UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

What I did was stick a couple of fingers inside the poster and twist so the roll becomes tighter and as I'm twisting pull the poster out.
Yeah this is how I ended up getting them out, damage was already done to one of them unfortunately and the edges are a bit crumpled, luckily if I do decide to frame any of them then it would be the other one so I guess it's not that bad, the other can just live in the poster tube forever...

Erased looks good

Wolfs Rain falls into the pile of: I would like to get rid of all my DVD's to make space but I can't justify replacing it with a big spend at the moment. I'll keep the DVD's.

Not saying the UE is expencive or whatever. Just out of my personal buget when I'm trying to get rid of a lot of stuff

Any updates on Eureka Seven Hi Evolution 1? I’m aware the film has been absolutely savaged but I’m looking forward to the new stuff in the films as a fan of the original, and I’m slightly concerned the wide release post-SLA hasn’t materialised with a month of Q1 left. If it’s gone direct to home I’m more than fine with that, but at the same time I’m worried it’ll get kept until the rest of the film are out, which might mean getting them in 2021 at the earliest (that’s a while!) Also because I am not the sort of bloke who can dash up to Scotland just to catch a film.

Any updates on Eureka Seven Hi Evolution 1? I’m aware the film has been absolutely savaged but I’m looking forward to the new stuff in the films as a fan of the original, and I’m slightly concerned the wide release post-SLA hasn’t materialised with a month of Q1 left. If it’s gone direct to home I’m more than fine with that, but at the same time I’m worried it’ll get kept until the rest of the film are out, which might mean getting them in 2021 at the earliest (that’s a while!) Also because I am not the sort of bloke who can dash up to Scotland just to catch a film.

If it does go straight to home media, it'll likely get a release later this year or early next - it won't get held until all three are available...

Wolf's Rain set looks nice. I don't have the throwaway funds nor the desire to purchase it but I can appreciate the effort! I did enjoy the series but it dragged in places & those damn flashback episodes..... I look forward to the standard edition.

I also watched 2 episodes of Eureka Seven on Netflix & enjoyed it enough that I'll wait for AL to release an affordable version (standard or early bird LE).

To be fair, it's 50 episodes.

I just don't have the money to spare at the moment, I'll re-evaluate in a couple of months but something else might have caught my attention by then.

The Us import is only £38 for both halves but then it's region A locked & I have to watch it on my pc.

Any updates on Eureka Seven Hi Evolution 1? I’m aware the film has been absolutely savaged but I’m looking forward to the new stuff in the films as a fan of the original, and I’m slightly concerned the wide release post-SLA hasn’t materialised with a month of Q1 left. If it’s gone direct to home I’m more than fine with that, but at the same time I’m worried it’ll get kept until the rest of the film are out, which might mean getting them in 2021 at the earliest (that’s a while!)

Fear not, the winner of the unofficial Budori Gusko Award for Excellence in Film award from Scotland Loves Anime will be coming to homevideo within the year. We'll confirm as soon as we can but as per our current policy it won't be until the date is basically in stone pending any minor wobbles :)

Also because I am not the sort of bloke who can dash up to Scotland just to catch a film.

Please look forward to a similar wait for Part 2 then as I don't think it's a spoiler to say you could expect the follow-up at SLA this year too :)! It'll be on a weekend day in both cities though with some seriously awesome other anime films though so I'd strongly recommend giving it a shot - you get to meet a bunch of really cool people from the forums and beyond plus enjoy a really unique event in the anime calendar. In case you (or anyone else wants to come):

Glasgow is October 12th - 14th
Edinburgh is October 19th - 21st for the main weekend

Best,

Andrew

Fear not, the winner of the unofficial Budori Gusko Award for Excellence in Film award from Scotland Loves Anime will be coming to homevideo within the year. We'll confirm as soon as we can but as per our current policy it won't be until the date is basically in stone pending any minor wobbles :)

Please look forward to a similar wait for Part 2 then as I don't think it's a spoiler to say you could expect the follow-up at SLA this year too :)! It'll be on a weekend day in both cities though with some seriously awesome other anime films though so I'd strongly recommend giving it a shot - you get to meet a bunch of really cool people from the forums and beyond plus enjoy a really unique event in the anime calendar. In case you (or anyone else wants to come):

Glasgow is October 12th - 14th
Edinburgh is October 19th - 21st for the main weekend

Best,

Andrew

Cheers for the details Andrew. Given the relative grief the film seems to have caused I’ll be happy to stick with the videos for now, but I’m glad to hear things are continuing with the second one. Also glad that the home release for the first is coming this year!

So will it be skipping cinema release bar SLA due to the "Budori Gusko" type response?

We'll be sticking to the home video release of the film for now, yes, so no wider theatrical plans for the first film (although there's always the possibility of other festival screenings if an opportunity arises).

Back