The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
Mohawk52 said:
Joshawott said:
"25:30"?, "26:00"? Wut?

Also, 10pm is considered time for junior high and high school kids? Double wut?
That's "broadcast scheduling time" speak, for 0130-0200. a broadcast day starts at 0600 not 0000
Why not just say 01:30 and 02:00? Seems ridiculous just for the sake of being ridiculous.
If you say "Every saturday at 01:30" you'll have some people confused or raging whether it's fridaynight (the actual saturday time) or saturdaynight (the sunday time)... Though most of the time it'll be the latter that is meant by the television company/channel. Saying "Saturday at 00:10" when actually talking about sunday is definitely wrong though, "saturday at 24:10" isn't really wrong but still is. It's just a bit odd as there are only 24 hours a day, but it sets the record straight actually.

In fact, I know a real example of this "wrong" usage of time+date locally: On TeenNick Flanders the series O'Grady has premiered recently, and is airing "every saturday and sunday at 00:10".. That while it's actually airing every sunday and monday according to the time+date combination. And I actually forgot about it the second day it was airing on monday because the promo says "saturday and sunday".

And as stated by Mohawk52, a broadcast day starts at 6AM, so everything prior during the night will still act as if it's the day prior to the date it's actually airing at at that moment in time, so in some way it feels way more suitable to treat it as the day prior. (And at least locally ratings at night up to 2AM are noted at 24:xx & 25:xx. And the big commercial channel notes all programs at night via the 24:xx, 25:xx, 26:xx,... system)

Maybe you should ask yourself now, if you're talking about tomorrow on sunday at 00:15 (prior to going to bed), are you talking about tomorrow as in sunday or as in monday? I guess you'll answer "sunday", and that's wrong as well, it's "today" then. Same counts for yesterday at that time.

So my point is: it is not ridiculous (in my opinion), it's a common "mistake" and something that is unfortunate in the current time-system.
Though I must say I can get annoyed by the use of "last/this/next week" by companies (and others). In the weekend I never know whether to expect it in the actual "this week" or in the actual "next week". The same counts for "Soon", companies tend to mean "somewhere in the next 2/3/4/6 months" with it, but others tend to mean "this month", "later today", "later this week" etc. with it...

mangaman74 said:
SnowWolf said:
Discotek Adds Lupin III: Hemingway Papers Special and DearS
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news ... cial-dears
Don't know if you missed it but the ANN article says that they will also be releasing Tenjho Tenge on dvd as well.

Discotek also announced it will release the Tenjho Tenge anime series on DVD on May 27. It will include English and Japanese dialogue with English subtitles.

Will that include the ovas to the series?

mangaman74 said:
Don't know if you missed it but the ANN article says that they will also be releasing Tenjho Tenge on dvd as well.
That license was announced at least a year ago, but they've only just announced the release date for the set.

demonix said:
mangaman74 said:
That license was announced at least a year ago, but they've only just announced the release date for the set.

Indeed I remember that announcement long ago.

Some more Manga/KAZE stuff has popped up on Amazon, only one not previously said on here is the Horizon In The Middle Of Nowhere Season 1 & 2 collection : http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st?key ... eleasedate

Depending on what that Horizon one looks like I might pick it up and sell the single collections along with some other bits on here.

Surprised a complete season 12 for Bleach isn't listed up there yet, unless the push backs of the singles put the complete one back too?

Dannielle said:
Some more Manga/KAZE stuff has popped up on Amazon, only one not previously said on here is the Horizon In The Middle Of Nowhere Season 1 & 2 collection : http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st?key ... eleasedate

Depending on what that Horizon one looks like I might pick it up and sell the single collections along with some other bits on here.

Wait. What is going on in Manga's head right now? A Season 1 & 2 boxset? Is that even allowed?

NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:

Wait. What is going on in Manga's head right now? A Season 1 & 2 boxset? Is that even allowed?

Question as you know more than I do .. was there even a complete set released elsewhere for Steins Gate & K-ON!!? cause I never found one when I looked around the internet..and now this Horizon one has popped up and I don't remember seeing a complete set of both series anywhere either...

Dannielle said:
NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:

Question as you know more than I do .. was there even a complete set released elsewhere for Steins Gate & K-ON!!? cause I never found one when I looked around the internet..and now this Horizon one has popped up and I don't remember seeing a complete set of both series anywhere either...

A complete set of Steins;Gate is possible (BD-Box was released last year and Madman are releasing a complete set).

Dannielle said:

Okay, that's completely unexpected.. I never would've thought to look that one up on Zavvi. SRP is £49.99 for the BD apparantly.

NormanicGrav said:
There isn't one in any other territory as far as I'm aware. Especially not Japan, Australia or USA. Though we had a complete collection for Shiki almost 3 months before Australia as well... It might sometimes come down to the person first asking getting the first bate. I don't really think Manga could in any way be making the same mistake they made with FMA:B last year...

Anyhow, I'm taking complete collections with open arms. Saves me some quid and that makes my wallet happier, if I pick the show up that is. I definitely have other priorities.

