UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Y'all will get it at the same time. Least I could do was let TRSI announce it but it's a result of me digging my heels in on this side about it as DVD only was not viable for the UK and I thought Turn A of all shows deserved BD. There was always going to be a degree of turnaround to get it onto the slate though there as you can guess!

DVD sales were not bad either as far as I gather too btw but just have incidental information on that so nothing substantial!

On the upside, you'll get it soon enough now :). TRSI will be authoring that one.

AP
Awesome, glad you stuck to your guns on this one as while I may have bought a DVD, I'll 100% buy Turn A on BD.

Curious though, with trying to get Gundam back on track for 2017, will you still be continuing with the release model you've been going for? I love that we get a nice box and would hate for speeding up the releases to put an end to them. (I guess we've only really had one box and booklet thus far but you know what I mean).

As for the Sword of the Stranger reply to HdE, I really hope something comes from it.

Good news about the Gundam and can't wait for pre-orders for The Origin IV to go live.

I hope you can get Sword of the Stranger and do something lovely with it as it's probably my favourite movie.

Ok, I think I'm back onboard for the UK Gundam releases :)

It's great that we're getting Turn A on blu, that's a great success.

Buzz raises a good point re the boxes and booklets. It would be interesting to understand just how much of an impact they have had on the UK release schedule this year?

I've been looking into Stranger independently as there's a lot of bonus material never used before and the film always deserved a Collector's Edition as well really :).

Watch this space!

I'm watching! I'm watching!

One thing I'll mention here, as somebody who recently picked up a second hand copy of Stranger on BD, is that as much as I really would like (and really would like to support) a nice, fixed HD edition of the film, it'll be a triple dip for me. Obvously that makes me a special case (Oi! No laughing at the back!) so a CE style release is going to have to be pretty keenly priced and have some really neat bonus material to get my money on day one.

That said, if / as /when it happens, however you guys put it out, at some point I WILL put my money down for it.

I might even manage an effusive Youtube review of the movie as well by way of free publicity... ;)

I'm watching! I'm watching!

One thing I'll mention here, as somebody who recently picked up a second hand copy of Stranger on BD, is that as much as I really would like (and really would like to support) a nice, fixed HD edition of the film, it'll be a triple dip for me. Obvously that makes me a special case (Oi! No laughing at the back!) so a CE style release is going to have to be pretty keenly priced and have some really neat bonus material to get my money on day one.

That said, if / as /when it happens, however you guys put it out, at some point I WILL put my money down for it.

I might even manage an effusive Youtube review of the movie as well by way of free publicity... ;)
It would a triple dip for me too as I first got it on DVD, then the French Beez BD release (as it had eng subtitles) and then I would definitely get an AL release if they do something awesome with it.

The Lupin 2015 release is that a new translation or the same as what is on crunchyroll?

Also do you know if you will be including the 2 Blu-Ray exclusive episodes that did not air on TV in Japan?

Last edited:
Just seen that Discotek have announced Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer for the US; is there any chance of you giving it a UK release? Truly one of the masterpieces of anime. Ideally we could get a double pack with the other Oshii-directed UY film, Only You... Any Mamoru Oshii released by AL would be great.

Andrew if you're wondering around this thread, is there a chance that you could grab the license to Overlord and give it the Anime Limited Collector's treatment (and not the Funimation style one)?

The artwork used in the series is gorgeous, especially with the illustrations. And it's a long stretch but the music was also pretty epic so if that's available then that would be great.

71RaMi83NKL._SL1252_.jpg

7148wm88HqL._SL1000_.jpg

713DjUQ6WiL._SL1500_.jpg

71vTalDFOoL._SL1280_.jpg

71QgATErQpL._SL1358_.jpg

81l%2BamfArkL._SL1401_.jpg

Just seen that Discotek have announced Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer for the US; is there any chance of you giving it a UK release? Truly one of the masterpieces of anime. Ideally we could get a double pack with the other Oshii-directed UY film, Only You... Any Mamoru Oshii released by AL would be great.

I second this; MVM have already said they won't bring it over but it's one I'd love to own on blu-ray, and I'd rather not import.

Hey !
Any chance for you guys to license and release Strike the Blood season 1+OVA series on Blu-Ray? Nobody released this title yet in the west ...

I have some discotec releases robot carnival on dvd only no hd Master exist as far as I know and vampire hunter d blood lust on blue ray and it looks really good.

Has anyone ever got Discotek titles?

I presume you wouldn't have to licence anything from Discotek themselves but, in the case of Beautiful Dreamer, from Toho?

But off the top of my head: Lupin III: Mystery of Mamo, Castle of Cagliostro, Little Norse Prince, Panda Go Panda, Sherlock Hound, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust and 5 centimetres per second have all been released by Discotek in the US and someone else over here.

It would be great if AL could collaborate with Discotek to bring some titles to Blu-Ray on both sides of the pond.

Pre-orders for the final part of Gundam the Origin Part IV are up if it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Looking forward to watching the final part, as well as another large, pretty box.

Really happy with how the partnership between AL and Sunrise has gone so far! My thanks to the team for working it out!

Back