The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Ath said:
I also hear the Madman transfers are actually slightly better than the Funi blue bricks. Would someone be able to confirm this? I have the first Funi blue brick and I know the picture is slightly zoomed in for some reason. In any case this is essentially a hybrid release of the two, featuring the transfers from the Aussie release, but packaged and divided up into five sets mirroring the US release and matching the current green bricks and orange bricks.

The only comparison I can find is this (Saga sets - top, Blue Bricks - bottom):

xogn.png

5e95.png

Not a great deal of difference, at least not in this shot, apart from the afore mentioned slight zooming. Also the Madman sets have the Japanese title cards when you watch the Japanese version, something annoyingly missing from the GT sets as I found out when I started watching it a few days ago...

That being said my question on Facebook was whether these sets will have the marathon feature that the blue bricks have. I assume not, which is a shame because it's very handy to just play all the episodes on the disc without have to skip anything.

NormanicGrav said:
I'm curious as to why they mentioned 'gory details'.

No reason - gory is definitely not a clue to this one, just Kerry's choice phrase of the day ;)! I'll post some over the weekend to whet people's appetites / remind them what we hinted already though :).

Yours excitedly,

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
NormanicGrav said:
I'm curious as to why they mentioned 'gory details'.

No reason - gory is definitely not a clue to this one, just Kerry's choice phrase of the day ;)! I'll post some over the weekend to whet people's appetites / remind them what we hinted already though :).

Yours excitedly,

Andrew

Clever tease. Anyway thanks for responding on that, I do have some ideas on what the film might be (via a few pages back in this thread) but I was wondering now that Higurashi was mentioned on Facebook and requested numerous times (US licensors denied the show due to piracy basically but that's going to make it worse) if it would be possible to do a Kickstarter on shows that no one has ever touched if the chosen film was successfully financed? for instance Kyoto Animation's adaptation of Hyouka being a perfect example.

Latest BBFC ratings:
- Bleach: Season 13 Part 1 (12)
- Hakuoki: Season 2 (15)
- Journey to Agartha/Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below (12) ~ delayed addition to the BBFC website, extras are PG.
- K: Complete Series (12)
- Naruto Shippuden: Collection 16 (12)
- Short Peace (15) ~ Note, this film anthology is part of the upcoming PSN Short Peace release.

Journey to Agartha isn't a rerating...it's the first rating! The BBFC have taken a year or so to put it on the website for some reason (it happens occasionally).

Wakfu's English Kickstarter has made it's 200k strechgoal so now if you go in for the $40can (about £25 give or take) Evangelene tier you get both seasons (With Eng/Frech with English subs) on Blu Ray, both volumes of the "Season 3" comic from comixology, a T-shirt, PDF of the first two art books and a Poster.

Also included is the Prequel OVA (Noximilian the Watchmaker, animated by Kick Heart dood Yuasa Masaaki) and Side Story OVA (Ogrest the Legend, Aniamted by Madhouse) whith dubbing should they hit the next strech goal (300k)

TL;DR, a Really good French cartoon that has side story stuff from Japan is getting Blu Rays made of both seasons that will, over all only cost the same as one Cowboy Bebop set.

ConanThe3rd said:
Wakfu's English Kickstarter has made it's 200k strechgoal so now if you go in for the $40can (about £25 give or take) Evangelene tier you get both seasons (With Eng/Frech with English subs) on Blu Ray, both volumes of the "Season 3" comic from comixology, a T-shirt, PDF of the first two art books and a Poster.

Also included is the Prequel OVA (Noximilian the Watchmaker, animated by Kick Heart dood Yuasa Masaaki) and Side Story OVA (Ogrest the Legend, Aniamted by Madhouse) whith dubbing should they hit the next strech goal (300k)

TL;DR, a Really good French cartoon that has side story stuff from Japan is getting Blu Rays made of both seasons that will, over all only cost the same as one Cowboy Bebop set.
Good taste Conan, Wakfu is great fun. I nipped in there and grabbed an Alibert pledge on day one. As you say, now Season 2 is in the bag this is fantastic value. They're apparently not planning on a general release of the BDs afterwards either, just digital distribution of the dubbed episodes.

And just to clarify: The Noximilien and Ogrest OVAs are already to be included and dubbed, as they were the $150k stretch goal. $300k will actually be three all-new OVAs, if they make it.

Them hitting the S2 Goal has bumped hte date up to July (with no promices of that being hte last delay) so there's that but honestly, legal HD Wakfu. I ain't complain'

Interesting, Initial D's latest video game is teasing a film trilogy

Predictable, Aniplex USA announce the Standard & Collector's Edition of Madoka Magica: Rebellion (Import Edition).

RELEASE DATE: 4/8/2014
SRP: $118.98
STORE PRICE: $94.98

DISC SPEC
• Media: Blu-ray Collector's Edition (Import)
• Languages: Japanese
• Video: Color, Widescreen
• Subtitles: Japanese, English (*Audio commentary and bonus contents do not include subtitles)
• Extras: Textless Opening and Ending, Audio Commentary by voice cast
• Episodes: Feature
• Total Run Time: 116 min.
• Rating: 13 up

BONUS CONTENTS
(Included in both Collector's & Standard Edition. Contents are subject to change.)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Commercials
• Textless Opening
• Audio Commentary … and more (*Audio commentary and bonus contents do not include subtitles)

COLLECTOR'S EDITION PACKAGE AND EXCLUSIVE BONUS
• Rigid Box featuring New Artwork
• Digipak featuring New Artwork
• Exclusive BD: “Rebellion Theatrical Release Commemoratory - Understand the Hit Anime Series "Madoka Magica" in 2 Hours!”
• Exclusive Original Soundtrack CD
• Deluxe Booklet

RELEASE DATE: 4/8/2014
SRP: $68.98
STORE PRICE: $54.98

DISC SPEC
• Media: Blu-ray Standard Edition (Import)
• Languages: Japanese
• Video: Color, Widescreen
• Subtitles: Japanese, English (*Audio commentary and bonus contents do not include subtitles)
• Episodes: Feature
• Total Run Time: 116 min.
• Rating: 13 up

BONUS CONTENTS
(Included in both Collector's & Standard Edition. Contents are subject to change.)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Commercials
• ;Textless Opening
• Audio Commentary … and more (*Audio commentary and bonus contents do not include subtitles)

*Bonus materials subject to change.

Today is Predictables Day, Sentai Filmworks will be releasing season 2 of Chunibyo as Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - Heart Throb-

Presumably they chose it because their other title idea "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - Autism has only been this fun once before" didn't make it past marketing or Sensible Software's lawyers.

Thanks to confirmation that Bleach Series 13 - Part 1 is three discs (containing 13 episodes), I've worked out that it will take four three-disc sets to complete the series. Given that the six Series 12 discs contained six to seven episodes on a disc, you'd think they'd just do three three-disc sets with greater episode count.

Well, I guess it's not the end of the world, but since I've brought some singles and some boxes I've been boxing them into sets myself, and with this many discs it's going to be more boxes than I had imagined. Serves me right for going for six-disc cases for nice-ness...

Erm, out of nowhere Funimation have picked up streaming rights for Ben-To.

It was always weird how this one slipped through the cracks. Hope this leads to a belated home video release later on, I liked Ben-To a lot.

Ath said:
Erm, out of nowhere Funimation have picked up streaming rights for Ben-To.

It was always weird how this one slipped through the cracks. Hope this leads to a belated home video release later on, I liked Ben-To a lot.

yasss! that show was stupidly entertaining, would love a home video release.

Back