UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I don't know whether you - Andrew Partridge - attempted to read my Patema Inverted acquisition post, I praise a lot of aspects of the release there, but sadly I mention one thing negatively surprising (me).

I have read through the full list of all the listed KickStarter supporters for about 10 times and I sadly enough cannot find my very own name ...
I backed the KickStarter during the KickStarter campaign on the 8th of May 2014 - a week into the campaign - via the PayPal option that was made available after I and others requested it.
I backed the £40 Ultimate Edition and paid due to the PayPal option adding extra shipping £45 at the time.
And the fact I cannot find my name as a backer and the pledge details clearly mentioning "crowd production credit" make me ask the following:

Have you guys forgotten to include the PayPal KickStarter backers?

does anyone know how i can email anime limited about order problems ? specifically with the patema inverted kickstarter ultimate edition ? also is it too late to apply for replacements for the gurren lagann digipack and the cowboy bebop faulty discs ? havent really gotten time to sit down and deal with them till now.

Agent-347 said:
Did they ask how you wanted to be credited? For Kickstarter this was done via the backer surveys, but you wouldn't have filled one of those out.

windcott said:
does anyone know how i can email anime limited about order problems ?
There's a contact form here: http://shop.alltheanime.com/pages/contact-us
Otherwise, try emailing kerry [at] alltheanime [dot] com

Shiroi Hane said:
Agent-347 said:
Did they ask how you wanted to be credited? For Kickstarter this was done via the backer surveys, but you wouldn't have filled one of those out.
I definitely had to fill in a backer survey back in August!

I hope Andrew pops in to shed some clarity on the question. I mean, if we were never meant to be mentioned he and the team should've made that clear back in May.

Regardless I have a huge smile on my face holding this Ultimate Edition.

Lutga said:
Kind of annoyed that my copy of Space Dandy still hasn't turned up from Zavvi - hard to know if they've even posted it or not too as I've not had a confirmation email for dispatch.

Well you could just login to zavvi and check your order; if it says "Awaiting Stock Pick" or "Awaiting Dispatch" it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Emo185 said:
Lutga said:
Kind of annoyed that my copy of Space Dandy still hasn't turned up from Zavvi - hard to know if they've even posted it or not too as I've not had a confirmation email for dispatch.

Well you could just login to zavvi and check your order; if it says "Awaiting Stock Pick" or "Awaiting Dispatch" it hasn't been dispatched yet.

It turned up on Friday in the end - phew!

windcott said:
does anyone know how i can email anime limited about order problems ? specifically with the patema inverted kickstarter ultimate edition ? also is it too late to apply for replacements for the gurren lagann digipack and the cowboy bebop faulty discs ? havent really gotten time to sit down and deal with them till now.

You could try twitter https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime or email [email protected], I'm still waiting for 2 of my ultimate ed of patema to arrive myself.

windcott said:

Not too late for replacements and best to mail kerry AT alltheanime.com with any problems there for Patema, sorry you've been stuck with any!

Best,

AP

Agent-347 said:
I don't know whether you - Andrew Partridge - attempted to read my Patema Inverted acquisition post, I praise a lot of aspects of the release there, but sadly I mention one thing negatively surprising (me).

I have read through the full list of all the listed KickStarter supporters for about 10 times and I sadly enough cannot find my very own name ...
I backed the KickStarter during the KickStarter campaign on the 8th of May 2014 - a week into the campaign - via the PayPal option that was made available after I and others requested it.
I backed the £40 Ultimate Edition and paid due to the PayPal option adding extra shipping £45 at the time.
And the fact I cannot find my name as a backer and the pledge details clearly mentioning "crowd production credit" make me ask the following:

It totally did read it back in the time - I just don't have time to reply to longer posts or inverted ones always I am afraid :). Not a negative just I run pretty short on time so am usually running ragged when I do get round to replying!

