UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Got princess arete today in the post, is this the first time they've printed the info sheet onto the actual box? I actually quite like it, I think it looks nice like that but dont recall any other release from AL doing it this way, im just super glad the spine is nice and clean

It really depends on the materials we have available - if we have lots of great artwork that we want to use, then we'd rather use that on the rigid case and then include all the series/film info on an "onsert" (aka the separate info shoot) so that we can make full use of that artwork and create a gorgeous-looking Collector's Edition.

Where there isn't a whole lot of artwork to work with for the outer packaging (Genius Party and Princess Arete being two recent examples of that), then we'll usually opt to feature all of that information directly on the outer case itself instead.

Tiger & Bunny films, Anthem of the Heart, Eden of the East and Royal Space Force also have the info printed on the back

Slipcovers don't count. They still have clean art boxes underneath.

likewise, and I wish they wouldn't glue them to the backs though, I like just being able to slide the sheet out and put it in the case like most Funi LEs

You can still do that if you remove the glue. I always end up throwing them away though. :eek:

It really depends on the materials we have available - if we have lots of great artwork that we want to use, then we'd rather use that on the rigid case and then include all the series/film info on an "onsert" (aka the separate info shoot) so that we can make full use of that artwork and create a gorgeous-looking Collector's Edition.

Where there isn't a whole lot of artwork to work with for the outer packaging (Genius Party and Princess Arete being two recent examples of that), then we'll usually opt to feature all of that information directly on the outer case itself instead.

that makes sense and interesting to know, but i actually think it was a good move instead of a plain white back, i quite like the feel of the box material as well on this, thanks for the explanation!

The set holds the digipacks in the center using a cardboard inner box. They are easily crushed/damaged meaning that the digipacks move around freely.

Mine was crushed on 1 side on arrival, and there has been a list for replacements since the release of the set. Eventually we're supposed to be getting replacement inner boxes to remedy this.

in other Words mine will probbly arrived destroyed ?

on the other side of the World

hmm Bds

Lupin projects
Big O
golgo 13
Venus Wars
Jin roh
Cowboy Bebop UE ( i Wish)
Speed Racer
record lodes s of War
future boy conen

I know im Forgetting Something I know we will Get Lupin ( in doubt on the older stuff) But the Rest is a mystery to me

Sorry for being a Pain @anime_andrew

Last edited:
Anonymous Noise will be getting an English dub by Sentai Filmworks, may as well mention it here since Anime Limited have the UK rights.

Also worth pointing out that Anime Limited have Aoharu x Machinegun which is nowhere in sight (a standard edition only release would do if you ask me).

Just unsealed & put in the fuse LE bluray I got from an AL Xmas deal and it's in Japanese with French subtitles with no option for English???
Really? It states on the back cover that it has Japanese audio and English subtitles. How weird, might have to check mine for this.

Really? It states on the back cover that it has Japanese audio and English subtitles. It doesn't have an English dub on the disc. How weird

I am referring to subtitles of course.... As in no option for English subtitles. The dvd has both French & English but not the blu ray

I was really fancying watching it too :( only reason I left it so long was I wanted to watch it with my lady but she kept putting it off as it was subtitles only.

Really? It states on the back cover that it has Japanese audio and English subtitles. How weird
It's a French-authored release which starts default with Japanese audio & French subs. English subs are there, you have to go onto 'Audio' and then click either '5.1 or 2.0' to search for English subs.

(for those wondering NIS America released the series in the US as a subtitled only release, hence why there is no English dub).

It's a French-authored release which starts default with Japanese audio & French subs. English subs are there, you have to go onto 'Audio' and then click either '5.1 or 2.0' to search for English subs.

(for those wondering NIS America released the series in the US as a subtitled only release, hence why there is no English dub).
Yeah I just found this out testing my disc. Thank you and @Buzzkillington for the info anyway!

Just unsealed & put in the fuse LE bluray I got from an AL Xmas deal and it's in Japanese with French subtitles with no option for English???
I remember this happening to me. Just checked my copy and if you go to audio menu and select an audio option it will then show you language option.

Edit: Buzz and Grav beat me to it XD

My Bluray has the option for both. Go to Audio, pick 2.0 or 5.1 and then it lets you pick French or English subs.

That's weird. I tried that originally (changed it to 2.0) and had no option but this time i went to 5.1 and it had the option, then 2.0 and it also had the option. Maybe my blu ray player was just being a pest.

Edit: pretty daft way of doing it though AL :p could've just had a subtitle entry or done it on the same tab as audio. Locked subtitles are annoying enough as it is o_O

Double Edit: thanks everyone!

Watched Fusé the other day. I just used the OPTIONS button on the PS4. It gives you the option to cycle through both audio tracks and subtitles.

Handy if you want to check which audio you want without having to go back to the menu, get to the first line by the MC(s), rewind, switch track, listen again, and make your choice.

Watched Fusé the other day. I just used the OPTIONS button on the PS4. It gives you the option to cycle through both audio tracks and subtitles.

Handy if you want to check which audio you want without having to go back to the menu, get to the first line by the MC(s), rewind, switch track, listen again, and make your choice.
This is what I did when I tried my disc, Sony may have dropped the ball not including 4K Blu Ray support with their pro but their menu system for consoles has always been simple and straightforward.

Back