UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

DragonBlaze67 said:
Has anybody's Outlaw Star DVD set from the DOTD deal on sunday been posted out yet? Mine still says unfulfilled which is odd considering the Tiger & Bunny set was sent out yesterday and received today after buying it yesterday morning.

Hey DragonBlaze - sorry everyone was out of the office on Tuesday and we'd been awaiting fresh stock of Outlaw Star from our warehouse alas! That's all gone out today via Royal Mail in one epic catch up (you should have had an email this evening :)).

Best,

AP

windcott said:
is nerima daikon brothers still happening ? can't see it on amazon

Still is - extras are the du jour issue - I'm trying to retrieve them as we speak. Video has been done up on our version too - looks a lot cleaner than the current DVDs in circulation I'm pleased to say!

Expect it latest of Q2 next year :).

AP

anime_andrew said:
windcott said:

Still is - extras are the du jour issue - I'm trying to retrieve them as we speak. Video has been done up on our version too - looks a lot cleaner than the current DVDs in circulation I'm pleased to say!

AP
This makes me happy. Like most people on here I'm all for the blu ray but it's good to see older titles that don't (currently) have a blu ray release get the DVD treatment. Some titles I'd love to see get a release here are:
GTO! (seriously how has this never had a UK release)
Excel Saga
My Wife Is A Mermaid
Golden Boy
Tenchi (anything, although I'm guessing this falls in the Raildex blackhole as it's universal/geneon)

Oldies but goodies, no bells and whistles required. Just the same kinda treatment Outlaw Star got :p

Jon O Fun said:
anime_andrew said:
windcott said:

AP
This makes me happy. Like most people on here I'm all for the blu ray but it's good to see older titles that don't (currently) have a blu ray release get the DVD treatment. Some titles I'd love to see get a release here are:
GTO! (seriously how has this never had a UK release)
Excel Saga
My Wife Is A Mermaid
Golden Boy
Tenchi (anything, although I'm guessing this falls in the Raildex blackhole as it's universal/geneon)

Oldies but goodies, no bells and whistles required. Just the same kinda treatment Outlaw Star got :p

I've always hoped, somehow, anime limited could get higurashi, kannon, air, clannad (bd license like the baccano BD, maybe some kind of deluxe key box set ?) and nichijou. tbh i wish they could release everything :p

anime_andrew said:
windcott said:

AP

Also, considering you are doing Nerima Daikon Brothers - any chance you could grab Shinichi Watanabe's other main show, which would of course be Excel Saga?

Lutga said:
anime_andrew said:
windcott said:

AP

Also, considering you are doing Nerima Daikon Brothers - any chance you could grab Shinichi Watanabe's other main show, which would of course be Excel Saga?

Looking into it now actually :)!

AP

anime_andrew said:
Looking into it now actually :)!

AP

Amazing - that would be an instant-buy from me. I was watching the old ADV discs the other day actually and the visual style struck me straight away as the kind of thing I could see you guys putting out.

Just received my copy of Patema Inverted's Ultimate Edition and I love it! It was a nice surprise, because I surely wasn't expecting it this early (I didn't receive any notice it had been shipped, and since I wasn't a backer, I pre-ordered it from the site, I thought it would only be released next week), so between this and receiving Kill la Kill yesterday, it's been a good Anime Limited week :p

Also, I dunno if it has been posted, but a small note to Patema, though. It doesn't bother me in the least, but since I believe it's not supposed to be that way, I'll just go ahead and notice that on the back, on the technical specs part, instead of "Runtime", it says "Durée du film". Again, nothing that bothers me, but since, from everything I've seen, it's the kind of thing Andrew doesn't like going unnoticed, I thought it was better to put it here :)

Just got my copy of Garden of Words, my first purchase from the Anime Limited store (and first title from them)! I've been looking at your stuff for awhile but never had the extra funds for it, but after seeing Garden of Words on Blu-ray for £11 I had to snap it up. Will probably be the first of many titles I buy due to you having so many of the shows I really like. I think my wallet might sob next year. :p

Impressed with the cover and the fact it's reversible as while I do appreciate all the information on the back I'm happier with a cleaner cover for display. Really happy with the service from the store too especially when the team are no doubt snowed under with 12 days of christmas sales! Had Giovanni's Island, the ultimate edition, on pre-order with Amazon for awhile now (for £35 who could say no?), and looking forward to it even more than previously now. Keep up the good work Andrew. :D

I have got a question though. Is there any news on Terror of Resonance that you can share, like a rough release date. I'd also be interested in knowing if you're planning on doing any collectors/ultimate editions of the release as I'd happily jump on that, although I appreciate it's probably far too early to comment. Terror was my favourite show this year and I keep rewatching it xD

I have everything crossed for a Space Dandy-esque collectors edition of Zankyou no Terror. I really like the vertical box and clean artwork, clear amaray cases used in the SD release, despite my not picking it up (not too sure I like the series enough to justify it).

Kind of annoyed that my copy of Space Dandy still hasn't turned up from Zavvi - hard to know if they've even posted it or not too as I've not had a confirmation email for dispatch.

Lutga said:
Kind of annoyed that my copy of Space Dandy still hasn't turned up from Zavvi - hard to know if they've even posted it or not too as I've not had a confirmation email for dispatch.

That's pretty weird as I'm certain they have stock - or if not there's more than enough in our warehouse to fulfil them....@_@. Hope it resolves soon!

Andrew

Lutga said:

Odd. Mine came from Zavvi today. Post is arriving at weird times throughout the day due to Xmas (I received a package the other day at 5pm! It wasn't even special delivery, just an Amazon package. I already had one special & royal mail one during said day too) so it could turn up sometime today, hopefully.

anime_andrew said:
Lutga said:

That's pretty weird as I'm certain they have stock - or if not there's more than enough in our warehouse to fulfil them....@_@. Hope it resolves soon!

Andrew

Thanks - maybe it's just slow, I've tried chasing them up on Twitter but they don't seem to reply much. Maybe it will come today (fingers crossed!)

Lutga said:
anime_andrew said:
Lutga said:

Andrew

Thanks - maybe it's just slow, I've tried chasing them up on Twitter but they don't seem to reply much. Maybe it will come today (fingers crossed!)

Have you spoke to https://twitter.com/zavvihelp ? They've been real helpful in the past. They just need your order number to look into it.

Back