UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I read somewhere that there was a plan to release Erased as a complete collection, but Aniplex put their foot down and said that future releases have to have the same episode count as the US. Is there any truth to this or did I just imagine it?
Madman maybe as there is no news yet for there release in there Feb slate.

I read somewhere that there was a plan to release Erased as a complete collection, but Aniplex put their foot down and said that future releases have to have the same episode count as the US. Is there any truth to this or did I just imagine it?
At the time the ERASED news first came out, Andrew was asked and said we should assume all future Aniplex releases would be 6-episode sets. Hopefully AoA have seen the negative reaction and been persuaded otherwise. (I doubt it, but I can dream.)

Who would choose cards over an artbook, no matter how small!?! I understand the appeal of including art-cards from the distributors point of view, having a bunch of assets go unused is a waste, and with single cour series getting 7 to 8 volume releases in Japan there's ample cover-art to be used, but cards aren't justification for marked up prices, however art-cards as a pre-order bonus usually works out well, or as a first print bonus.

EDIT: Having pressed reply and actually thinking about it for 5 seconds, I'd actually rather have neither and have a lower price!

I'm really glad basically everyone is backing my point up here I have to say :). Re price - the minute you do rigid packaging that cost goes up as the production price rapidly increases sadly, no other way to handle it sadly!

Also in the case of ERASED - it's an AoA title so price being lower alas isn't an option!

That's rather hard when AL has most of the UK licences and have sparse Standard Edition releases. For a lot of shows it's LE or nothing.

We're sidling in a new policy on that going forwards :). Stay tuned! Won't mean there's a standard immediately but there will be a reliable time-frame.

Best,

AP

We're sidling in a new policy on that going forwards :). Stay tuned! Won't mean there's a standard immediately but there will be a reliable time-frame.

Best,

AP

And what about titles that only had standard edition blu-rays for the first season but you're distributing an LE for the second season? Should people that bought the UK release of the first season just wait indefinitely until a standard edition finally sees a release? That's a bit unfair to people.

Best,

AP

That's actually great news, I like a good box of goodies as much as the next guy, but there are a lot of times where I want the show/film but not necessarily enough to pay £40-£50 for them. I have no problem waiting a few months to get the them cheaper in a plain blu-ray case.

And what about titles that only had standard edition blu-rays for the first season but you're distributing an LE for the second season? Should people that bought the UK release of the first season just wait indefinitely until a standard edition finally sees a release? That's a bit unfair to people.

Where we can, we'll leave space for the first season of shows in those LEs of course - if not we'll figure it out :).

AP

Regarding art cards, the Reconguista ones are really nice. The Japanese release had fun, vibrant covers so it's nice to see them documented in the UK release.

My Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition turned up today! Just wanted to say a job well done to the Anime Limited team as it's a wonderful set and well worth the money I paid. :)

The set arrived well packaged and honestly, unless Royal Mail starts throwing them about, I'd hope that everyone else gets their set in a similar condition. I was pleased to see that the gate matches up a lot better than in some of the pictures too, I mean it wouldn't have been a massive deal to me if it were a bit mismatched (I'm sure it wasn't perfect in the anime..) but it's nice nonetheless. Only had a chance to quickly flip through the artbook as I'm about to go away for the weekend, but I love what I've seen so far and it's nice to have such a hefty book for a series I love so much.

You guys weren't joking about the weight though! Carrying it back from the building management was torture! xD

My Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition turned up today! Just wanted to say a job well done to the Anime Limited team as it's a wonderful set and well worth the money I paid. :)

The set arrived well packaged and honestly, unless Royal Mail starts throwing them about, I'd hope that everyone else gets their set in a similar condition. I was pleased to see that the gate matches up a lot better than in some of the pictures too, I mean it wouldn't have been a massive deal to me if it were a bit mismatched (I'm sure it wasn't perfect in the anime..) but it's nice nonetheless. Only had a chance to quickly flip through the artbook as I'm about to go away for the weekend, but I love what I've seen so far and it's nice to have such a hefty book for a series I love so much.

You guys weren't joking about the weight though! Carrying it back from the building management was torture! xD

Got mine today, and yes it does weigh a ton. Very nicely packaged too.
Am just a tad disappointed with the artbook though. The traditional Anime Limited typo is there. "Homonculus"? really?
And I was expecting the interviews. They were never released with the UK single volumes, although Revelation did put them in the DVD Collector's Editions, but they were standard with the US single volume releases, and they were in their Collector's Edition artbook. So for me it's not as Ultimate as it should have been.

I'm taking the weight issue as a nod to the manga chapter where Hoenheim makes Ed carry a bucket of sand to make him appreciate the weight of a life.

They weren't kidding when they said this set was an experience.

Back