UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

First I've heard of "extended" versions of the episodes. Must.. Know.. Moar... Extended from what was in the Netflix broadcast? Or does the madman release cut out scenes from the Netflix broadcast? I wonder if the extended eps are on the JP Blu-ray releases I imported, but which are not English friendly?

I do know the first two episodes of the Netflix broadcasts, and a couple other eps further in, left out the OP or ED or both, mainly for emotional impact. I really wouldn't want them added back in. I guess I ought to open my Madman set and watch it, to see what they did to the episodes compared to the Netflix broadcast.
I'm pretty sure Madman uses the Netflix/broadcast version rather than the extended JP home video versions since the dub fits that version. The Madman one doesn't cut anything out; just no extra content. As for OP/ED, Madman's release doesn't edit that in or something.

Ok, so then I just need to watch my JP Violetto box sets to see the extended versions. Just no English subs on the discs. If AL uses the extended versions on their release, that would be awesome.

Sneak announcing it thanks
And will this use amazons subs and formatting? As I won’t buy it full price if so.

Sneak announcing it thanks
And will this use amazons subs and formatting? As I won’t buy it full price if so.
Moan they haven’t announced it, moan when they announce it.

atleast it got a blu-ray release with some form of subs, i'm gonna be sat here for an eternity probably waiting for Happy Sugar Life and Dropkick on My Devil
tenor.gif

Hope no one minds me posting this here since AL has frequently partnered with them- Zavvi has the first wave of Gundam Universe (RX-78-2, Wing, Unicorn) reduced and if you use code MERCH20 this weekend you'll get them for £15 before shipping. Not bad given their UK retail is close to £40.

Still hoping someone licenses Kemurikusa, Dororo and Re:Creators. Some fantastic stuff that could do with a release
I hope someone licenses After the Rain, Banana Fish, Grand Blue Dreaming, Inuyashiki Last Hero, and Killing Bites as well. I need Killing Bites to get a 90s style English dub.

Back