UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Agent-347 said:
The above reminds me of my hope to see the sales charts return, but there haven't been any in 14 months. #sadface
Albeit I do understand you're overworked already. It just sucks when you - I mean me - love data like about the general and categorized sales we got until October 2013.

I'll bring it back at some point - just there's no point in the data without a context and I've lacked time to contextualise monthly. Will definitely do one for the end of year though :).

Agent-347 said:
Following your suggestion I did mail Kerry on Tuesday, but I haven't had a reply as of yet. Hope to see one before the winter break at least indicating what's the sitch.

RE:slipcover - Well, I assume you'll let us all know on here too if something's getting arranged.

Keep in mind that we've been busy hunting down missing copies for people courtesy of TNT and Sony as well as handling items delivered in quite frankly mad circumstances just now there on top of planning Q1-Q2 2015 here so it's not that you're being ignored, just there's only so many hours in the day and a lot of things to be cleared :). I'll take a look in tomorrow on it though as I'm certain Paypal backers were included :).

Re slipcover - if there is a solution I'll get back to folks - right now I'm looking over what the options are :). Kind of the word of the day there!

AP,
Working patently after 22:00...

Hi Andrew,
Can I ask for future "Ultimate releases" like Escaflowne, assuming it's still going to be one.

Can the disc trays have push down releases in the middle like the regular ones do?

Can the digipack be made of sturdier card to prevent the trays coming off?

Thank you.

SnowWolf said:
Hi Andrew,
Can I ask for future "Ultimate releases" like Escaflowne, assuming it's still going to be one.

Can the disc trays have push down releases in the middle like the regular ones do?

Thank you.

Ha yeah I really don't like the way you have to take the discs out of the Lagann and Patema Ultimate Edition digipaks. I guess it's something that comes with the larger size? Or I guess it's mainly to stop discs coming out while in transit etc...problem is I can't take the discs out...like at all! And when I try I feel like I'll bend the digipak.

I have to agree, I struggled with getting the discs out of the Patema trays - that 'slide down' mechanism is a tad confusing and always feels like you might damage the discs or case by accident.

Did anyone pre-order the Patema UE from the store? I pre-ordered months and months ago, when it was £40, but the Paypal transaction expired and I'm still waiting for another payment request. Five days after general release now. And the UE has disappeared from the store.

I've contacted Andrew to no avail, so I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Did anyone pre-order the Patema UE from the store? I pre-ordered months and months ago, when it was £40, but the Paypal transaction expired and I'm still waiting for another payment request. Five days after general release now. And the UE has disappeared from the store.

I've contacted Andrew to no avail, so I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

Clearly I missed this one! Re-email me today at andrew at alltheanime.com and I'll get that sorted! Should be able to send a re-auth request and UPS it to you today or Monday latest.

AP

SnowWolf said:
Hi Andrew,

Thank you.

I'm actually moving away from Digipacks for that size of product now - it's clear whatever you do barring a real extreme job - there's no way to secure it. Doesn't mean book size will shrink but I need to find a way to store solid cases inside so watch this space as I wrack my brain over it pre-Escaflowne ;).

Andrew

-Danielle- said:
Aaaaaaandrew, please can you this again next December? :D :D :D

Would love to see all of next years releases in it hehe.

Haha - will do one but not all releases will fit in it next year!

AP

anime_andrew said:
SnowWolf said:
Hi Andrew,

Thank you.

I'm actually moving away from Digipacks for that size of product now - it's clear whatever you do barring a real extreme job - there's no way to secure it. Doesn't mean book size will shrink but I need to find a way to store solid cases inside so watch this space as I wrack my brain over it pre-Escaflowne ;).

Andrew
Have you thought of doing something along the lines of what NISA do for their limited editions?

mangaman74 said:
Have you thought of doing something along the lines of what NISA do for their limited editions?

Yes and no - the A4 size isn't that great for books, it costs more and actually does prove a real issue on most DVD shelves -ours is basically designed at being on the far reaches as is but not over it too far. I'm also not a huge fan of the thinpack cases used in their ones. Love the box construction and such though so some of the elements they use are being kept in mind :).

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
SnowWolf said:
Hi Andrew,

Thank you.

Andrew

Sounds cool to me.

Hey Andrew,

Is AL sharing the cost of the Escaflowme authoring with Funimation or Madman?

SnowWolf said:
Sounds cool to me.

Hey Andrew,

Is AL sharing the cost of the Escaflowme authoring with Funimation or Madman?

Not at present - but if Madman do want to do the title we often do share projects with them :).

Andrew

Did you ever have any luck with the Kill La Kill OST discs Andrew? I've been listening to the second one (The one that comes with Aniplex's third LE) and you're right, it's much better than the first.
It'd definitely make a nice bonus if you could get that one out at least.

Mangaranga said:
Did you ever have any luck with the Kill La Kill OST discs Andrew? I've been listening to the second one (The one that comes with Aniplex's third LE) and you're right, it's much better than the first.
It'd definitely make a nice bonus if you could get that one out at least.

In one of those moments where I am more open than probably should be - no progress on that frontier despite loving the second OST dearly. Basically we're locked out of most of the "extras" used there for no discerning reason barring corporate policy. We even had something refused recently despite being in our contract, so we're thinking it's an honest mistake but gives you an idea the extremes of lock-out that are being gone to...

AP

lelouchnarukami said:
The one question I've been eager to ask - I didn't see Fate/kaleid mentioned in the Neo article, do you have any update on that?

Yes! Was just thinking about this too - interested to hear what sort of release it'll look like, plus also how the UK dub fares (I'm guessing they're getting all the usual Fate actors back for it)

Quick question for Andrew (also posted on the kickstarter page) I received my Collector's edition of Patema this morning and there was no bonus art card or kickstarter exclusive numbered postcard. I had to go back and double check they were supposed to be included with the edition I backed and they definitely were. So the question is have a been sent a retail copy by mistake or are you sending those extras separately? :)

PS. It's very pretty and shiny so good job :) If it has one bad point tho it's the blank spine of the rigid case :p the case will last for years, the slip cover not so much haha

Jon O Fun said:
Quick question for Andrew (also posted on the kickstarter page) I received my Collector's edition of Patema this morning and there was no bonus art card or kickstarter exclusive numbered postcard. I had to go back and double check they were supposed to be included with the edition I backed and they definitely were. So the question is have a been sent a retail copy by mistake or are you sending those extras separately? :)

PS. It's very pretty and shiny so good job :) If it has one bad point tho it's the blank spine of the rigid case :p the case will last for years, the slip cover not so much haha

Also received the Patema Inverted CE today, no artcard or exclusive numbered postcard with my copy either.

Back