UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yeah not a fan of novelty packaging so it's most likely a pass from me. Shame as I was pretty excited by the prospect of a nice Cowboy Bebop release, didn't consider they may go down this kinda route with it though. Oh well, roll on the 25th anniversary I guess...

Also wolfs rain isn’t shelf friendly due to the box it came in. And the book is anything but so AL’s UE are exactly as cumbersome as before. At least this book looks hardback which is better than Wolfs Rain

Well, it's probably a pass from me. I thought we were done with non-shelf friendly UEs.

Ultimates are variable, if we have a cool concept then we run with it but if not we keep it shelf sized :). This one was too special to pass up on though!

Really happy with how the flight case has turned out and to do the packaging like that, I couldn’t resist.

AP

Yeah not a fan of novelty packaging so it's most likely a pass from me. Shame as I was pretty excited by the prospect of a nice Cowboy Bebop release, didn't consider they may go down this kinda route with it though. Oh well, roll on the 25th anniversary I guess...

I’d point out it’s not novelty packaging, it’s a fully functional and strong flight case for vinyl LPs :). Was inspired by the 5.1 edition in Japan which was a cake box with different media types inside in part. Totally get it’s not for everyone but it’s what I wanted to make :).

AP

If AL discs havent changed I wont be buying it as its stupid for me to spend £125 on discs I already own

What is there really to change though since we fixed the glitches from launch :)?

Totally get it’s not for everyone and I’d never say to buy something you own already unless you really want it to display :).

AP

I'm going to be brazen and quote Andrew from 2014 with a hopeful smiley... :)

You guys know me - would I *really* not factor in folks who already own the CE's we sold into the equation? If we did do an Ultimate Edition it would be because I'm trying to unlock as many extras as humanly imaginable beyond what we did already - i.e. the Movie, the soundtracks, more artworks etc - which take years of work! Hypothetically if we did do one, I'd go the distance and create an option that gave the supporters of the CE a chance to upgrade by only paying the difference between the sets.

It's hardly locked in yet but to me Ultimate Edition is just the most complete version we'll ever be able to do of a show :). And I really want to achieve that for Bebop - but it's kind of a notional thing at this stage still while I fight to unlock stuff, it's also certainly not a 2014 release!

Best,

AP

What is there really to change though since we fixed the glitches from launch :)?

Totally get it’s not for everyone and I’d never say to buy something you own already unless you really want it to display :).

AP
I like Bebop but its on my top 5 most overrated anime list so unless it improved my viewing experience and for me space is limited there is no way I can justify it.

Also wolfs rain isn’t shelf friendly due to the box it came in. And the book is anything but so AL’s UE are exactly as cumbersome as before. At least this book looks hardback which is better than Wolfs Rain

Exactly. The only difference between the "Non shelf friendly" Escaflowne and Eureka Seven and Wolfs Rain is Escaflowne has a much nicer box! A box that you can actually put on your shelf if you have the space for it or just remove the CE's and put those on your shelf instead, same as the new more "shelf friendly" UE's. :rolleyes:

I'm going to be brazen and quote Andrew from 2014 with a hopeful smiley... :)

As ever that’s subject to price realities though which is where the hypothetically came in.

I don’t think the price will make sense though as the series discs are the cheapest part and the soundtracks cost so much. I could probably do a version in ltd quantity minus the OSTs or any BDs if that were attractive though but you’d still be looking at just over the £100 mark on EB for that and complex proof of ownership to respect our own sales conditions from Japan I suspect. Would that be actually worthwhile for you is the question?

I do remember and am considering though.

Andrew

Back