The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I may have missed something along the line, and i don't know where exactly. But is Viz re-releasing the Monster Manga? Here's why i ask - i noticed it looks to be in an omnibus style as well. Did i miss something along the way, or has this gone under everyones radars?

Mangaranga said:
Define "Ultimate Edition" here. Are we talking a big fancy package with more stuff compared to the CE's? As I don't think some people would be overly happy about that...
I could have the completely wrong idea here though. When I think Ultimate Edition, I'm thinking of what the TTGL release will be like.

You guys know me - would I *really* not factor in folks who already own the CE's we sold into the equation? If we did do an Ultimate Edition it would be because I'm trying to unlock as many extras as humanly imaginable beyond what we did already - i.e. the Movie, the soundtracks, more artworks etc - which take years of work! Hypothetically if we did do one, I'd go the distance and create an option that gave the supporters of the CE a chance to upgrade by only paying the difference between the sets.

It's hardly locked in yet but to me Ultimate Edition is just the most complete version we'll ever be able to do of a show :). And I really want to achieve that for Bebop - but it's kind of a notional thing at this stage still while I fight to unlock stuff, it's also certainly not a 2014 release!

Mangaranga said:
Andrew, I know I also keep asking this but will Nerima Daikon Brothers be NTSC or PAL? I note that it didn't see an Aussie release so there's no PAL master (and no reason to create one).
I'd only buy a DVD release if it's NTSC (Not sped up)

It'll be NTSC - all our DVDs are.

Best,

AP

anime_andrew said:
You guys know me - would I *really* not factor in folks who already own the CE's we sold into the equation? If we did do an Ultimate Edition it would be because I'm trying to unlock as many extras as humanly imaginable beyond what we did already - i.e. the Movie, the soundtracks, more artworks etc - which take years of work! Hypothetically if we did do one, I'd go the distance and create an option that gave the supporters of the CE a chance to upgrade by only paying the difference between the sets.

It's hardly locked in yet but to me Ultimate Edition is just the most complete version we'll ever be able to do of a show :). And I really want to achieve that for Bebop - but it's kind of a notional thing at this stage still while I fight to unlock stuff, it's also certainly not a 2014 release!

How about waiting to see what kind of extras Funimation over in America can get and see if you can do the same but better. I can honestly wait for whatever epic edition you would have. The Soundtrack is a plus for me too. As for the movie, that would be a tough one because of Sony but could it be possible to only get the Blu-ray rights?

anime_andrew said:
Mangaranga said:
Andrew, I know I also keep asking this but will Nerima Daikon Brothers be NTSC or PAL? I note that it didn't see an Aussie release so there's no PAL master (and no reason to create one).

Best,

AP

Didn't hear about Perfect Blue or Bebop being NTSC, intriguing.

NormanicGrav said:
anime_andrew said:

How about waiting to see what kind of extras Funimation over in America can get and see if you can do the same but better. I can honestly wait for whatever epic edition you would have. The Soundtrack is a plus for me too. As for the movie, that would be a tough one because of Sony but could it be possible to only get the Blu-ray rights?

anime_andrew said:
Mangaranga said:

Best,

AP

Didn't hear about Perfect Blue or Bebop being NTSC, intriguing.

Because everyone wanted to review the Blu-rays, natch :p

reborn said:
Watching Chunibyo 2 on Animax? ADN (French streaming site) has announced that episodes will be delayed worldwide due to leaks by a distributor.

Source
EWAIFCNWEFWAIVREWAIUAFWGREREHREGFEWEHFWEHdHFEFEFWEAFWG£"%2$^%%£%$£%$£^%"£%%£

*Headdesks*

Fun fact: The more they delay a service people were already given, the more people will turn to fansubs.

Joshawott said:
reborn said:
Watching Chunibyo 2 on Animax? ADN (French streaming site) has announced that episodes will be delayed worldwide due to leaks by a distributor.

Source

*Headdesks*

Fun fact: The more they delay a service people were already given, the more people will turn to fansubs.

One would hope the delay is to enable said distributor to tighten security rather than to punish, as after all once it's available elsewhere there's little point in delaying it officially

Joshawott said:
reborn said:

Source

*Headdesks*

What are the odds that it was because of just that that caused the leak in the first place? The inpatients of entitlement.

