UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Never watched Fairy Tail, but I'll go and see it because theatrical anime. Though if a series has a predominently DVD-purchasing market over here I can't see even a one-day screening of its movie being very successful.

The predominantly pirating fans at my anime society almost murdered me when I said I didn't like Fairy Tail. I wouldn't worry too much about it's popularity.

The predominantly pirating fans at my anime society almost murdered me when I said I didn't like Fairy Tail. I wouldn't worry too much about it's popularity.

I'm surprised they are pirating it with how cheap the DVDs that Manga released have fallen. Its like £5 a collection set in HMV.

I'm a fan of fairy tail so I'd definitely go to a cinema run if they did it.

I'm surprised they are pirating it with how cheap the DVDs that Manga released have fallen. Its like £5 a collection set in HMV.

I'm a fan of fairy tail so I'd definitely go to a cinema run if they did it.

I doubt they're rewatching episodes, and they're all far too stupid/ignorant to use Crunchyroll or Funimation...

@anime_andrew For the Overlord CE can you please fix the issue with FUNimation's CE in where the Artcards are separate to the package. This is a big issue for me as where the hell will I put the artcards otherwise.

I'm disappointed, I'd been led to believe that anime collectors (not SE scum such as myself) were an elite group :p. Surely any serious collector of such things has a binder to keep them in, preferably leather! You can use standard polypropylene post card inserts for some art cards but larger ones you'll have to modify your own for.

(this post is a tongue in cheek joke BTW for anyone easily offended... That said if Andrew wishes to cash in on it and make a limited edition folder for art cards I'll happily accept 10% of the profits ;) )

As a big Gundam fan I obviously like getting the LE versions but in general missing artboxes don't mean much to me. Maybe it's a hold over from the days of a show being split into multiple volumes (SEED Destiny is 12 volumes split across awkward folding art boxes) but I see them mostly as just taking precious centimetres of shelf space.

On a related note, is anywhere taking pre orders for the MSG movies yet?

The LE boxes don't bother me that much either. I missed plenty of art boxes back in the vol 1 + box era in the States due to cashflow and while it's mildly annoying, I can deal with it. It's a bit like repackaging for second runs (e.g. Hetalia in the US and Bleach in the UK, where the releases are the same and not clearly marked as being from the first/second print run but you get a different-looking pack if you order too late for the first batch).

While it doesn't always fit in well with real life, preordering is the best way to support the industry and I understand why companies would want to encourage it for series where sales figures are critical (e.g. Gundam). It's a fine line to create something 'missable' but still desirable. Character cards (Seraph) don't really have as much pull as a rigid art box, and at the same time art boxes with single releases take up a lot of space in shops and warehouses which encourages making them limited run items rather than bloating every release with them.

R

Another question whilst you're around @anime_andrew. You recently said Overlord was getting a CE, will there be a SE at the same time? I noticed that the Amazon listing is still £25, is this for a SE, or the LE? Because that sounds really cheap. I get that it's a carry over from when it was a planned SE, but will these orders be cancelled?

Another question whilst you're around @anime_andrew. You recently said Overlord was getting a CE, will there be a SE at the same time? I noticed that the Amazon listing is still £25, is this for a SE, or the LE? Because that sounds really cheap. I get that it's a carry over from when it was a planned SE, but will these orders be cancelled?

I'd like to know this as well as I would certainly pre-order at that price

Regarding my Zeta part 1 order from Al web shop, that's the last message I got from Jeremy on 17 Feb

Your shipment is confirmed
We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. A confirmation email has been sent to .....Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.

After that I have no news, not even a tracking number. Should I start worry?

The A Silent Voice cinema showing website is up.

It's a shame the closest to me this time is about 20 miles away and being 7pm on a work day I won't have time to get there and have time to eat first (friend of mine I go with is diabetic so has to eat at certain times)

Back