Drop Kerry an email re the backer point at kerry AT alltheanime.com and she'll look into that as Paypal backers should be in there too. Re the rip on the O-CARD too, this has been too common a report for me to think it's an accident in postage so we're pursuing it right now as while it's meant to cover the box just for text etc, it's not cool to arrive damaged for folks.

AP

While on Patema Inverted, is there any info on if the CE stock arrived today as expected? Trying to work out if I need to make a request not to send it, as it will end up in limbo for weeks if delivery is attempted after Thursday.

Got a message this morning on Kickstarter telling me that the courier service can't locate my house. :roll:

This is what I was worried about when I had seen from others on Facebook that TNT were whom Sony DADC used to ship it. Only dealt with TNT once before and the same thing happened despite living within 25 miles of their main Dublin depot.

Don't know why they can't find it, or by the look of it know how to use Google Maps, as all the other major courier services have no problem, including FedEx who promptly delivered my replacement Gurren Lagann digipack(Thank you).

I know this isn't Anime Limiteds fault, but it reflects badly upon them when decisions made by Sony for delivery of their products fall below the reasonable expectations of the package arriving within a reasonable timeframe and in good condition.

Slightly off topic, but I used to work for a company that repaired electronic equipment and one of my tasks was to update the software, mainly on things like GPS, if it was required. Anyway, I used to put in my postcode as a test, as outdated ones used to say my house didn't exist.

So, that is a possibility as why certain couriers can't find your house ^^'

GolGotha said:
Slightly off topic, but I used to work for a company that repaired electronic equipment and one of my tasks was to update the software, mainly on things like GPS, if it was required. Anyway, I used to put in my postcode as a test, as outdated ones used to say my house didn't exist.

I'm in Ireland postcodes aren't being introduced outside of County Dublin until late next year as population density isn't high for the rest of the country. My old TomTom sat nav had no problem finding the address with very outdated maps(don't use anymore as I find google maps to be better for the most part).

Still I live in a housing estate in the greater Dublin City area, it's not like I live in an isolated area, Hell I live just off the main road on the east coast that runs from Larne(port for ferry to Scotland) in the north to Rosslare(port for France) in the south

sniper_samurai said:
GolGotha said:

I'm in Ireland postcodes aren't being introduced outside of County Dublin until late next year as population density isn't high for the rest of the country. My old TomTom sat nav had no problem finding the address with very outdated maps(don't use anymore as I find google maps to be better for the most part).

Still I live in a housing estate in the greater Dublin City area, it's not like I live in an isolated area, Hell I live just off the main road on the east coast that runs from Larne(port for ferry to Scotland) in the north to Rosslare(port for France) in the south

Yeah, we're not impressed by TNT's deliveries to date. Out of 726 delivered we've had just under 3% with any issues to date it's worth noting but honestly my usual level of tolerance is 1% (no company has perfect couriers EVERYWHERE but still, over 2% is way more than my tastes like.

Very sorry for the delay getting this to you too!

Andrew

Since this is a general Anime Limited thread, I thought that it would be worth a shot asking a few questions in regards to recent events. The sale you had going on just wrapped up recently. Obviously we're not privy to such information, but generally speaking how did you think it went? Was the amount of traffic and sales you generated more than you expected and does it open your eyes to the uptick in sales in correlation to the prices slashed?

Also does it surprise you that people looked past the 0.4 second error in regards to Kill la Kill due to the price? I hope to see more sales conducted like it in the future, but I'd like it if stock was a bit more plentiful so they didn't sell out so quickly! :p

In other news, I'm glad to see a standard release for Perfect Blue. I do hope to see more Satoshi Kon films making their way on blu-ray down the line :)

I've heard some people discussing the not announced, but much speculated Ultimate Set for Bebop. I wonder if that's still on the table. What do you think when you look at the just released US release of bebop on Blu-ray? They sold out of their whole allotment of limited editions on both Funimation and Amazon. Are you happy with how the UK set turned out and how well it sold in comparison or are there things you'd like to improve on going forward?