Dannielle said:
K-On!! hasn't been announced yet, but is expected in Australia (I asked them about a half year ago and they stated it would take some waiting but would happen eventually as far as I recall their reply).
Steins;Gate complete collection is being released in March by Madman over in Australia. (EDIT: As NormanicGrav said already)

SnowWolf said:
Discotek Adds DearS
Still wishing for DearS to get an UK release, but I'll play the waiting game some time before bugging some companies once again about DearS and others. :p

SnowWolf said:
Discotek Adds Lupin III: Hemingway Papers Special

Slightly surprised to see Discotek pick up Hemingway Papers, as I was under the impression it wasn't particularly noteworthy. With it following on from their release of Liberty Crisis, I'm curious as to whether they intend going through all the specials in sequence or if they're just picking up the first four due to the Dezaki connection.

Professor Irony said:
SnowWolf said:
Discotek Adds Lupin III: Hemingway Papers Special

Slightly surprised to see Discotek pick up Hemingway Papers, as I was under the impression it wasn't particularly noteworthy. With it following on from their release of Liberty Crisis, I'm curious as to whether they intend going through all the specials in sequence or if they're just picking up the first four due to the Dezaki connection.

I'm actually surprised that they just confirmed that they have a Lupin title with a confirmed Blu-ray release, this just pretty much confirms they rescued the license for Cagliostro.

I can see why you would get that impression, but I'm not entirely convinced. Much as I like Discotek, they tend to pick up more marginal titles and I feel like Cagliostro would be punching above their weight. Not saying it definitely isn't Cagliostro, but I could see it being the new Lupin vs. Conan.

Edit: Actually, I forgot Hanabee has 'Case Closed' now. Probably rules that out.

Well well well. What do we have here? We mentioned earlier in the month that we'll be announcing a very special Kickstarter project for a title that is very close to our hearts.

A lot of you have been asking for updates, seeing as it's the end of the month we do have some news for you!

We'll be announcing our Kickstarter and all the gory details on Monday at 18:30 GMT! We'll be dropping some hints over the weekend, let's see how many clever clogs are out there shall we?

Can't wait to share the details with you guys on Monday! Until then, have a fabulous weekend

- Team Anime Limited.

I'm curious as to why they mentioned 'gory details'.

They mentioned it on their Twitter a while back, but Manga have confirmed that their Dragon Ball blue bricks will be based on Madman's masters, so will feature slightly different episode counts and disc breakdowns when compared to the Funi blue bricks:
Season 1: Episodes 1-28 (The Emperor Pilaf and First World Martial Arts Championship sagas)

Season 2: Episodes 29-57 (Red Ribbon Army and General Blue sagas)

Season 3: Episodes 58-83 (Commander Red and Fortune Teller Baba sagas)

Season 4: Episodes 84-122 (Tien Shinhan and King Piccolo sagas)

Season 5: Episodes 123-153 (Piccolo Jnr. saga Parts 1 and 2)

- The first 4 Seasons will each be 4-discs sets, where as Season 5 will be a 6-disc box set.

- The UK box sets will be branded as "Season" sets, not "Collection" or "Saga" sets. This is to follow the same pattern of releases that we have implemented for Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT. The reason for keeping them as "Season" sets is to ensure there no confusion with the box sets in retail. We appreciate that fans of the series wouldn't be confused if presented differently, but we want to make sure that everyone has complete clarity when it comes to the presentation of the box sets.
I also hear the Madman transfers are actually slightly better than the Funi blue bricks. Would someone be able to confirm this? I have the first Funi blue brick and I know the picture is slightly zoomed in for some reason. In any case this is essentially a hybrid release of the two, featuring the transfers from the Aussie release, but packaged and divided up into five sets mirroring the US release and matching the current green bricks and orange bricks.

I doubt that this is of any interest to anyone here but I received the following response from Aniplex in regards to English Subtitles on the new Kara no Kyoukai film BD:

Thank you for your contact and interest toward our products.
The Garden of the Sinners Mirai Fukuin Japanese BD does not contain English subtitle.
we will inform you the further information about English BD from our USA homepage.
We appreciate your kind understanding and support.
Sincerely,
Aniplex

NormanicGrav said:
A complete set of Steins;Gate is possible (BD-Box was released last year and Madman are releasing a complete set).

I'm annoyed I didn't wait for the complete collection now because it was bound to happen at some point. Just didn't imagine it would happen so quickly. Still, I got Siren Visual's complete collection of Tiger and Bunny last year and that was just parts 1 and 2 with a slip cover securing them together. Still a really nice set, but I was expecting a proper box.

SnowWolf said:
NormanicGrav said:

I'm annoyed I didn't wait for the complete collection now because it was bound to happen at some point. Just didn't imagine it would happen so quickly. Still, I got Siren Visual's complete collection of Tiger and Bunny last year and that was just parts 1 and 2 with a slip cover securing them together. Still a really nice set, but I was expecting a proper box.

Odds are it'd be the two single releases in a thin carboard box ala FMA Brotherhood. Probably be cheaper than what you paid for the 2 halves but you also got to watch in on BD that much sooner than waiting for a complete set.

Back