UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

When will Nerima be up for order? It's still set to be out for May 25th according to your latest newsire but can't find it :(
I also cannot wait for the T&B: The Rising art work to be posted (not that this is a hint or anything ........ ;] )

NormanicGrav said:
Anime Limited have made a blog announcement regarding the 009 Re:Cyborg English cast and...

It makes its home video debut in the UK in June 2015.

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wey! Had it on order since it first went up in 2013! (got it for 20 quid too, hue huee) Be nice to have it in the flesh. Can only image it'll be nice for AL to get it out too, as I'm sure it was their first announcement alllll that time ago.

June's gonna be a heavy month. Kill La Kill, Nadia, Space Dandy, Baccano & now possibly Cyborg, (Thankful that I've already paid for FOZ Season 3) better get in those extra hours at work ..

Nice, just realised i hadn't actually pre-ordered this so jumped on it now.

edit @Dannielle, thankfully Space Dandy is at the end and after payday, so I class it as a "July" release in terms of my finances :) I have A Lull in the Sea planned for tha month :/

NormanicGrav said:
Anime Limited have made a blog announcement regarding the 009 Re:Cyborg English cast and...

It makes its home video debut in the UK in June 2015.

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Man, they announced this so long ago o_O good they're finally getting it out, not sure I'm still interested right enough.

Dannielle said:
When will Nerima be up for order? It's still set to be out for May 25th according to your latest newsire but can't find it :(
I also cannot wait for the T&B: The Rising art work to be posted (not that this is a hint or anything ........ ;] )
The pack shot is up on Base if you've not seen it, well I assume it's final.

@britguy Oh, lucky lucky! I buy Anime with my credit card & it doesn't clear till the first 1-5 days of a new month so it's gonna be caught up in Junes lot for me :( Stupid Anime Limited releasing sexy blu-rays I can't say no to! I forgot about Lull In The Sea, is that the month MVM planned to release it? If so RIP finances.

@Buzzkillington Nice! I haven't. Thanks. Will go look now.

Am I imagining things or did AL say they were going to possibly make a Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition? Tempted to order the collection on Amazon but my mind is telling me an Ultimate Edition is coming sometime.

Cel said:
Am I imagining things or did AL say they were going to possibly make a Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition? Tempted to order the collection on Amazon but my mind is telling me an Ultimate Edition is coming sometime.

I can't say I've heard of them doing so. It seems unlikely they would release a CE way after both the initial volume release and the collection. If they were going to do one, I imagine they would have put it out last October when the Complete Collection was released.

That has been discussed before. They never said that it was a certainty just that if things fell in to place with movie license etc then it was a possibility. Even then it wouldn't be for a few years at least.

I'd double dip on a UE.

I'd personally be perfectly satisfied if AL got the Bebop movie for Blu Ray as a standalone.

Such a great movie... it's aching for the HD treatment. And I'd buy pressed guano if it had the Bebop brand on it.

HdE said:
I'd personally be perfectly satisfied if AL got the Bebop movie for Blu Ray as a standalone.

Such a great movie... it's aching for the HD treatment. And I'd buy pressed guano if it had the Bebop brand on it.

I can agree to that. I was quite disappointed when I found out the US Blu Ray was locked to Region A...

Part of me thinks an ultimate edition of Bebop wouldn't be right just now - it feels too soon after the original BR sets, and I imagine there would be a bit of market fatigue/sense of people being annoyed about having to double dip. It'd sell, what, a few hundred copies tops?

I'm all for fantastic souped-up editions, but think they have to come when the time is right - one of the reasons I'm so excited for Escaflowne is because it's been OOP for yonks and the original print quality on the Beez DVDs is rubbish, so the BRs will be such a step up.

That's kind of where I am on Escaflowne. The Beez set sort of left me thinking I must have missed something, or not enjoyed the experience properly. Those ropey visuals really made the show hard work for me.

Lutga said:
Just had a dispatch email saying my copy of Gundam: The Origin was on its way via UPS.

Me too! So excited, but gotta wait the whole weekend as I don't believe they will be Saturday delivery.

I've had my shipping notification from All The Anime too. I have a day off on Monday so hopefully that's when it will arrive :3

R

Totes jelly of you guys getting hold of the new Gundam! That really does look like a nifty lttle package you're getting.

HdE said:
Totes jelly of you guys getting hold of the new Gundam! That really does look like a nifty lttle package you're getting.
Just think of all the money you saved! Got my email too... Fingers crossed it survives UPS.

Back