Sorry for all the questions, I understand if you can't say much on them :)

Also I would like to add in regards to your plans for the Ultimate Edition Bebop release. I heard the video quality from Funimation's set is very good given it's a 1080p HD Native rather than a 1080i one which you used for the standard and collector's releases. If you could get your hands on those (in addition to the audio and subtitles unless the existing UK ones were better) then that could add value to the UK set. I was interested in getting the US release but after hearing your intentions to get the movie (given the US release has some pretty bad flaws) and the fact that Amazon does terrible packaging when it comes to artboxes (75% chance of getting the set damaged basically) I waited basically.

qaiz said:
Since this is a general Anime Limited thread, I thought that it would be worth a shot asking a few questions in regards to recent events. The sale you had going on just wrapped up recently. Obviously we're not privy to such information, but generally speaking how did you think it went? Was the amount of traffic and sales you generated more than you expected and does it open your eyes to the uptick in sales in correlation to the prices slashed?

There's no real "opening of eyes" involved - it does increase sales temporarily sure but the core issue is if you price down one of three things happens:

1. People swoop on it as a great deal, you sell loads.
2. Day 1 that price, people assume it will go down further - sell same as normal.
3. It's a title that doesn't work and you end up losing money because of assuming Option (1) or worst case (2).

So TL;DR - it's not that I am unaware of the basic principal that you sell less at a lower price but there's a lot of checks and balances in place and Amazon basically does what it wants pricing wise. We know there's a demand for cheaper product too and you'll see in due course where contract allows a standard edition to follow - given cost per unit the sale only works on our own site for collector's product though and that could never replace what we do on general retail alas :).

Actual sales stats for those interested:

- 30 - 50 units a day average were allocated - only two or three didn't sell out and they were DVD only.
- I spent 12 days straight in the office every day posting units. Just finishing off the last KLK's now actually...
- We're happy with how it went, will look to do promo things over the year not quite to the same extent but do want to engage folks.

qaiz said:
Also does it surprise you that people looked past the 0.4 second error in regards to Kill la Kill due to the price? I hope to see more sales conducted like it in the future, but I'd like it if stock was a bit more plentiful so they didn't sell out so quickly! :p

Not really - I'm not a fan of imperfections on discs, but I'd personally have still bought it at 0.4 seconds. That said it pays to be attentive and when you can fix an irk, even at cost, it's worth doing so :).

qaiz said:
In other news, I'm glad to see a standard release for Perfect Blue. I do hope to see more Satoshi Kon films making their way on blu-ray down the line :)

We'd like that too - but it's a tough one to get ahold of! We're talking to certain people about them so you never know - I do want to add more of Kon-san's works to my catalog though :).

qaiz said:
I've heard some people discussing the not announced, but much speculated Ultimate Set for Bebop. I wonder if that's still on the table. What do you think when you look at the just released US release of bebop on Blu-ray? They sold out of their whole allotment of limited editions on both Funimation and Amazon. Are you happy with how the UK set turned out and how well it sold in comparison or are there things you'd like to improve on going forward?

Sorry for all the questions, I understand if you can't say much on them :)

Not at all - I'm pretty open where I can about data!

For Bebop - very happy with how we've sold and continue selling. Want to do an Ultimate but I want more than just the TV series if we do so as am not a fan of fleecing people for newer versions if I can avoid it though :).

AP

The above reminds me of my hope to see the sales charts return, but there haven't been any in 14 months. #sadface
Albeit I do understand you're overworked already. It just sucks when you - I mean me - love data like about the general and categorized sales we got until October 2013.

anime_andrew said:
Agent-347 said:

It totally did read it back in the time - I just don't have time to reply to longer posts or inverted ones always I am afraid :). Not a negative just I run pretty short on time so am usually running ragged when I do get round to replying!

