UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Elaniel, have a question regarding Miss Hokusai, did you have troubles removing the slipcover from the wooden box ? Mine seems to be extremely tight around the wooden box but never could get it off, just far enough to get to the digipack so i could watch the movie.

Elaniel, have a question regarding Miss Hokusai, did you have troubles removing the slipcover from the wooden box ? Mine seems to be extremely tight around the wooden box but never could get it off, just far enough to get to the digipack so i could watch the movie.

Hey! Nope, mine slides out beautifully. Although the slipcover was slightly bent at the top as the top of the wood box is thinner than the rest.

Asked about Nerima Daikon Bros. and Andrew did say next month (I was hoping they would have it, but alas... didn't)

Ohh, interesting. It's been up on AOL with a December date for some weeks now but I held off hope as we've heard nothing for months. Be great to see the title finally out, one of the first batch of licenses wasn't it?

Just got back from MCM Birmingham, I had a solid (around 80 minutes plus total) chat with Andrew for multiple occasions (a very interesting discussion overall). My friends had a "da **** is going on" kind of reaction.

I picked up Gundam Reconguista in G, Outlaw Star, Sword Art Online II Part 2, Tatami Galaxy and Vision of Escaflowne.

EDIT:

I guess I'll save Andrew the hassle and mention a few things we spoke about:
  • Attack on Titan Original Soundtrack is currently out of stock for the time being.
  • The Case of Hana & Alice has been pushed back due to an out of sync subtitle error. You'll notice this on the French release but it'll be fixed in the UK version. I think the estimate is currently late January/February.
  • Eden of the East is now estimated for late January due to the movies.
  • Mai Mai Miracle is expected to dispatch sometime next week. The O-card certificate is pretty much the last thing being worked on. The artbook is also being looked at.
  • Nerima Daikon Brothers is currently being rated by the BBFC and is due for December 2016.
  • Selector Infected WIXOSS is currently scheduled for January 2017.

Last edited:
During MCM the card machine at All the Anime's booth was acting odd every now and then - and after checking my current bank statement it seemed to have charged me £40 twice during my purchase for the Tatami Galaxy.

The rest went fine (£90 for Escaflowne, £35 for Gundam Rec in G, £25 for SAO II). Outlaw Star was £40 in cash.

So @anime_andrew if you see this, could you help me out?

tumblr_mv9hz4agrH1r922azo1_500.gif

The Case of Hana & Alice has been pushed back due to an out of sync subtitle error. You'll notice this on the French release but it'll be fixed in the UK version. I think the estimate is currently late January/February.

I think it's a little insulting that titles authored by AL France don't have the English parts QC'ed until just before the French release, as if it's merely an afterthought.

I think it's a little insulting that titles authored by AL France don't have the English parts QC'ed until just before the French release, as if it's merely an afterthought.

We've seen from Kaze what happens when you leave the French side of the business to QC English subtitles. Whilst it would be nice for the subtitles to be fixed before French release, they don't advertise their French releases as having English subtitles, so they haven't exactly misled anyone, and I'm sure we'd all rather AL did it themselves.

We've seen from Kaze what happens when you leave the French side of the business to QC English subtitles. Whilst it would be nice for the subtitles to be fixed before French release, they don't advertise their French releases as having English subtitles, so they haven't exactly misled anyone, and I'm sure we'd all rather AL did it themselves.

But surely all it means is that the standards for acceptability when AL UK QC them are a lot lower as authoring is already completed and replication masters already created?

But surely all it means is that the standards for acceptability when AL UK QC them are a lot lower as authoring is already completed and replication masters already created?

Evidently not, given they're spending time and money to fix Hana and Alice, when they could just **** it out anyway, like most other companies would do...

Back