UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Or, maybe releasing a CE Sub-only gives them the room to release an SE with a dub later on and offer a disc replacement scheme for CE customers?
They shouldn't make promises they cant keep. Or create a SE policy for film to stick to it. When E7 didnt get one only films in cinemas and only 2 months later they broke it. And I assume FUNi will do a triple set of all three films like they did with Free's recaps so the SE wouldn't be each film it would be all three together. And they should stream it before the Resurrection release a £60 entry price for R3 is high
Does anyone even notice £20?
Yes. That is very offensive statement really. Yes £20 is a lot of money.

Or, maybe releasing a CE Sub-only gives them the room to release an SE with a dub later on and offer a disc replacement scheme for CE customers?
That would be a more expensive proposition. Either they do it now without a dub and stick with it (which they're doing), or wait and see if FUNi does a dub. If FUNi dubs it, then the UK BD is incomplete. I don't watch dubs, but I know some dub only viewers, so that decision might not be the best in the long run.

That would be a more expensive proposition. Either they do it now without a dub and stick with it (which they're doing), or wait and see if FUNi does a dub. If FUNi dubs it, then the UK BD is incomplete. I don't watch dubs, but I know some dub only viewers, so that decision might not be the best in the long run.
If it gets dubbed down the line, they can pay for access to Funi/Madman's bluray for an SE release over here and add some extra discs to the order for a replacement/upgrade scheme. They've ditched their own disc in favour of a Funi disc for the SE of a movie previously.

Blimey that took a while to get through. I generally only care about the anime (you know the stuff on the disc), not the disc (as long as it is watchable and the audio is synced properly), or the box or any tat that comes with it. The books can be interesting, but generally only get read (or even just looked through) once.
So basically I'm perfectly fine with streaming and generally only buy if not available or I really like it (or it's cheap).
Back to what kicked this off I already have the show and movie and the first OST CD, so no dice for me (I also lack space and money!)

As an aside, is anyone else worried about the urban myth regarding what will happen if this thread manages to reach 666 pages before Halloween officially ends? I heard so many conflicting reports. There's one rumour that it will create a 'Upside-down Jeremy' who will use the forum to continuously hurl abuse and negativity right back at us until we all go insane, while another states that if we look into the reflection of an Anime Limited disk during a full-moon, Andrew himself will appear and claim our souls. Whatever the case, I'm getting a little nervous.

Last edited:
As an aside, is anyone else worried about the urban myth regarding what will happen if this thread manages to reaches 666 pages before Halloween officially ends? I heard so many conflicting reports. There's one rumour that it will create a 'Upside-down Jeremy' who will use the forum to continuously hurl abuse and negativity right back at us until we all go insane, while another states that if we look into the reflection of an Anime Limited disk during a full-moon, Andrew himself will appear and claim our souls. Whatever the case, I'm getting a little nervous.
Perhaps even more chilling, is that I hear during the witching hour, there will be an exclusive £6.66 Early Bird sale for... The Life of Budori Gusuko!!!

Perhaps even more chilling, is that I hear during the witching hour, there will be an exclusive £6.66 Early Bird sale for... The Life of Budori Gusuko!!!

The horrifying reality is that I suspect I'd actually like that film. I mean Night of the Galactic Railroad is one of my all-time favourite films. How bad could it actually be? * cue ominous piano music*

My wishes for the Perfect Blue UE would be a translation of Satoshi Kon's record of Perfect Blue's production/release, the 116 min Perfect Blue 'lecture' and audio commentary by Kon that are on the Japanese release (unlikely, I think there are rights issues for some reason), and some critical extras such as a Jasper Sharp commentary or getting Tony Zhou to extend the excellent video essay on Kon he did for Every Frame a Painting (or just doing one on Perfect Blue).

Storyboards don't add much value for me personally, though I am looking forward to the new transfer a lot - I've always thought it needed one. I hope it gets a perfect encode - hit up David Mackenzie so there's no room for doubt!

I always say mp3dom, but he's Italian so it might be hard to work out, but Justin Sevakis and David Mackenzie are Americans, and are much easier to get in contact with.

David told me he wants to do more anime, so let's do it!

I made it easier for you @anime_andrew so here's his website.

Oh, and @Yami Tony worked with Criterion on their release of Night of the Living Dead, so it seems he's open to working on extras for film releases.

Tony also contributed to Criterion's excellent releases of Juzo Itami's Tampopo and Michael Curtiz's The Breaking Point.

David's easy to get in contact with, and just an all-round good guy who responds to most queries about his work and encoding in general. Compare and contrast his work on Mulholland Drive with Criterion's for full evidence of his skill

In one of the few people on here that would actually have a use for the record case. Indeed I used to have one but got rid as they do take up quite a bit of room. Also if you're putting it in a record box then maybe vinyl would have been more logical for the soundtrack? I suppose CDs are more accessible.

Either way it certainly looks cool enough but it's too rich for my blood.

I always say mp3dom, but he's Italian so it might be hard to work out, but Justin Sevakis and David Mackenzie are Americans, and are much easier to get in contact with.

David told me he wants to do more anime, so let's do it!

I made it easier for you @anime_andrew so here's his website.

Oh, and @Yami Tony worked with Criterion on their release of Night of the Living Dead, so it seems he's open to working on extras for film releases.
David is Scottish, but he moved to the States. I'm kind of interested what his brother Michael would think of Perfect Blue, since it has a lot of giallo traits. Maybe they should hire Michael to do a bonus feature.

Compare and contrast his work on Mulholland Drive with Criterion's for full evidence of his skill
Comparison
(He did the Studio Canal 4K Restoration BD)

David is Scottish, but he moved to the States. I'm kind of interested what his brother Michael would think of Perfect Blue, since it has a lot of giallo traits. Maybe they should hire Michael to do a bonus feature.
I never knew that... where did you hear or read that?

As an aside, is anyone else worried about the urban myth regarding what will happen if this thread manages to reach 666 pages before Halloween officially ends? I heard so many conflicting reports. There's one rumour that it will create a 'Upside-down Jeremy' who will use the forum to continuously hurl abuse and negativity right back at us until we all go insane, while another states that if we look into the reflection of an Anime Limited disk during a full-moon, Andrew himself will appear and claim our souls. Whatever the case, I'm getting a little nervous.
I would gladly offer Andrew my soul if he just whole ham hands me the perfect blue release before it's priced. If you think this is the bebop problem with value think again, I'm an atheist and I work in a soul crushing factory. Andrew doesn't know how bad a deal he'd be getting

Back