Drop Kerry an email re the backer point at kerry AT alltheanime.com and she'll look into that as Paypal backers should be in there too. Re the rip on the O-CARD too, this has been too common a report for me to think it's an accident in postage so we're pursuing it right now as while it's meant to cover the box just for text etc, it's not cool to arrive damaged for folks.

AP
I also run pretty short on time this week, it's quite hectic.

Following your suggestion I did mail Kerry on Tuesday, but I haven't had a reply as of yet. Hope to see one before the winter break at least indicating what's the sitch.

RE:slipcover - Well, I assume you'll let us all know on here too if something's getting arranged.

anime_andrew said:
There's no real "opening of eyes" involved - it does increase sales temporarily sure but the core issue is if you price down one of three things happens:

1. People swoop on it as a great deal, you sell loads.
2. Day 1 that price, people assume it will go down further - sell same as normal.
3. It's a title that doesn't work and you end up losing money because of assuming Option (1) or worst case (2).

So TL;DR - it's not that I am unaware of the basic principal that you sell less at a lower price but there's a lot of checks and balances in place and Amazon basically does what it wants pricing wise. We know there's a demand for cheaper product too and you'll see in due course where contract allows a standard edition to follow - given cost per unit the sale only works on our own site for collector's product though and that could never replace what we do on general retail alas :)
Sorry Andrew, I didn't intend to come across as condescending or anything so I'm sorry in advance if I came across as such. My questions seem very silly in hindsight I guess I was just interested in seeing how well the sale did. It makes sense that people would take advantage of lower prices. I want to make it clear that I'm one of the people who have no qualms with your price points and love what you're doing in terms of releasing things in a more deluxe manner. I guess I was just interested if the sale had the desired effect which it seems it did!

You're right with the fact that with sales you often condition people to wait it out with the mentality that the price will drop, thus devaluing your product so you need to stay vigilant and believe in the product that believes in you.

Actual sales stats for those interested:

- 30 - 50 units a day average were allocated - only two or three didn't sell out and they were DVD only.
- I spent 12 days straight in the office every day posting units. Just finishing off the last KLK's now actually...
- We're happy with how it went, will look to do promo things over the year not quite to the same extent but do want to engage folks.
Sounds rough posting them all, but I've heard good things in regards to quick turnovers from purchasing an item to it arriving on doorsteps so you all outdid yourselves! I'm not sure about sales figures in the UK when it comes to anime, as I often follow Japanese/US/UK Video game sales figures so it seems to be a different ball game all together so it's a bit out of my territory but everything basically selling out is great.
Not really - I'm not a fan of imperfections on discs, but I'd personally have still bought it at 0.4 seconds. That said it pays to be attentive and when you can fix an irk, even at cost, it's worth doing so :).
Me too, but I actually took advantage of the KLK price. I actually had it pre-ordered on Amazon but had to cancel it due to funds so I'm glad I got an opportunity to buy it. I really would have liked to have brought it at full price since it deserves it, but I'll be there day one for your other releases! :) I watched KLK subbed anyways so I guess it didn't matter to me too much.

We'd like that too - but it's a tough one to get ahold of! We're talking to certain people about them so you never know - I do want to add more of Kon-san's works to my catalog though :).
Sounds awesome, I look forward to your upcoming work. I'm glad you're trying to get a hold of releases that we otherwise wouldn't get, and giving them the release they deserve.

For Bebop - very happy with how we've sold and continue selling. Want to do an Ultimate but I want more than just the TV series if we do so as am not a fan of fleecing people for newer versions if I can avoid it though :).
Yeah no doubt, it's one of those things. The Bebop set you released is awesome in any case. I was planning to double dip on the Amazon US Set but I never expected it to sell out of its 10k allotment so soon! Oh well :D

Speaking of Bebop, I heard that the replacement discs were sent out later than expected? So no need to worry in regards to them not getting here yet I guess. Same with the Lagann digipack I presume?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my silly questions in any case, hopefully you’re having a much deserved rest. It can't be easy getting all these awesome releases out :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back