UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I remember hearing something that FUNi cannot allow Baka & Test to have any more blu-rays printed or something like that. Madman cancelled their blu-ray release that was meant to come out soon.

Here is the cancellation notice on Twitter: Madman Entertainment on Twitter (also affected Haganai).
Something else of note if that a few of Madman's Funimation sub-licenses lately have been DVD-only while Funimation are releasing them on BD in the UK (e.g. Blazblue, Ninja Slayer, Noragami Aragoto, Overlord and Shomin Sample)

-- edit --

The only thing I can think of with regards to "cannot allow" more BDs is more that they just won't be printing any more since the series has been re-issued DVD-only on the S.A.V.E line. Haganai OTOH has gone to the Classics line as is still in-print (or at least still in circulation) on BD.

Last edited:
There will be something more normal sized too - Eureka Seven is actually an experiment in a few ways :). More in due course but I did like having a full sized book in FMA and then sets you could put elsewhere in a normal scale so just thinking things through here. That'd address the core issue you have on size.

I am purely free thinking here so to be clear to everyone, one and all, I am not saying it will be this way - I'm just soliciting opinions.

That said - one thing you may see for Eureka Seven on day one (or I am debating) is similar to FMA:
  • Ultimate Edition - £149.99 / £199.99 depending on extras with special on the store as per Escaflowne etc in past so in line with that pricing.
  • Collector's Edition Part 1 (25 eps, same month) - £49.99 SRP with something small inside OR £39.99 for nice packaging perhaps
  • Collector's Edition Part 2 (25 eps, 1-2 months later) - £49.99 SRP with something small inside OR £39.99 for nice packaging perhaps
Or we could do two standard options alongside it but I kind of like the idea of a CE version to complement it. Always open to opinion though :).

There's a reason this is taking time too as I need to consider a lot of factors - but it'll all be clear soon enough :). Either way, it's in progress! None of the assets are well organised on this one so it's a tonne of work...

Best,

AP

@anime_andrew What I'm hoping for more than anything for the Ultimate Edition is a really nice Artbook. Reason being that there just isn't a nice one available anywhere for just pure Illustrations/Character Sketches etc. Lots of Roman Album type guides but nothing that is heavy on the Art. How close do you think the E7 artbook could be to that of the FMA one? I'd be head over heels if you could match it but I'm not sure there are enough art assets available to do that.

I'm still anti-soundtrack since I tend to have already bought them long before a UK edition appears on the scene and I end up with a useless duplicate disc. Including soundtracks where the JP version had bundled exclusive discs too is cool though.

R

It says it does in the description:
In modern day Tokyo, society lives in fear of Ghouls: mysterious creatures who look exactly like humans, yet hunger insatiably for their flesh. None of this matters to Ken Kaneki, a bookish and ordinary young man, until a dark and violent encounter turns him into the first ever Ghoul-human half breed. Trapped between two worlds, Ken must survive the violent conflicts of warring Ghoul factions, while attempting to learn more about Ghoul society, his new found powers, and the fine line between man and monster.

Collected together for the first time in the UK this collection includes the complete season one and season two (Tokyo Ghoul √A) with English dub and the original Japanese track with English subtitles. Also included are both Tokyo Ghoul OVA’s “Jack” and “Pinto” in Japanese with English subtitles.

Extras/Episodes:

Complete series one, 12 episodes

Complete series two (Tokyo Ghoul √A), 12 episodes

Tokyo Ghoul: Jack OVA

Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto OVA

Season 2 was poorly received as well wasn't it? Haven't watched it yet myself so can't comment on it but with a poor reception and sales of Season 2 that usually means no Season 3.

There probably just waiting on the manga for more material can't see why they won't do a season 3 when TG is very popular in japan

Root A ended up in anime original territory, so chances of a new season are dead on zero unless they do an adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul:re and retcon the anime only watchers.

Back