoto and we get a sequel with her directing.

Jaysgba said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Jaysgba said:
They literally aired "Extra" episodes three times rather than the scheduled actual episodes.

So? They will air the last 4 in "winter".

So it'll end up like Kekkai Sensen then? There's only so long someone can wait for something to finally finish before giving up and no longer caring. I still haven't gotten round to finishing Kekkai Sensen - took so long for the final episode I forgot what happened in the first 11.

It was totally worth it too, I really enjoyed the final episode :).

AP

Back