UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Gosh, I’d have loved to have seen Angel’s Egg on the big screen as opposed to a YouTube stream! It’s top of my wish list of films for AL to release; I’m not quite sure why it hasn’t had a release at all here yet. I’ve heard that there might be rights issues in the US but I’m not sure if they’d apply here. Wonder if @anime_andrew has ever looked into it?

I have trepidations about ever watching it again. I want to believe I'll appreciate it as an artistic masterpiece I didn't quite manage to grasp the first time around, but I'm concerned I might actually come away from it thinking it's a load of pretentious old balls. It might be best left as a half-remembered enigma.

I absolutely adore Angel's Egg, I wrote a review for it on another forum where I delved a little into the meanings I had interpreted from it (I'm sure my review was pretentious bollocks, it always is, reviews are dumb) but I guess in the end my take away was although there's lots of takes on what the story was about ultimately it didn't really matter because in the end what the film was about was less important than what it made me feel in the moment. Many will feel bored, others the sensation of their eyes rolling but for me I felt enamoured, entranced and awestruck. At the very least I had come away seeing a beautiful film with a gorgeous soundtrack. I should rewatch Angel's Egg.

EDIT: Man it sucks posting on here on my phone, text is going all over the place.

I absolutely adore Angel's Egg, I wrote a review for it on another forum where I delved a little into the meanings I had interpreted from it (I'm sure my review was pretentious bollocks, it always is, reviews are dumb) but I guess in the end my take away was although there's lots of takes on what the story was about ultimately it didn't really matter because in the end what the film was about was less important than what it made me feel in the moment. Many will feel bored, others the sensation of their eyes rolling but for me I felt enamoured, entranced and awestruck. At the very least I had come away seeing a beautiful film with a gorgeous soundtrack. I should rewatch Angel's Egg.

EDIT: Man it sucks posting on here on my phone, text is going all over the place.
Angel's Egg is also on my watch list, it looks like the kind of film I'd find something to enjoy within it, from clips I've seen.

Oh and yeah my phone is struggling to adjust as well.

I noticed napping princess preorder starts 16th feb, it says Our Price: £34.99 / £24.99, so it should be 24.99 on the 16th? i noticed al does a lot of preorder offers, wondering if thats the preorder offer price of 24.99, need to make sure i got enough on the 16th :s

I noticed napping princess preorder starts 16th feb, it says Our Price: £34.99 / £24.99, so it should be 24.99 on the 16th? i noticed al does a lot of preorder offers, wondering if thats the preorder offer price of 24.99, need to make sure i got enough on the 16th :s
£24.99 is the standard price on AL's webstore for the product. If there's an early bird, it will be less.

Is napping princess any good?
Yeah. I saw it at the cinema last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Kenji Kamiyama's a bit hit-or-miss for me, but Napping Princess is excellent. It's very imaginative and has some interesting twists along the way. The character designs and overall visual style are very appealing, I think.

It's well worth that price. I'll be ordering a copy.

Yeah. I saw it at the cinema last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Kenji Kamiyama's a bit hit-or-miss for me, but Napping Princess is excellent. It's very imaginative and has some interesting twists along the way. The character designs and overall visual style are very appealing, I think.

It's well worth that price. I'll be ordering a copy.

I think I might end up looking into it then.

There, I nipped on Amazon pre-ordered the standard edition (which fits on my shelf) and picked up some noodles while I was at it. I think I want the noodles now though.

Back