UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I checked out and compared the Anime Limited Blu Ray of FMA to the Funimation release. Seems the discs are indentical, from menu's right down to the Space Dandy trailer on Disc 1. Not overly surprising.

The video quality between the two is pretty similar also, the only noticable differnce switching between the two on my TV is that the Funimation release contains their usual minor brightness adjustment while the Anime Limited version does not. While I have never fully understood why Funimation do this (US TVs or something? :S) it has never stopped me from enjoying their releases. In fact I may even prefer the look of the Funimation release in this case, though the still I chose did benefit from the slight brightness increase, other scenes may not. Apples and Oranges I guess, though some might like to know that I would assume the Anime Limited release is the closest to the Japanese BD release of the two.

Maybe the series coming in a resin copy of the ship they travel around in :D

Haha, while a giant model of the Gekko would be pretty cool not sure how practical that would be. My main hope is for a giant artbook for the series, Eureka Seven is my second favourite series and I've been pining for a killer artbook for along time. Japan just doesn't have anything that great for the series, which is a shame given the fantastic art I've seen for the show. So yeah my hopes would be for a big artbook and perhaps an artbox in similar design to the Japanese sets

R1mwt2ym.jpg
Full Size

xaD6t6Hm.jpg
Full Size

Last edited:
The video quality between the two is pretty similar also, the only noticable differnce switching between the two on my TV is that the Funimation release contains their usual minor brightness adjustment while the Anime Limited version does not.
Anime Limited literally used Funimation's disc masters, so the two should be identical.

so 2 weeks ago we get told that Mai Mai Miracle is 2 weeks out from being delivered to AL warehouses. Wonder if this is on track?

I remember Christmas 2014 going home to watch the digital download of Mai Mai Miracle but getting interrupted and never going back. Would be nice if I can watch it this Christmas!

just a minor annoyance but is the Soul Binding Transmutation Circle behind disc 2 on the FMA UE upside down or is it just me?

edit - after looking I think the one behind disc 3 is also upside down

Still no word of my Escaflowne replacement shipping despite my damaged set arriving back last Monday.

No sign of the FMA voucher code email either despite sending an email about it on Wednesday as @anime_andrew said to do on Tuesday night.

:(:confused:

Jeremy is out of the office till the 24th, I was told to add URGENT to the Email title and that got me a reply about my code for Your Lie In April which wasn't working.

Picked up earlier at MCM Lucky Star and Miss Hokusai Ultimate Edition from Anime Limited.
Asked about Nerima Daikon Bros. and Andrew did say next month (I was hoping they would have it, but alas... didn't)

Also got Your Lie In April Part 1 and Log Horizon 2:2 from the Manga/Gundam Mad booth as completely walked past YLIA on the AL booth.

Back