UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That FMA set makes me jealous. I thought the resin case would be much bigger than it turned out. :O I might see if I can get it.

Really happy that Lucky Star was a weekend deal. Ordered it straight away. :) Tatami Galaxy isn't on the web store so fingers crossed that's next. :p

I'm half expecting Andrew to ban me from buying his CEs/UEs at this rate with all my complaining.

I'm also looking to seeing AL improve how they handle standard editions though. All I care about is getting series on blu-ray, the majority of UE/CE extras don't interest me at all - I'd rather buy more standard editions. It's not like I ever get round to watching most of them anyway, it's all about having access to more anime on bluray.

Negative or positive - we take feedback on board so don't worry, not going to ban anyone from anything there ;). Just we're feeling humans who care about what we do here so you'll get passionate responses from us too (within boundaries of professionalism, obviously!)

Nothing's achieved by people just sucking up anyway, if you're happy with something let us know, if you're - do the same :). We'll try our best to do something with it or we'll at least say why not :)!

AL said on their podcast it was 5kg. I feel bad for everyone's shelving units. :p

This is excellent news! :D

I'm probably give you far too much **** (I'm not good at managing my tone, so I almost certainly come across far ruder than I intend -- sorry about that), but I'm very excited for this, and I really appreciate that you have listened to and continue to listen to feedback. :)

Not at all - don't worry about it, we like the feedback and we know how things can work people up, you're passionate and so are we. That's always a good thing as far as I'm concerned!

DPD are the best company imo

I like DPD too. Haven't had any trouble with my deliveries from the AL store in the past but if they're ever reviewing shipping agreements I'd also vote for DPD (just please, never go with Yodel).

The alternative solution of packaging UEs inside their own mobile fortress is also interesting to hear about!

R

Imagine how much a MSG UE would cost. And how big it would be. It could come inside its very own fully functional mobile suit.

R

Imagine how much a MSG UE would cost. And how big it would be. It could come inside its very own fully functional mobile suit.

R

For what it's worth, there have been sub-£2o special editions of the Transformers films and Pacific Rim that came with toy model robots. Obviously it's anime so it would be more expensive and you'd probably want better build quality, but I wouldn't necessarily assume they'd be that expensive.

To be honest though, Gunpla is super cheap, so what would be the point?

For what it's worth, there have been sub-£2o special editions of the Transformers films and Pacific Rim that came with toy model robots. Obviously it's anime so it would be more expensive and you'd probably want better build quality, but I wouldn't necessarily assume they'd be that expensive.

But there was only one Transformers fil- oh.

I'm thinking of a life-sized replica. It would have to have enough space inside to fit all of the various Gundam series, after all.

R, who is also being a little facetious :)

But there was only one Transformers fil- oh.

I'm thinking of a life-sized replica. It would have to have enough space inside to fit all of the various Gundam series, after all.

R, who is also being a little facetious :)

Why a replica? Let's just make a full-on Gundam or two, take control of a plot of land and declare ourselves a Bananya republic...

--Somebody who saw two of those awful Transformers films twice, and very much wishes there was only one Transformers film :p

Jesus Christ Anime Limited. You've outdone yourself with the FMA UE. This gate is officially the craziest thing in my Blu-ray collection now. Really impressed with the build quality.

Here it is in comparison with the Funi one, as I am crazy enough to own both.
levQfqSl.jpg

Funimation's book wins for the interviews, but I'm still impressed. FMA is the only series that I'd pay out for this sort of thing.

I'm also looking to seeing AL improve how they handle standard editions though. All I care about is getting series on blu-ray, the majority of UE/CE extras don't interest me at all - I'd rather buy more standard editions. It's not like I ever get round to watching most of them anyway, it's all about having access to more anime on bluray.

I'm with you on this...

...apart maybe, for the bit about not getting around to watching stuff. I only buy stuff I genuinely intend to watch at some point.

But I just want locally-held not-beholden-on-the-network-gods copies of stuff I do intend to watch. Or, more accurately, rewatch. if I'm going to revisit a show on a yearly basis, I'm not gonna stream it every time. Hence needing it on Blu-ray.

but Im probably not going to read an artbook. I'll barely, if ever, look at art cards. I'd love display space for figurines and the like but that's not happening any tome soon. (tiny flat!)
And unless it's keeping three or more amarays grouped nicely together on my shelf, the only thing a box does is frustrate me. Unless its oversized, at which point it also wastes my incredibly limited shelf space.

Standard editions are what I need. Or, more accurately, Collector/Ultimate Editions are often far more than I need. I just need "discs in a box". And I'd love if these would regularly come in at least a somewhat timely manner. And preferably pre-scheduled.
Unless I've decided to get a CE or UE at initial release (unlikely but can happen given the right show - and even then they unbalance the view of my shelves), having it around in the absence of a standard edition for longer won't get me to end up buying it eventually. I'll just wait or give up.

No matter my opinions on the set itself, congrats to the team for pulling this off, a labour of love for sure and a true flasgship product, the likes of which we rarely see in this country when it comes to japanimation releases.

Gundam UE? We're getting AGE?

All Gundams are coming to the UK with the exception of the following:
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation
  • Turn-A Gundam: Movie Collection
  • Gundam Evolve [TRSI has Region 2 support]
  • After War Gundam X [TRSI has Region 2 support]
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Reasoning is because the above are DVD only (and have no Blu-ray master).

Back