UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Wait... £45 standard or £50 Limited edition

And the limited edition includes a 220 page artbook

I dont even know what bleach is and I'm tempted 😹
Never seen it either, and pretty much all I know is inferred from images of tall and serious people posing with big swords.
Which presents a small problem for me; why would I start watching an incomplete set?
If they sold the whole thing in one bulk go, then no problem - I can stick that on a shelf and get watching whenever. And even that book isn’t going to get looked at until I start watching (I’d only buy the ce/se/ue anyway).

So if pre-ordering such a fractional set seems pointless and annoying, that leaves the options of looking at importing, or simply waiting for a complete/bundle/discount version.

I for one are so glad Anime Limited have finally seen the light and dropped that stupid, over cluttered spine design for the Bleach standard editions.

Looks like I am going to have to whip something up because of ALs mistake. AL spines are by far the worst spine design to exist, it's cluttered, ugly and doesn't flow right. Their worst offence is when they slap it on digipacks with the BBFC logo, when it's not even required on spines anymore.

Ad least the standards have a nice spine deisgn.

Looks like I am going to have to whip something up because of ALs mistake. AL spines are by far the worst spine design to exist, it's cluttered, ugly and doesn't flow right. Their worst offence is when they slap it on digipacks with the BBFC logo, when it's not even required on spines anymore.

Ad least the standards have a nice spine deisgn.
I'd say their worst offence is when they slap it on digipacks and then forget to put the key art of the series!
But then that's such a stupid mistake I'm sure it wouldn't happen more than once.....
20240816_090946.jpg

For anyone going for the standard bleech editiion, looks to be £35 at Anime on-line. I have no idea if thats a pricing error though and should be £45 (or maybe £40), or if Anime limited as mentioned previously have listed at the wrong price.
(zavvi is also £41 for standard but +postage and its Zavvi)

£35 is about what I would expect a standard edition (based off more recent prices (I would still rather go back to prices of a few years back )) to be rather than the £50 rrp or £45 pre-order, but well anime prices of late so I have no idea.

For anyone going for the standard bleech editiion, looks to be £35 at Anime on-line. I have no idea if thats a pricing error though and should be £45 (or maybe £40), or if Anime limited as mentioned previously have listed at the wrong price.

£35 is about what I would expect a standard edition (based off more recent prices (I would still rather go back to prices of a few years back )) to be rather than the £50 rrp or £45 pre-order, but well anime prices of late so I have no idea.

I did notice this as well. I also noted that the Naruto set 1 SE was also priced at 44.99 initially on the ATA website, but has now come down to 39.99. My thinking is AL price it this way during the EB period for the CE to drive up sales for the more expensive edition.

Also, take a look at the pricing for Bleach Thousand Year Blood War SE. ATA have it listed as 34.99, whereas MVM have it for 27.99. So even if you're an Anime Unlimited member and get 10% off, it's still cheaper to buy that set from MVM. I wonder if that is the case for a lot of other SEs between the two stores.

Also, on a completely different note - I've just seen MVM have a listing for Kaiji Season 2 - not sure how I completely missed that being a thing! Although, no sight of a collector's edition yet as far as I can see.

Last edited:

That's normal for AOL, preorders are usually a 30% discount on srp which is £49.99 for Bleach.

I’m not going to pre-order the original bleach set. The Viz media Blu-rays are not the best quality (even before set 7) and some of the filler episodes are genuinely unbearable. I wish anime limited authorized the bleach discs themselves like they’re doing with the naruto set. I would’ve genuinely bought it if they did.

I've got remuxes of all the VIZ Bleach sets on one of my HDDs and 1-6 look decent, the sharpness and clarity of the image is better than the DVDs for the most part imo - so I'll buy up to set 6 at the very least. I heard there was a rumour that Anime Limited may retouch the later sets, but nothing confirmed.

If AL are just going to do a straight transfer of the later VIZ sets, then it's going to be a no from me dawg because those sets are truly a mess.

Last edited:
I just re-signed up for Anime (Un)limited, but did it today so missed the mass email and with the sale going live at 5pm I doubt they'll get back to me before then.

Could any one post or DM the 15% code assuming its the standard universal code that just requires an account check of being subbed to use and looks something Like ANIMESUMMER24?

Back