UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

All Gundams are coming to the UK with the exception of the following:
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation
  • Turn-A Gundam: Movie Collection
  • Gundam Evolve [TRSI has Region 2 support]
  • After War Gundam X [TRSI has Region 2 support]
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Reasoning is because the above are DVD only (and have no Blu-ray master).

It was a cheap joke. In AGE the antagonists are initially called UE/Unknown Enemy ;)

Presumably they'll eventually receive remasters though? Particularly War in the Pocket, seeing as it's so short it would be comparatively inexpensive to scan/restore.

Belladonna of Sadness now listed as a March 13th 2017 release on Amazon, I really can't wait for this.

Also, Momotaro, Sacred Sailors is listed as a combo DVD/BD release on anime-on-line which actually makes some sense as you'd want to maximize sales/viewership potential for this type of title.

Belladonna of Sadness now listed as a March 13th 2017 release on Amazon, I really can't wait for this.

Also, Momotaro, Sacred Sailors is listed as a combo DVD/BD release on anime-on-line which actually makes some sense as you'd want to maximize sales/viewership potential for this type of title.
Aren't all of AL's movie CEs combo packs?

Perhaps the most exciting AL releases ever! Hoping for some nice extras on Momotato in particular; I can't think of a better opportunity to collect some of the surviving pre-war and wartime anime shorts. Anyone know of any interviews with Mitsuyo Seo? He didn't pass away until 2010, it would be very sad if there were no interviews conducted for posterity. In fact, it's quite sad that (to my knowledge) there aren't any documentaries looking at the history of anime.

There are quite a few Japanese documentaries which look back at historical anime (though I have no idea whether there are any involving Momotarou). My otaku friend is very excited about recording them whenever she spots one on television. I imagine licensing that kind of thing is way more trouble than it would be worth as an extra since they will come through different companies but it would be neat to see more Japanese documentaries coming over somehow one day. I'd love to own a set of NHK Historia episodes :S

R

There are quite a few Japanese documentaries which look back at historical anime (though I have no idea whether there are any involving Momotarou). My otaku friend is very excited about recording them whenever she spots one on television. I imagine licensing that kind of thing is way more trouble than it would be worth as an extra since they will come through different companies but it would be neat to see more Japanese documentaries coming over somehow one day. I'd love to own a set of NHK Historia episodes :S

R

Interesting, thank you for that. I wouldn't agree that they'd be more trouble than they're worth, but then again anime companies' extras policies have always confused me to no end. But I believe Momotaro is licensed from Shochiku, who would probably be more straightforward (Eureka, Arrow, Criterion, BFI have all licensed their live action content and been able to include great extras)

Furthermore to my previous post, I have managed to track something down - turns out that in 1987 (according to this recent two-part article by Mitsuyo Seo's grandson, Yutakachi Seo), after the first TV broadcast of Momotaro's Divine Sea Warriors, there was a conversation between Osamu Tezuka and Mitsuyo Seo moderated by critic Masahiro Ogi. I don't know if this has ever been released or broadcast again, and it's almost certainly never been subtitled but it has been uploaded to Youtube here. I can't seem to find which channel it was actually broadcast on but it would be an invaluable extra if AL could figure it out.

EDIT: There's also a roundtable discussion about Momotaro between Mitsuyo SEO, Osamu TEZUKA, Takuya MORI, Emiko OKADA, Goro SUGIMOTO, and more in this reprinted issue of FILM1/24. Tezuka also wrote an essay on the film, published recently in this collection.

Another Edit: This appears to be a transcript of the above discussion between Tezuka, Seo and Ogi. Seems it was broadcast on TBS as part of a Saturday movie slot. Not sure if any more info is out there. Can't find an exact date.

Last edited:
mRRyqMe.png

KE2NJHf.png

Are all artcases this thick now? The last CE I bought was Baccano and it's rather thin compared to this one.

YLIA Delayed
Thanks @Teapot

Hello [TEAPOT],

Due to unforeseen circumstances there's been a delay in shipment on Your Lie in April due to late received stock. We're expecting a delivery latest of Wednesday this week and copies will go out as soon as possible.

Obviously at Anime Ltd we strive to deliver stock as quickly as we can especially for our pre-sales titles so we'd like to send an apology £5 off your next order valid up until December 31st 2016.

Just use [COUPON CODE] next time you check out, restricted to one per customer.

Again our apologies for this unusual case and hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Andrew Partridge,
Anime Limited

Im not 100% sure the coupon is great idea as all retailer users are delayed yet AL users get a cheaper price (Due to early bird ) and a Voucher

I guess it's just a perk of shopping direct from AL themselves. They aren't responsible for what other retails give out in compensation, and I appreciate the gesture. Criticising them for trying to make up for a delay is ludicrous.

Back