Mohawk52 said:
What are the odds that it was because of just that that caused the leak in the first place? The inpatients of entitlement.
Even so, the response to delay the worldwide legal stream is far too disproportionate I feel, and all it serves to do is punish those who would support the show legally. Piracy is going to happen, whether anime companies like it or not, because that's the world we live in. Fix the security leaks sure, that absolutely should not have happened. But not at the expense of punishing the audience that supports you.

Ath said:
Mohawk52 said:
Even so, the response to delay the worldwide legal stream is far too disproportionate I feel, and all it serves to do is punish those who would support the show legally. Piracy is going to happen, whether anime companies like it or not, because that's the world we live in. Fix the security leaks sure, that absolutely should not have happened. But not at the expense of punishing the audience that supports you.

It does suck that we the viewer end up getting punished but if you were giving someone a show to put up on their website and it got stolen would you really give them the next episode unless you were happy they sorted out the problems?

What really concerns me is that this keeps happening, you'd think after the first few times security and procedures would be tightened up. In fact I don't see why they even need to upload an episode more than a few hours before it's due to go live, why let it sit on a server that can be hacked when it can be safely offline and uploaded with a little bit of time to double check internally it streams fine. Cut down the window it can be stolen in and you seriously cut down the risks.

Japanese schedules are always done like that, with the time going beyond 24, sometimes up as far as 29:00.

reborn said:

Source

I don't see how that should affect us - animax have been releasing it a day late already.

Dannielle said:
Three new Studio Ghibli UK Blu Rays on the way in April/May!

Pom Poko : http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/P1512-Pom+ ... yb+Blu-Ray
Princess Mononoke: http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/P1513-Prin ... yb+Blu-Ray
The Cat Returns : http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/T1572-The+ ... yb+Blu-Ray

Still no sign of Only Yesterday...

Excellent, especially with the numbering already fixed by now.

Studio Canal are probably waiting for USA to dub Only Yesterday (and probably Ocean Waves).

Also, what's the difference with the Arrietty listing on Amazon?
(Blu-ray) [DVD]
[Blu-ray]
Because they just used the same Blu-ray image, it's annoying me when I search it (and I know a combo pack is out there which is what I'm after).

NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:
Three new Studio Ghibli UK Blu Rays on the way in April/May!

Pom Poko : http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/P1512-Pom+ ... yb+Blu-Ray
Princess Mononoke: http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/P1513-Prin ... yb+Blu-Ray
The Cat Returns : http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/T1572-The+ ... yb+Blu-Ray

Still no sign of Only Yesterday...

Excellent, especially with the numbering already fixed by now.

Studio Canal are probably waiting for USA to dub Only Yesterday (and probably Ocean Waves).

Also, what's the difference with the Arrietty listing on Amazon?
(Blu-ray) [DVD]
[Blu-ray]
Because they just used the same Blu-ray image, it's annoying me when I search it (and I know a combo pack is out there which is what I'm after).

Well remember that Castle of Caglisotro on blu ray has yet to be re-released in America, and they've released several live action sub only films on blu, so I hope we get it, since I feel its one of Ghibli's best.

Maybe that version like the first release of Nausicaa where it just includes the blu ray disc, for those that aren't interested in the combo pack.

LtDiscotek said:
Well remember that Castle of Caglisotro on blu ray has yet to be re-released in America, and they've released several live action sub only films on blu, so I hope we get it, since I feel its one of Ghibli's best.

Maybe that version like the first release of Nausicaa where it just includes the blu ray disc, for those that aren't interested in the combo pack.

Regarding Lupin III: CoC, that's probably Manga Entertainment's fault. If it had to be re-licensed in the US, Funimation could probably pick it up (despite losing the rest of the films to Discotek and licensing Fujiko Mine), or maybe Discotek (because they have the Lupin DVDs).

Mohawk52 said:
Joshawott said:
NormanicGrav said:
ARISE Collector's Edition Volume 2 Import has shown up on Rightstuf, probably Funi's next import set.

Well I guess his sister is rather unusual.
"25:30"?, "26:00"? Wut?

Also, 10pm is considered time for junior high and high school kids? Double wut?
That's "broadcast scheduling time" speak, for 0130-0200. a broadcast day starts at 0600 not 0000
Why not just say 01:30 and 02:00? Seems ridiculous just for the sake of being ridiculous.

Back