UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Getting IBO looks easier than getting Unicorn Re or Ova, not to mention Origin or Thunderbolt.
Personally I don't give a ** about Seed and specifically Seed Destiny. My Beez Dvd collections are more than enough. There is a ton of Gundam shows that need to get released before we start worry anout Seed.

Last edited:
Jeremy put out a random tweet about IBO about a month ago. Entirely possible I'm reading too much into what he does with his free time but I'd like to hope that means some work on IBO is being done. Not my absolute favourite series but definitely up there and as I keep saying I think the concept and themes would really resonate with the target audience right now. It's not yet another 'middle class kid loses his quiet life' Gundam story and goes for something more visceral.

For my personal tastes SEED is just kinda there. I have the Japanese Blu-rays but those came out right before the RS/AL deal when they'd closed down BEI/Beez and said import only subbed discs would be their new model and so I wanted to support it. There probably is a market for SEED over here though. Personally I'm more jazzed for the implications we could be getting G Gundam and Gundam 00 on Blu-ray. Two of my favourite series and I don't think the 00 movie ever got a UK release (the BEI disc is seemingly region free, thankfully).

Anything we've not mentioned is just as the date is still somewhat fluid - but all of those are Q2 titles definitely.

Pigtails, just finished work on the 160 page storyboard book, onto the main booklet.

Best,

AP

Thank you for the response :)
I'm only so particular due to handling the release schedule, got a little bit of OCD here :p

That would be a shame. but it's also my line of thought lol I'm done with Ultimate Editions but these are 2 shows I love, especially Eureka Seven so I'd like a nice set that doesn't come in stupid sized packaging.....

I've never had any love for UEs myself. They're nice, I'll give them that, but unless it fits on a standard DVD shelf, I have 0 interest. Same goes for Sentai's stupid sized LEs.

I had no idea this 6 months/3 months stuff was a thing tbh. I don't really have much interest in SE and I don't want an UE, I want a CE as they are what AL are actually good at :/ Oh we'll, if it's UE then a SE 3-6 months later I'll just do without, or import from elsewhere as why on earth would I wait on a SE?

I wait on SE's mostly. Though AL's early birds do tend to tempt me into CE's if I have the money available then and there. Sure you can get them elsewhere but then you're not supporting the UK industry. Sometimes it's worth waiting a little bit longer or paying a little bit more to ensure the continued existence of a domestic market for it..... as long as you know it's coming in a reasonable length of time lol (I have my limits :p)

Depends on definition of soon - Death Parade took a while to get some of the JP assets we wanted like the delicious book. Eureka Seven I am actually working on now for the book too but it's a LOT of manual work here to compile - so I don't want to list it until I am 1000% ready.

This is what I mean about the Catch-22. Old school Andrew would have risked it, listed these then delayed them. But we're going to get poked or such either way - this is definitely the better way to handle it.

Why no updates on individual shows off forum? Because I have a literally hundreds of products to work out in any given year so poor Jeremy would be here for a while if I had to list every one :).

Hope this helps,

AP
Thank you for the update. Now that I know that you're working on it and it will contain a book (which the US release does not) I think I'll wait for this release. :)

And Space Runaway Ideon, pretty please with icing on top
dENQYYB.jpg
5F92vdY.jpg

ZtwyrMA.jpg
RG3wbK6.jpg

Yftn5Ee.jpg
zBgCsQf.jpg

Sex.

Death Parade and Eureka Seven are both Ultimate Editions only with no collector's available, right?

No - like Terror in Resonance or Gurren Lagann - these will come max separately in standard versions as well 3 months down the line maximum depending on the show and release model :).

Again until I'm ready I'm not going to list them as I am in a constant state of lose / lose here it feels like on a day to day basis now :)! But they're both advancing - Eureka Seven will be first up I'd say too :).

AP

Back