UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Evidently not, given they're spending time and money to fix Hana and Alice, when they could just **** it out anyway, like most other companies would do...

Subtitles out of sync for the entire movie is a major issue when there's no English dub. If there was a dub, I'm not sure they'd have bothered fixing it. I don't see why they couldn't have QC'ed subtitle timings before authoring though.

It's a series that the crew loves dearly and was a show that they released well before they did more fancier releases and they probably want to go back and rectify that. Not only that but I'm sure that when Andrew looks at the sales data for the titles that they've released over the years, Bebop is at the upper echelon and is probably still selling at a steady pace. I'd also imagine that Andrew has a tonne of assets at his disposal that he'd love to use. It's a passion project clearly, they know that they can do more for the series and the series being as popular as it is will help reduce opportunity cost.

I'm not going to object to Cowboy Bebop getting a UE, but I remain baffled by AL's strategy, which seems to be to fill their plate, fill another plate, and then take everybody else's plate, now they're struggling to eat everything, and still adding to their plate.

It doesn't make sense, just wait for everything else on your slate to be sorted first.

I mean they are called All the Anime!

Well, at the moment, I would genuinely be amazed if all of their current slate ever got released.

There's at least one title that was announced over a year ago and has never been mentioned since. Now they have bigger, Funimation and Crunchyroll shaped fish to fry, I wouldn't be surprised if titles like Buddy Complex and Castle Town Dandelion never got a release.

Wait did I miss something? When was a Cowboy Bebop UE confirmed? I don't really like the CEs I have tbh and think the show deserved better so I'd maybe buy it (very dependent on price as I'd only be after the movie...). I do remember Andrew saying that there would be a deal for people with the CE but that was a long time ago so unlikely to still stand (re-do Gurren Lagann too please.....that show really deserved better too).

Subtitles out of sync for the entire movie is a major issue when there's no English dub. If there was a dub, I'm not sure they'd have bothered fixing it. I don't see why they couldn't have QC'ed subtitle timings before authoring though.
It's a major issue even if there is an English dub, have no idea how anyone could suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
If there is a Cowboy Bebop UE with the movie, then I too hope that the film will get a standalone at some point soon-ish. I brought the original two CE sets for Bebop and am quite happy with them staying on my shelves as they are, and won't obviously spend a large amount of money for just the film...

Speaking of Shinichiro Watanabe, Genius Party is out next month and it contains some of his very best work - has there been any more news on packaging or extras for that release? It's getting to the point where I'm expecting a delay...

Re: re-releases, the one title I absolutely want to see redone is Perfect Blue. There's much more that can be done with that title with regards to both extras and transfer...perhaps we'll get a Kon collection with Millennium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers down the road

I have the standard release of Cowboy Bebop since the CE was oop before I knew it was released.

If they did a UE I would be very tempted since Bebop truly deserves a better release in my collection. Though it depends on the price since I have no reason to upgrade my set if the price is unreasonable.

I have the standard release of Cowboy Bebop since the CE was oop before I knew it was released.

If they did a UE I would be very tempted since Bebop truly deserves a better release in my collection. Though it depends on the price since I have no reason to upgrade my set if the price is unreasonable.

Maybe it's just me, but my brain automatically corrects UE to Unreasonably-Priced Edition... :p

Back