UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'd love to order those lovely looking things, but I just can't spend £80 on a single OVA... just can't. It's the same reason I have the grainy and blocky Gundam Unicorn DVDs rather than the blu-rays, sadly...

I'd love to own them too, but £80 for 60 minutes is just way way past the realms of anything I'd even consider spending.

I'm hoping for some kind of standard release in the future.

Buzz raises a good point re the boxes and booklets. It would be interesting to understand just how much of an impact they have had on the UK release schedule this year?

Zero really, packaging is approved but authoring with FR subs added takes longer alas :(.

AP

My Perfect Blue Steelbook has arrived badly damaged :( , Purchased from Zavvi. Honestly I would prefer to sort out a replacement with Anime Limited directly if possible? or do I have to use Zavvi and perhaps have the same outcome?

My Perfect Blue Steelbook has arrived badly damaged :( , Purchased from Zavvi. Honestly I would prefer to sort out a replacement with Anime Limited directly if possible? or do I have to use Zavvi and perhaps have the same outcome?
Zavvi.
But mention on twitter or pop them and email and see if they say anything.

Standard Cardboard envelope and some thin foam. I also expected there to be zero issues since Zavvi basically survives on their Steelbook business. But there is a major ding on the left side of the spine just below the (1) that has misshapen the entire steelbook. It's bent abit like a banana

Standard Cardboard envelope and some thin foam. I also expected there to be zero issues since Zavvi basically survives on their Steelbook business. But there is a major ding on the left side of the spine just below the (1) that has misshapen the entire steelbook. It's bent abit like a banana

Yeah, thats how they package steelbooks. Had to cancel my order of this and UBW part 2 to afford Escaflowne myself.

Also thats a problem with steelbooks, they look nice but aren't as durable as a standard amaray. My Force Awakens steelbook now looks like a banana after my brother toppled an armchair onto it, the discs can't even stay on the tray. Thankfully Zavvi still had stock and he replaced it.

lfiUJec.jpg

Last edited:

Bananya steelbook confirmed? I'm sorry I had to...

You'll have to through Zavvi directly on this occasion, as it's an exclusive through them only so our hands are a bit tied on this one.

I take it instead of a Newswire this week we shall get the podcast?
I'm hoping for no (or only a little) delay for Lucky Star.
7b7.gif

Let's be honest here, ever since we all found out about the extras being split across the Blu-ray and DVD on Funimation's release, we all pretty much suspected that there would have to be a delay. I doubt they can get a new disc out there in that small amount of time.

If anything a delay would be good enough imo in order to have a complete product. I don't want to have the set miss out on 60% of the extras.

Oh, I certainly agree. I've just been so excited to finally own this again after selling my Bandai DVD's years ago. I worry with the busy and packed schedule AL have for Q4, that may push the release to next year rather than deal with creating a new disc at this point in time.

Maybe, they're not going to be using FUNImations BD masters considering how much better the DVD version is as an upscale in comparison to the blurays since I've never seen so many jagged lines in my life and from looking at the screenshots for the JP BD version it most certainly looks like funi botched the BD version.

Japan is getting a Mai Mai Miracle release in October.

Mai Mai Miracle
Release
: October 28th 2016
Audio: Japanese / English / French
Price: 6,980 yen (tax included)
¥ 5,191 @ Amazon.co.jp
Extras:
  • Sleeve Case (first specification)
  • Audio Commentary by anime critic Hikawa Ryusuke
  • Pilot film
  • Special Booklet: Imageboards, character set, art set, text regarding supervision related work and words from the staff.
  • Comes with all the bonuses that were on the Japanese DVD Bonus Disc (Aprox 110 Mins) - Making Of, Yamaguchi Broadcasting specials, Digital gallery, storyboards etc.

Back