UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

At least their communication is open and honest, and they've told us the reasons why it is being delayed.

I only watch Naruto in Japanese, so the subtitles being of a high standard is important, so I'm glad they didn't decide just to roll with the subpar subtitles.
Yeah, you don't want the quality of the early Manga dvds between changing terms like ramen to pot noodle or straight up using dubtitles.

Though I haven't pre-ordered it I'm glad they're delaying it to make sure the subtitles are up to par considering all the recent issues with a number of releases when it comes to subtitles.

I'd like to assume they've had enough backlash at this point to make sure it doesn't happen again where possible and with Naruto being a major title as well, all eyes will be on it.

I normally crap on AL as having the worst QC team out of any label but I genuinely applaud them for delaying when the found a problem (it was 100% the pot noodle subs), communicating it BEFORE release and explaining why.

Hopefully going forward they'll learn all it takes is one quick post and 90% of fans will be happy to wait than receive an inferior product they've just paid a ridiculous amount of money for.

And it saves a crap ton on bad PR.

Honestly, if they didn't delay it and we received the pot noodle subs, I would have thrown the set out my window.

Imagine the memes that would have resulted though. A premium Naruto collector's edition set with pot noodle subs would have been so bad that it would have been hilarious. I think they had no choice.

Honestly, if they didn't delay it and we received the pot noodle subs, I would have thrown the set out my window.

Imagine the memes that would have resulted though. A premium Naruto collector's edition set with pot noodle subs would have been so bad that it would have been hilarious. I think they had no choice.
Does the dub say pot noodle?

Wait... £45 standard or £50 Limited edition

And the limited edition includes a 220 page artbook

I dont even know what bleach is and I'm tempted 😹

The e-mail says the standard edition should be £39.99 (before Unlimited).

I'll be pre-ordering the standard but I'll have to wait until I get paid next week, and will give time to see which price is correct, what the store says or what the e-mail says.

1000001646.jpg

The equivalent Naruto standard set is 39.99, so I'm guessing it's a mistake. Although, I seem to remember that the Naruto standard edition was priced at 44.99 initially too.

The cynic in me says they purposefully do this to drive sales for their CE during the early bird period - when customers go to look for Bleach and compare both editions, they'll think "what's an extra fiver?".

AL, gimme non-battle shounen stuff, I am dying here and I just want to give you my money. Also release Kakegurui Season 2 already!!

Yeah I think its time AL rebrands their spines to be honest. The idea was cool at first but it just feels off-putting. I suppose they really were trying to be the Criterion of anime even with the spines.

Also they can ditch the BBFC logos on the spines, no longer necessary. I don't mind them but may as well use that extra space for the main artwork or so.

So tempting even though I have the full US Bleech set with all the shiny slip covers (I assume we won't be getting the shiny silver cover art and slip covers, they look white / gradient in the example art)

Maybe I'll just be tempted by the CE art box set and do some re-housing, casue 13 sets is gonna get expensive, and I still haven't managed to watch all of them yet, a fair few are still sealed (damn you too watch pile)

But I'm curious how there doing the sets with 13 set in total if they follow the US release (maybe 6-9 & 10-13 with the housing art boxes, but maybe arc based although I'm pretty sure half of the arc end mid blu-ray set)

Might also have to re-sign up to anime unlimited for my 10% and 15% for the upcoming sale (I assume the 15% won't work on this bleach set)

Back