UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I hope they also do something about the spelling mistakes, considering how long this release has took (2013 it was announced wasn't it?) and what they're charging for it I really hoped for better.

According to amazon Part 1 of ERASED is delayed till Feb 13th
Claymore January 16th

That's plenty time to get the ERASED RRP down to something reasonable for 6 episodes then....

And unfortunately there also seem to be some typos in the Escaflowne release too

VCa7fTL.jpg

fzZcwub.jpg

First one isn't a typo, a miet is a Gaean unit of time equivalent to about 30 Earth seconds. So you can scratch that down to one - which I believe was reported before. So far I know of two typos on Disc 1, which I'm afraid doesn't merit the cost on change and replace but I'll discuss with colleagues when they get back from holiday before committing one way or another :).

If someone wants to message me anymore they've found I'll make an educated decision then :). That's not me being harsh per se - I totally understand people's desire to see it perfected as well but at the end of the day there are business constraints to follow as well.

Bring on the hate now (I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't in what I say anyway so may as well be level with folks!)

Best,

Andrew

This is a UE though. The price I would have to pay £110 even two spelling mistakes puts me right off

There's also a degree of cost practicality invariably in this.

UE's have a high cost per unit and of that £110 we make far less than you'd think (about £60) - the real cost isn't fixing the disc (that part I'd be OK doing) but the issue is you're then dealing with another disc print and dispatch.

As an aside, we actually caught a pretty big disc label error before across discs before stock went out to start which ate in already to the cost significantly (the more you know), so we have to tread carefully on what we do. Add one disc being replicated and fulfilled for folks that actually does genuinely (in my opinion anyway) spoil the experience then it's not so cut and dry.

Not saying we won't do it - but I'm just saying I need to talk it over with the team. As far as I see it either we're fixing it for Ultimate buyers and the standard, or neither as I wouldn't want a £90 release that someone could buy cheaper with "better" discs. So we need to balance ye olde numbers up :).

In meantime, if anyone fancies sending me anything they've noticed by messages then I'd appreciate it!

Best,

Andrew

There's also a degree of cost practicality invariably in this.

UE's have a high cost per unit and of that £110 we make far less than you'd think (about £60) - the real cost isn't fixing the disc (that part I'd be OK doing) but the issue is you're then dealing with another disc print and dispatch.

As an aside, we actually caught a pretty big disc label error before across discs before stock went out to start which ate in already to the cost significantly (the more you know), so we have to tread carefully on what we do. Add one disc being replicated and fulfilled for folks that actually does genuinely (in my opinion anyway) spoil the experience then it's not so cut and dry.

Not saying we won't do it - but I'm just saying I need to talk it over with the team. As far as I see it either we're fixing it for Ultimate buyers and the standard, or neither as I wouldn't want a £90 release that someone could buy cheaper with "better" discs. So we need to balance ye olde numbers up :).

In meantime, if anyone fancies sending me anything they've noticed by messages then I'd appreciate it!

Best,

Andrew
The ideal for me is the DRR scenario where I buy the UE knowing I will get a copy of the SE discs down the line

Bring on the hate now (I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't in what I say anyway so may as well be level with folks!)
Still a number of people here who really appreciate what you're doing, and understand you're going above and beyond in a lot of cases.

A big part of the reason I visit these forums is for the interaction with the distributers themselves, it's nice to have an insight into what can, and does go wrong when putting out a product. It's probably just a choice of words thing, but I very much doubt anyone here actively hates anything your team puts out (maybe taste wise!).

I'm not saying it's not warranted, but some of the criticism here could be a little more constructive.

You know what, that's all fair enough imo. I'm annoyed obvious mistakes like that slipped in to begin with but totally understand that 2 spelling mistakes probably don't merit fixing. I'll just wait til the replacement scheme starts and decide if I want it or not I guess.

With that said, any updates on ERASED price being adjusted or is that dead in the water at this point?

You know what, that's all fair enough imo. I'm annoyed obvious mistakes like that slipped in to begin with but totally understand that 2 spelling mistakes probably don't merit fixing. I'll just wait til the replacement scheme starts and decide if I want it or not I guess.

Two repeating subs so far are the extent of the errors and I'm yet to check the reports to be sure if they came up or not and just slipped through unfixed. However it got there I agree it's annoying - I'm going to need to run another end-to-end QC now to verify there is nothing else as if there's more I can re-examine a lot easier :). Like I say - not saying definitively one way or another yet :)!

Buzzkillington said:
With that said, any updates on ERASED price being adjusted or is that dead in the water at this point?

Working on that as we speak, our booklet will be bigger than the US one so just getting costs back etc first but I'd like to get it down if I can, not dead in the water yet though so watch this space. Definitely agreed that 6 eps needs to be lower, ideal world of £39.99 given chunky book that comes with on our end and translation cost but we'll update asap :). Not forgotten that!

Back