UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Titan said:
Jon O Fun said:
Quick question for Andrew (also posted on the kickstarter page) I received my Collector's edition of Patema this morning and there was no bonus art card or kickstarter exclusive numbered postcard. I had to go back and double check they were supposed to be included with the edition I backed and they definitely were. So the question is have a been sent a retail copy by mistake or are you sending those extras separately? :)

PS. It's very pretty and shiny so good job :) If it has one bad point tho it's the blank spine of the rigid case :p the case will last for years, the slip cover not so much haha

Also received the Patema Inverted CE today, no artcard or exclusive numbered postcard with my copy either.

Hi folks,

Answered this on the Kickstarter but we're sending them separately as this time I want to number them corresponding to people's backing on the KS.

Best,

AP

The Ultimate Edition looks nice. I just have to ask though, will the title be on the spine? The image you showed off a while ago doesn't and it's impossible to tell on these pictures.

Anime Limited It won't be :)

HOW IS THAT A GOOD THING?!

(*calms down*)

Well I guess I'm going to have to live with a unknown title on my shelf. I assume the title will still be on the top part of the artbox because that seems to be the only part that's consistent with the other two Ultimate sets.

NormanicGrav said:
The Ultimate Edition looks nice. I just have to ask though, will the title be on the spine? The image you showed off a while ago doesn't and it's impossible to tell on these pictures.

(*calms down*)

Well I guess I'm going to have to live with a unknown title on my shelf. I assume the title will still be on the top part of the artbox because that seems to be the only part that's consistent with the other two Ultimate sets.
Have to agree with you on this one, seems ridiculous to have a blank spin with no title on a DVD/BD that doesn't have a slip cover to make up for it :/ I still kind of want it, but may just drop down to the standard BD.

Buzzkillington said:
NormanicGrav said:

(*calms down*)

Have to agree with you on this one, seems ridiculous to have a blank spin with no title on a DVD/BD that doesn't have a slip cover to make up for it :/ I still kind of want it, but may just drop down to the standard BD.

Well before folks lynch me - it is on the Digipack and book - so you can actually just turn your case to face outwards if the logo is an issue and view it that way for starters :). The logo in this case went on top to help keep the box clean - sorry if it messes with folks layouts though and will aim for consistency going forwards :).

Yours apologetically,

Andrew

Anyone else find the subtitles on Space Dandy a bit difficult to read sometimes?
They're like Funimation's older releases in the way that the subtitles are a decent size, but have a pretty thin black border around the text. I note that this is the French authoring house this time around so I'm assuming most of the @anime releases are this way.
Being authored by a French company I'm pretty surprised there's also an oversight with the French subtitles for episode 4 - the entire track other than the first line appears in the top left corner of the sceen.

Does anyone know how the Patema CE was delivered? Royal Mail or other? I'm out of the country at the moment and not sure if it will be there when I get back or not.

antonusklesk said:
Does anyone know how the Patema CE was delivered? Royal Mail or other? I'm out of the country at the moment and not sure if it will be there when I get back or not.
I'm not sure who delivered it but my housemate had to sign for it.

antonusklesk said:

My copy was delivered by TNT.

Hopefully it's not cheeky of me to ask, but is there any chance of a UK release for the Gravestone of Jigen Daisuke film? I know Discotek's release isn't even out yet, but I'd hold off picking theirs up if AL has any ambitions in that region.

When you do the cowboy ultimate, could you use the american blu ray masters? Also the artbook and sketch book would be nice too. That said, I don't think RRP should be more than £100.

black1blade said:
When you do the cowboy ultimate, could you use the american blu ray masters? Also the artbook and sketch book would be nice too. That said, I don't think RRP should be more than £100.

Yet to see the American masters, although I'll see them in January so shall ponder then ;).

Artbook & Sketchbook are totally viable too so watch this space but I'd like to do more than just imitate someone else's work there really - that doesn't add any real value to our own release y'know :)? So depends what added value we can offer :).

Best,

AP

Professor Irony said:
Hopefully it's not cheeky of me to ask, but is there any chance of a UK release for the Gravestone of Jigen Daisuke film? I know Discotek's release isn't even out yet, but I'd hold off picking theirs up if AL has any ambitions in that region.

I'm looking into it - length makes it a challenge as the TV series didn't sell super well in the UK. But I do really love the style & world it portrays...

Andrew

I wonder what Anime Limited's plans are for New Years Day (I remember reading about it on the December blog update).

I guess those "mystery discount vouchers" - which are offered to everyone who purchase a set during deals of Christmas promotion - will be sent out when people are back in the office next week.

Emo185 said:
I wonder what Anime Limited's plans are for New Years Day (I remember reading about it on the December blog update).

I guess those "mystery discount vouchers" - which are offered to everyone who purchase a set during deals of Christmas promotion - will be sent out when people are back in the office next week.

Nope. Got mine.

Just checked and I got a 25% off voucher. Thanks. Anyone know if preorders count, and when (or if) Blood Lad will be on their store?

Back