UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The German edtion by Universum does but unfortunalty without the 5.1 audio mix, wich make those "movies versions" of the episodes quitte useless.
If @anime LTD include them as well, I really hope they include that 5.1 audio, if not, no point including them since the content is exactly the same as the stand alone episodes (without the Op/ED).

The German edtion by Universum does but unfortunalty without the 5.1 audio mix, wich make those "movies versions" of the episodes quitte useless.
If @anime LTD include them as well, I really hope they include that 5.1 audio, if not, no point including them since the content is exactly the same as the stand alone episodes (without the Op/ED).
That was pretty dumb of them.

Movie 1 is 75 minutes, whereas the episodes individually with OPs and EDs are 73 minutes. So, by cutting out the EDs for each episodes- instead replaced with a theatrical style scrolling credits sequence, time is saved, and because it's longer, it proves that there's new footage. What it adds, I have no idea.

I think a "movie" version is always a good option. Sure, you loose the OP/ED in each episode (well, you see each once), but it makes for a smoother experience than having to skip the ED each time and the preview, and maybe skip the OP. (I didn't like the OP for VE so it's not a big deal for me)

Plus, the addition of 5.1 surround is awesome. Few anime are native in 5.1- there quite a lot of classics that get surround remixes, but were either mono or stereo to begin with. A newer trend is to simply add in an extra channel or two. 2.1 or 3.1 surround, or hell, even 4.1 is now happening more. Psycho Pass' Japanese and Italian BDs have a DTS 2.1 mix, JoJo is 2.1 starting with Stardust Crusaders, and the (pretty bad) Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake- Die Neue These- is in 4.1 so there is more than ever, but it's still limited to higher end series. Films are pretty much always in 5.1 but sometimes compilation films are still in stereo (Overlord is an example), but some compilation films are native 5.1 like Attack on Titan- which has a reference quality surround mix. Dubs are often done in 5.1 but seeing as I hate dubs and don't watch them, I'm not as familiar, but they take the original stereo audio and simply pan it around to use up more channels for more "directional movement".

This boxset is a real joke.
You're right. I agree. While not a terrible set, it's not remastered discs (so instant no buy from me), nor are the extras appealing besides the artbook. I hope AL doesn't have high expectations for this, as the average consumer probably wouldn't buy it due to the insane price, and because the standard edition is £30 or so.

AL, please hire David Mackenzie for Perfect Blue while you're reading this, and get MIllennium Actress. If not you, then maybe Eureka would get it, but regardless, that needs a western BD, and a well encoded BD of that and PB is a necessity- which David can deliver,

I have been excited about this Bebop release since I saw the photo.

But ouch, I can't afford it's current list price. I bought the FMA one when it was £150. If this can be £200 or less I'll snap it up. I paid £200 inc customs for a Spike cel so I can justify ;) :p

Here's some details

(Site is in Deutsch, but as I believe you are, it should be fine)

The plus side is that it visually is on-par with the JP release
Comparison
I've already read their post and have vol. 1-3. Since I'm not a huge audio guy, it's fine. The only thing that bothers me is that the OVA will come out at a later date.

The movie version does not contain additional scenes however episode 13 does have additional scenes in both movie and episode version.

Last edited:
AL, please hire David Mackenzie for Perfect Blue while you're reading this, and get MIllennium Actress. If not you, then maybe Eureka would get it, but regardless, that needs a western BD, and a well encoded BD of that and PB is a necessity- which David can deliver,

Yes, this. A well encoded release of the 4K restoration Millennium Actress would be a dream. After some theatrical screenings!

Back